AT&T Continues To Clamp Down On Unofficial iPhone Tethering

13»

Comments

• Sunday
    Sunday Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    When your windows computer connects to the Internet it constantly connects to their update databases in order to ensure your system is up to date. Since Att can see all the websites you visit, they pretty much can tell your tethering since your "apple" iPhone should not be sending packets to the windows update server. I guess that is why the few previous people that commented saying they tether to their iPads and iPods have not been messages.
  • Brad
    Brad Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    I guess I'm a pretty big deal. Maybe if you squeeze your buttcheecks together real tight, you can accomplish this feat. Good luck Duncan McCloud. You are the last of them highlander. You are the last.
  • bortg
    bortg Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i used to download torrents like a mofo on my phone i think that it is all about past data usage they tryed to do it to me and i cannceled my service sense i was out of contract anyway
  • bortg
    bortg Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    232 terabytes (tb)thats i real **** ton of data
  • devol
    devol Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Lets take this to fb, someone should create a fb page encouraging AT&T iPhone customers to use as much data as possible. All totally legit usage, netflix, YouTube and pandora, any iPhone app that is a data hog. If we all pass this around to every one we know it's only a matter of time before AT&T drops this ****. I used to tether while at my shop, I stopped after getting this txt from AT&T I am now paying for Internet through cox. Even though I use my cox Internet for my iPad all day long I have my phone plugged in and I have netflix running literally 24 hours a day. **** you AT&T. This is all legal legit use and if the change my plan I'll sue them
  • devol
    via Wordpress
    Lets take this to fb, someone should create a fb page encouraging AT&T iPhone customers to use as much data as possible. All totally legit usage, netflix, YouTube and pandora, any iPhone app that is a data hog. If we all pass this around to every one we know it's only a matter of time before AT&T drops this ****. I used to tether while at my shop, I stopped after getting this txt from AT&T I am now paying for Internet through cox. Even though I use my cox Internet for my iPad all day long I have my phone plugged in and I have netflix running literally 24 hours a day. **** you AT&T. This is all legal legit use and if they change my plan I'll sue them
  • Brad
    via Wordpress
    Not if you're downloading .txt files. Those bad boys add up quick!
  • JayeDee369
    JayeDee369 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, you can. Tethering is a program not a mechanical device. I actually had tethering with PDAnet with my 3G when the service started. It was just slow as hell since it didn't have the capacity to do tethering like my iPhone 4 LOL
  • Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    My friend works at sprint and says to me tethering is free at sprint, my sprint friends never complain about sprint... Will see all about that, I got the AT&T tethering message few days ago, called them and denied everything, I got asked what I do on my iPhone, i told them I surf lots on YouTube and Netflix.. Then they just told me if I get caught tethering past 4/31 they will bill me extra 45$ month for 4 gigs... I told them I will cancel if they do... I recorded the call. If u wanna hear it let me know, fakeloser@aim.com, I'm waiting for the evo 3d on sprint to make my switch...
  • Brad
    via Wordpress
    and lose... But go Braveheart!
  • devol
    via Wordpress
    Well if I'm not tethering and they changevmy plan without my permission, why wouldn't I win a law suit, no matter now many lawyers you got that's pretty cut and dry.
  • terrell
    terrell Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I don't tether any more haven't for a long time. And I still use about 5th a month. They told me I was tethering, um no, I'm not. They just kept saying I was when I was on the phone with them and wouldnt let me explain other wise. If they change my plan because they think I'm tethering I will be pissed! And take my 4 lines somewhere else!
  • Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    I will keep tethering all I want till the new sprint evo phone comes out in June so i can switch to sprint, I will report back to this post if att starts charging me 45$ extra automatically, might even cancel right then and there when I get my bill... I started hating att around the time they took down the unlimited plans, i was lucky to keep my unlimited but since they are now pulling this **** i will go to sprint... the real unlimited plans are there...
  • ephrium
    ephrium Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I've been using MyWi for a while via the WiFi function for my laptop and even XBOX Live. I had never recieved any kind of information from AT&T about detecting my MyWi use. One day, I decided to connect my laptop via the tether USB function and the next day I recieved the email and text about unofficial use. I called AT&T because I didnt want them to change my plan. They said my account had been flagged for unofficial tethering. I acted dumb and said I had an old iOS and didnt realize you could even tether your iPhone even though I have the most recent iOS. The representative apologized for the flag and suggested that I update my iPhone and make sure I didnt have any apps that might be using alot of data. She said they suspect someone is tethering when something changes with your ISP or something like that. She removed the flag and I have been using the WiFi function ever since and have not recieved any more notifications. Think they detect via USB tether?