iPhone 4S Will Come With Minor Cosmetic Changes, Better Cameras, Faster A5 Processor & HSPA+ Support

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4S Will Come With Minor Cosmetic Changes, Better Cameras, Faster A5 Processor & HSPA+ Support

Forbes reports that according to Jefferies & Co. analyst Peter Misek claims that Apple’s next generation iPhone will be called iPhone 4S in a research note.

Misek claims that according to his sources, the fifth generation iPhone won’t feature an all-new design as many of you might have hoped, but will come with minor cosmetic changes, better cameras, faster dual-core A5 processor and HSPA+ support.

Misek writes in the research note:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kaz
    Kaz Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    I for one am disappointed. I'll wait for the next iPhone after the 4S/5, there is no point in me wasting my upgrade for this 4S/5 when they will probably announce another phone sometime in 2012 that will be 4G capable, faster, redesigned etc.. For me, my iPhone 4 is plenty fast and plenty capable for now, Apple has been slacking with these half ass new releases...the iPad vs the iPad 2 is pathetic...they barely changed anything, hardly worth getting a completely new one for the few minor spec changes.
  • Digitaltouch
    Digitaltouch Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Well it is what it is, what can one do. I sure will wait as my contract will be just over a year old by september. Guess I'll wait for the one after that. But there sure will be lots of competition by that time. Let's see
  • eeze
    eeze Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    ...so just because the iphone 3GS had a better camera, faster processor, and better 3g support the next iphone will magically have the same features? where did the iphone gs that never went into production
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    im disappointed, but will use my upgrade or buy it outright and then use my upgrade next year for iphone 6, the only phone i down own is the 3gs so i like to keep the collection going.
  • Wolverinemarky
    via Wordpress
    ur comment makes no sense, Why wouldnt the next iphone have better specs then the current iPhone generation. So yes it will have better cam, better processo more features or no one would really buy it but people who dont already have iPhones
  • Wolverinemarky
    via Wordpress
    why would it not have better specs then the previous generation is what i meant
  • Gator5000e
    Gator5000e Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Any mention of an increase in storage to 64GBs or more? That's what i really want.
  • JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress
    ME TOO! The processor is cool and all, but that's all I really want.
  • surfmike
    surfmike Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    all we here in CR is the ipad 2 jailbreak that all we wnat,,,
  • ARC
    ARC Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    so what exactly is the new rumored release date now for this 4S
  • Shannon
    Shannon Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Sprint and T-Mobile? Give me a break!And what is there to be disappointed about? Nothing is true until Apple announces it. Analysts are wrong more often than they're right.
  • Cooper
    Cooper Posts: 144
    via Wordpress
    If it's a change like 3G->3GS, I'll stick with my 4 for another year. That's what I did with my 3G.
  • Mcsteven
    Mcsteven Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    I just want a bigger screen and it'd be perfect. I like the design of iPhone 4.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    When update from 3G to 3GS, there are huge hidden update. The most important changing is RAM upgrade from 128MB to 256MB. It makes the device is so stable, and free from the frequently reboot/resping for heavy user. What is the important update from 4 to 4S ?
  • Meidas
    Meidas Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Agree with Cooper ;)
  • Jayydoggy
    Jayydoggy Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Very disappointing. Hate to say this cause I'm a huge apple fan but if apple don't come up with something better then these reports, rumors... Then android will leave apple in there dust.
  • putra97
    putra97 Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    i will wait for iphone 5 or 6 which in all new design & really improved specification...
  • Bullfrog
    Bullfrog Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
    The biggest update to it will be IOS 5 that I'm sure it will run much better on the new iphone. You can always upgrade and then sell it when the iphone 5 or 6 is released and get that.
  • Freddieboy
    Freddieboy Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    If it is just a change like 3g to 3gs then I will stick with my 4.I want a bigger screen if they don't bring out the five soon they will lose out to the Samsung Galaxy S2 in my opinion
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    iPhone 4S = iPad 2, not worth an upgrade but cool for new buyers'
  • JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress
    y not...they bought t-mobile. they already have an cdma phone and would cost practually nothing to port it to sprint.
  • psp
    psp Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
    Apple ran out of ideas?
  • Mack
    Mack Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Iv just upgraded to the sgs2 much better im typing on it now haha iv got flash now too!! Crapple has gone from my life now, sorry just came here to gloat!!!! Lol
  • G Funk Money
    G Funk Money Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I'm getting it. I have to upgrade my 3GS. I never had an iPhone 4 so this will be new to me.
  • ceskapica
    ceskapica Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Hmm very well. I'm into Android after June.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    You won't regret and on top of that you will not see as many rumors as you can see with the iphone.I have a 3gs and Dell Streak I love both of them.
  • Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    okay there is a difference between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S AND IPHONE5 will have A 4 G LITE CHIP which will decrease your battery life because its faster on the network about 40% of the battery will decrease but its not even close to an iPhone 4 because the 4 uses an A4 CHIP instead of the A5 CHIP so video games wont be the same for you iPhone 4 lovers and u wont have the same gaming experience think of this 4s device being exactly identical to the ipad 2 but a little better then the ipad 2 cuz they improve the chip once again and a better camera for you photographers and also it will provide HSPA SUPPORT WHICH MEANS THAT T-Mobile was claiming their HSPA+ will be “three times faster” than Sprint’s 4G T-Mobile’s Neville Ray said customers should expect max download speeds of 10-12 Mbps (out of a theoretical max of 21 Mbps). This would put T-Mobile on the same level as Verizon’s 4G LTE implementation. Sprint is promoting their 4G WiMax with top speeds of 3-6 Mbps, (out of a theoretical max of 10 Mbps).The major downside to T-Mobile’s current HSPA+ data plans is the monthly 5 GB of data cap WHICH WILL CHANGE AGAIN TO AT&T PLAN IN 10 MONTHS Sprint offers unlimited data over their WiMax network.SO NOW YOU KNOW WHAT HSPA+ Support IS IN OTHER WORDS It will also mean that those on T-mobile will experience the first ever 4G capable Apple handset the next iPhone will boast HSPA+ mobile broadband speeds BUT I WOULD WAIT FOR The "next generation" iPhone (ie, iPhone 5) will be redesigned to remove the (perceived) antenna problem, support LITE, NFC and possibly low-energy Bluetooth AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT THE IPHONE 4S IS THE UNLOCK SITUATION IS FINALLY OVER BECAUSE IT WILL BE THE FIRST AVAILABLE IPHONE FOR TMOBILE AND EVEN SPRINT WHICH MEANS NO MORE UNLOCKING ISSUES FOR YOU SO YOU COULD GET OUT OF YOUR 6.15 BASEBAND FINALLY AND THIS WILL HURT THE UNLOCKING BOSSINESS ALL OVER THE WORLD While the existing iPhone 4 will work on T-Mobile's GSM network in the U.S., it is limited to EDGE speeds as the AT&T and T-Mobile systems use different frequencies to support 3G data SO IN OTHER WORDS EVERYBODY THATS BEEN USING TMOBILE HAVE BEEN ON 2G NETWORK SO YOU WILL NOTICE A HUGE CHANGE FROM 2G TO HSPA+ Support IS HUGE AND ONCE TMOBILE AND AT$T MERGE THEN THEY WILL BE READY FOR IPHONE 5 LITE SPEED AND SOME PEOPLE CLAIM THAT HSPA+ is in fact, not 4G at all. Instead it's a newer, faster 3G protocol BUT WE WONT KNOW IN TILL IT HAPPENS but the marketing departments of most of the major phone manufacturers have decided that it's fast enough for them to sell as 4G.Apple has repeatedly stated that LTE is not ready for primetime yet and that it is not ready to make design changes to the iPhone in order to use LTE AND the software in iOS5 WILL BE REVAMPED AND will offer some new and dazzling features to convince the iPhone 4 users to upgrade
  • Hacker
    via Wordpress
    BUT WHAT IM LOOKING MORE FOWARD TO IS IOS 5 I THINK IT WILL DEFEAT FRYO AND GINGERBREAD AND WILL DIFENTLY BEAT IOS 4 BUT IT WONT BEAT HONEYCOMB TOO BAD HONEYCOM CANT COME TO A SMART PHONE BUT IOS5 WILL MAKE ALL ISO4 USERS Jealous
  • Schatje
    Schatje Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Let's be real here. Few people will care about the "gaming" experience on their iphone. It's not even a huge improvement to begin with. Also, HSPA+ and Wimax suck. The fact is, they can't compete with 4g LTE performance but will be marketed otherwise. So, you're basically getting a crappy battery without the 4g benefits and specs already available on phones our or soon to be released. I'm with everyone else. Apple needs to really do something with the new iphone other than play catch-up. Otherwise, there's no way in hell they'll meet sales expectations, not by a long-shot.
  • Hacker
    via Wordpress
    i disagree cuz most of the world is either on pc gaming,nintendo gaming,xbox,playstation and this is important indeed you will see when the sony phone comes to the market and the gaming on the iPhone sucks compare to a psp and that’s why the games are more expensive on the psp u pay for what u get and some of the games in the app store are worth $10 which is crazy and that’s why **** is the # 1 app cuz nobody going to pay that much for a game that like my Sega Genesis and finally sony is the best portable gaming PERIOD!!! and sony is going to release the Sony Ericsson with Android 3.0 Gingerbread on it and the game on this phone is exactly like the psp so this means apple and Microsoft are not in big trouble cuz this race is over for now and they should be really scared because everybody is going to want one when they see what im talking about the graphics on the sony phone are exactly like the psp and now that sony teaming up with google goodbye apple store finally u been dominated and this is because most of the world is addicted to video games and u never mess with a video game company like sony and sony is also releasing psp 2 which will be as powerful as the playstation 3 which is the most amazing news for any gamer who can now bring there addiction to the streets and continue to play badcompany 3 and mordern warfare 3 which will dominate all shooter video games period and this addiction will change the world maybe in a bad way creating video gaming zombies cuz of the psp 2 and the only company that can stop this psp2 which will be supported by Google which will have to be Microsoft to compete if they ever decide to make a portable Xbox 360 phone or xbox 360 tablet and dont forget Nintendo ds which as been sony competition for portable gaming as to date probably steve jobs will be knocking on Nintendo door begging to bring gaming to the iphone and the sony phone also known as Xperia Play phone it will be jail-broken by geo hot who was the first to jailbreak the iPhone helping apple succeed now geo will crack the psp phone also known as the Xperia Play phone and the game titles are gonna grab you….. here is the link with the picture and specs for you gamers out there http://www.nxtnews.com/sony-ericsson-psp-xperia-phone/