iOS 5 On iPhone 3GS - How Well Does It Run? Which Features Are Not Supported?

2»

Comments

• Kery
    Kery Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Using iOS 5 on 3gs.From my view, it has slightly lag when scrolling the icons compared that 4.3.x. Maybe due to the winterboard themes which is not very compatible yet with iOS 5 . The battery drained like 20% more compare than 4.3.x. The battery may drained more when using heavy apps such as 3D games. So i just plug my 3gs into my lappy when playing games.Same concept as "old brain computer" with the "new implementation"..i figured out the memory used was more than before. So i try turn off any fetch or push app that i was thinking im not using it so much. Memory Cleaner Apps - "Cleaner" works charm when i felt my phone having lagging.App running very well, also when opening apps, no lag..2 things in my mind : 1. Downgrade back to 4.3.3 for untethered and wait another 1 or 2 month to upgrade into iOS 5 again (maybe at this time apple will come out with updates)2. Just use this iOS 5, and trying to keep myself up to date with the iOS 5 including the apps.Thats all =)
  • Danielle
    Danielle Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I just updated my iPhone 3 and now none of my apps work!!! Help!!!
  • Anne
    Anne Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I've just upgraded and my 3GS is still working perfectly. The only feature that doesn't seem to work is the camera app on the lock screen-it's not there. The photo editing features work though.
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Yup! I noticed that my phone lags after flashing with ios 5. That's when I started searching for a confirmation. Alas! It's true..After I saw all the posts before me. Sad!
  • Gary
    Gary Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    HELP!!! Updated my 3GS to the 5.0 and lost my calender and it won't let me sync!!! Gives my an "over" error on my memory. What is this "other" that's jamming me up??? Help plz!!!
  • Naresh
    Naresh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    but bro ios 5 runing in 3gs but its untethered ya tethered ???????????
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    5 sucks on 3gs, slows everything down. I have a 25mb FiOS wifi connection and all the apps are slow everytime I open them. Not happy. Anyway to go back to 4.?
  • Todd
    Todd Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Just got pinged for iOS5.01 update.see if it helps
  • Maureen
    Maureen Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Has anyone noticed that their camera takes really blurry photos when zoomed after upgrading to OS5 on iphone 3GS? Any solutions???
  • Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress
    Exact same problem here. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Sue
    Sue Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    My camera takes really blurry photos - zoomed or not. HELP!
  • psyhunterson
    psyhunterson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    my 3Gs runs terribly on iOS 5. whenever i open contacts, it gets 4 seconds (!) to open a contact's information! Plus, the magnifying glass it opens when you correct while typing, it's really slow! Another of my issues is the cover flow performance in music. The motion isn't fluid anymore. It's jerky. Battery drain problem another issue. I went to new performance report field in settings and saw that everyday I have incidents of "memory full" reports. I have turned off calendar settings and ALL iCloud options but the memory problem remains. The worst problem is that of my contacts. When I really need to choose a contact's number, the 4 seconds to open it feels like an eternity of frustration!
  • Jonathan
    Jonathan Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    My iPhone 3GS is working amazing with ios 5.0.1 it's amazing no problems what so ever.
  • Krista
    Krista Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    My 3Gs has gotten slower and slower since I updated to iOS 5!!! It's getting so bad that I wish I could downgrade to 3.whatever. I don't use icloud, I have only a couple of apps using location services, I regularly shut down apps running in the background, but it's still ridiculously slow. It takes 2 or 3 seconds when I go into Safari before the page shows up. It takes a few seconds when I go into music before I can back out into my list of playlists. when I unlock and type in my passcode, I usually type in the whole thing until the keyboard clicks click on top of each other and catch up. It lags while I'm playing games, while I'm typing text messages... and my apps are crashing all the time. It's so obnoxious.
  • Jest
    Jest Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If ur jailbroken have every app in ur quick slide and don't remove them, and use sbsettings to free memory and respring and free memory again. This works for me when thing grind to a halt.