iOS 5 Already Jailbroken

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiOS 5 Already Jailbroken

MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev team has just revealed that iOS 5 has been successfully jailbroken.

That was really quick. It has been less than 24 hours since Apple unveiled iOS 5 at yesterday’s WWDC 2011 Keynote and released iOS 5 beta to developers of iOS Developer program.

MuscleNerd revealed the news on Twitter:

iOS5 jailbroken on ipt4g: via limera1n + tethered boot..not too many surprises :)

yep Cydia works fine too from quick testing (I installed SSH)

Read the full story here

Comments

• helibubba
    helibubba Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Go Dev Team! Woooohooo!
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Ultra quick, now an unlock please please please.
  • psp
    psp Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
  • deano
    deano Posts: 96
    via Wordpress
    why jb a beta version of ios 5when everybody is waiting for a unlock and the jb on the ipad 2 come on guys if you cant do it tell everybody saves people waiting around like muppets
  • King
    King Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Come the **** ON!.How about jailbreaking the iPad 2? Ever since geohot stopped working on this, the jb developers have been extremely useless. If you can't jailbreak iPad2 then let us know. I'm fucking glad Sony is getting hammered by these hackers for taking away GeoHot form us.
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    You are so ungrateful of everything these guys have done for the jb community. The reason ios5 was easy to jb was because of already existing exploits on other iOS devices. I want an iPad 2 jb just as much as you. Just think about the situation and have some understanding for what is going on. These guys don't get paid for releasing jb's and they have lives as well. They do what they do as a hobby, they dont owe us anything.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    I think Steve is quite happy with the situation of jailbreaking. Not to much freedom, just what's needed.Apple get inspiration too from the jailbreaking community.So why not keeping it running as it is?No reasons to do it more complicated for the jailbrokers.
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Btw, geohot is working on an iPad 2 jb but p0sixninja' s jb should be nearing completion. The iPad 2 jb IS coming.
  • buffybear
    buffybear Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Why on earth would you give Apple this heads-up and 4 months to 'fix' it?
  • Doctor
    Doctor Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Hey Matt wana stop repeating every other posts? oh and musclenerd you suck stop posting useless ****
  • Min
    Min Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    It is a great news, I hope they can find a untethered way soon
  • Blah
    Blah Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    don't care.iPad2 please.
  • Truth
    Truth Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Why you believe that F* guy that the only thing that he does is sending Twitte lying the whole day, oh wait he has it , like the unlock for iPhone 4 like a year ago now , but guess what he is going to save it until IOS "6 " comes out
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    This is not a very good idea to let apple know it's already jb.Apple will fix it when the released the final version.
  • Lg1
    Lg1 Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Did you guys see the pics they say 2:30am this kid on a roll...while we are asleep or parting there is someone out there working on a hack for our benefit. come on people!!!!!!!!!! have some respect and quit complaining.thank you Iphonehacks...You guys have the best site.thanks,LG1
  • IamJim
    IamJim Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    What happened to the brute force unlock method? Does anyone know if they are still pursuing that idea? They were saying it would take about 24 hours for a computer to break the code. If that was the case, sign me up!!! Any updates or insight is appreciated.
  • Thanga
    Thanga Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    UNLOCK Iphone only way is GAVEY turbo SIM work`s 5n.kost only $25. ENJOY''
  • iRSX
    iRSX Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    Not that I'm not grateful for this but you guys are not surprised by this news right? The exploit used in Limera1n is on the hardware level so a new iOS really does nothing to prevent the JB. The only limitation is that Limera1n needs an second exploit to be untethered and obviously Apple patched up the one used for the 4.3 untethered JB. That's why this iOS5 JB is tethered so far.
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Ipad jailbreak in two weeks my ass. Devteam are tools.. Gay tools. Like Garden Hoes and Jackhammers.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Its not about cribbing or complaining or not appreciating them. Its about priority. Agreed they are doing a good job but Sheriff Hashim said almost 10 times on Twitter that baseband 2.10 unlock read, will release after 4.2, then 4.3 and they never did that.iPhone 4 users are stuck since 10 months now, with no help. They should be ashamed for even touching iOS 5 now because there priority should be unlock for iPhone 4 baseband 2.10, 3.10, 4.10 and 5.16 for iPhone 3GS. Once they help out the people who are stuck with these devices since last year, they can come up to do work of this year, but no these guys have so much ego. Musclenerd had to tweet about the success of JB because he wanted to be the *first* to jailbreak iOS5. If they cared they could have tried unlock and if not possible simply conveyed to the people, so those stuck could either sell their phone or throw/donate it. But sadly dev team has now become a bunch of ego centric kids, whose ego comes at the forefront, ahead of the trust bestowed upon them by their fans.
  • wayne106
    wayne106 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    +1. ungrateful S.O.Bs.
  • deano
    via Wordpress
    fas you are so so rightyou write what i think...lol
  • deano
    via Wordpress
    and what did Musclenerd really do????he used limera1n to jailbreak by geohotits a terthered jbhe did nothing ive just used redsnow to jb ios 5 tethered myself ...omg im a dev now lol i will release it when ios 78,000,000,00 comes out because its a cat and mouse game i will go on twitter and tell the world ive used geohots work to jb ios 5 but got to wait 4 ionic to do the untether for me ....lolMusclenerd you suck, less time pumping and more time hackingi think dev team is finished they have done nothing since ios 3 i think i might be wrong cus comex and geohot did 3.12.3.13 so really it could be ios 2 think about it people these people have done nowt themselves
  • Xcao01
    Xcao01 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It's a bootrom exploit so apple cant patch it with software... If you have the bootrom, you'll be able to jailbreak, if you dont, you won't. Nothing apple can do about this exploit.
  • Zang
    Zang Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Meh, I unlocked an iPhone 4 yesterday with software... don't know what your all complaining about...Don't patronize MuscleNerd or the like... it is NOT easy to unlock... Trust me on that one... When they release their unlock, you all will be happy, but hey... it's when THEY release as personally, your all fucking ungrateful idiots.... May be waiting, but hey take others advise and do yourself! See how hard it is, and either win like me or cry like a baby and damn well wait!Nice to know iOS 5 is tethered for now at least... Means I think old 3GS untethered then too ;)
  • Zang
    via Wordpress
    You do realize that they patched the limera1n jailbreak exploit right? You do realize that there were two exploits, one developed by devteam and other by geohot right? You can't seriously think there was only one exploit... That is just ignorant...
  • deano
    via Wordpress
    You do realize that there were two exploits,your wrong noobieshatter was closed by apple, and they aint patched up limera1n as you sayyour just full of **** and please if you dont know what your talking about dont post
  • deano
    via Wordpress
    You do realize that there were two exploitsthere using limera1n because you aint got ****
  • Zang
    via Wordpress
    I do this for a living idiot :) Don't you remember that geohot released his exploit FIRST then that made them not release shatter? Or you forget that part? Then after that was closed they released shatter :)Don't worry, your forgiven ;) I'm not insensitive and touchy about trying to prove something that is wrong like you... :P
  • Zang
    via Wordpress
    Or should rather say, they both updated their tools... Don't pretend they don't ever use each others items... They do, if it works they will implement without giving away another exploit for apple to try close... Or you think they are arrogant like you?