Apple Hires Comex - iPhone Hacker Behind Popular Jailbreak Tools Like JailbreakMe, Spirit As An Inte

Options

Comments

• Yo-daddy67
    Yo-daddy67 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    George you beat me to it in telling Michael lol
  • zoxxx
    zoxxx Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options
    And what did you think ?I am sure that the whole jailbrek thing is apple designed plan 2 attract other open minds buyers.Its all about money baby nothing personal :)
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I think that's great for both sides!! It will give comex an insight into how and why Apple do the things they do and for apple they have gained a very very bright individual, congratulations to Comex!!
  • Van Du
    Van Du Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Nice! We have a mole :) The guy will be even closer to Apple's security holes. Ever watched Infernal Affairs?
  • Boogaloo
    Boogaloo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When I was in college I had an internship that paid, and it paid well, compared to my classmates still working at target and walmart. So don't think that just because it's labeled internship, that no pay comes with it.
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I think apple should hire more jailbreakers and find out there's a reason that people jailbreak their phones. Do like android and preload it as an unlocked core. Then we'll really see what this phone can do. I cant understand y it lets you use windows on its macs but u only get one choice of a app installer on its i devices. Apple will soon learn that it can't be the curve of the revolution.
  • Jason
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Does apple actually **PAY** interns?
  • Jason
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've been to ... a few internships. Some paid others did not. The fact is you still aren't paid what you deserve because your still just a potential employee. Not only do MOST companies limit the salary but also the security access of most interns. Due to obvious "trojan" potential, i doubt apple will give him real access to security tools until he has proven himself a non jailbreaker in their eyes. I'm not bashing or correcting anyone. Just voicing my opinion, which in fact good be right or wrong in all aspects.
  • hhhh
    hhhh Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    what world r u talking about? don't forget that he's gone work for apple not for U.N. and why are we forgetting that if someone change the apple its not gone change the world. much of the world don't even know apple and don't give a damn to the changes in the apple.
  • D Money
    D Money Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    @Van Du-- Finally somebody gets it! Good job!All the bitchin and whining about whether or not Comex is getting paid should be secondary to all the hi-5s we should be giving him for getting a foot in thedoor! The dude is a genius, obviously, and he'll have agreat career in the field I'm sure. But for now, we shouldstill see some exploits and other stuff revealed. You'veheard the adage: Keep your friends close, and yourenemies closer, right? That's what both Apple and Comexare doing. Should be interesting.. where's the popcorn?P.S. Thoughts and prayers to the folks in the path of Irene
  • Macsimos
    Macsimos Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hopefully we still get jailbreaks from Comex or maybe he'll pass on some info. to the iPhone Dev Team under the table. Hopefully someone will continue to help us all out with jailbreaks and unlocking. Now for those of saying internships don't pay do some research; there are some that don't and some that do. I doubt Comex would be working with Apple for free.
  • SirGigalot
    SirGigalot Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    oh look, I'm speaking again. The bottom line is money, it has nothing to do with this kids talent. Apple looks at it this way; good PR, bad PR. Hire the kid as an intern, make him sign a confidentiality agreement, bury him in the company doing some menial work until he proves himself, gets fired, or quits. If he does the latter 2, then he's screwed cause he can't work for a competitor, and he can't go back to jailbreaking cause he'll get sued. Either way Apple wins, take down a jailbreaker, and look good doing it.
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Options
    umm it depends what profession you are in. Engineering/CS interns almost always get paid. The avg Electrical Engineer/CS intern here in Cali gets paid $18-$25 an hour. My friend who worked for a certain huge company close to Apple got paid 70k/year! as a intern!
  • Gustavo
    Gustavo Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I´ve seen a lot of crap in this board, all negative comments are pure envy, let the guy alone, he works hardly for a well paid job in the best tech co. of the whole world, apple is "THEE" Company, i say good for him, my best wishes for this 19 y.o. lucky asshole...good job boy, go ahead you have a great future in APPLE.
  • dee8282
    dee8282 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    just another way for apple to stay one up on the cat and mouse game,great strategy.if u cant beat them hire them!!
  • DAKPluto
    DAKPluto Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Options
    haha....so many people got had.
  • Wite Boy
    Wite Boy Posts: 77
    via Wordpress
    Options
    so is apple going to sue Samsung from hiring the main person from CM7 before they got to hire comex?
  • Crow
    Crow Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Bored!?!? There's still all those basebands that need cracking.
  • slyc3r
    slyc3r Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    *sigh*... well we still have Geohot...
  • me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I dont get it! An internship is a work-related learning experience for individuals who wish to develop hands on work experience in a certain occupational field. What is he studying at the university? Is he really getting any pay? or a position in Apple? confusing!
  • Andy_TW
    Andy_TW Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    good job for DevTeam!! finally sent a double agent into cat's nest.
  • Dumb Fs
    Dumb Fs Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Intern position is not a good deal for him. Should be security officer at minimum. Don't blame the kid if it's a good deal he would be a fool not to take it
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    Options
    if you can't beat them eat them.... ;-)
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    Options
    confidentialty agreements are only limited. I forget how long exactly I know its less than 5 years, it may be as little as 2 though.
  • its all over
    its all over Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    jailbreaking is overgeohot..gone working for facebook ( limera1n )comex...gone working for apple ( jailbreakme )we have musclenerd lefted.......... we are screwed this guy as done nothing since ver 2 ionic............. he cant do anything its overfactand some might say chronic dev with greenpoison there also finishedim sad to say its overapple won
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So, now we should kiss iPad 2 jailbreak goodbye forever, as Comex was the only one who managed to hack it even if it was for a short while on iOS 4.3.3, and this means I am not going to buy iPad 2 at all. I will stick with my first iPad.
  • Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Actually i think that there's the possibility of musclenerd out too, since he was seen at Apple HQ yesterday...Of course, maybe he just went to vidit the Cupertino boys, or maybe he did get hired...Ehh who knows
  • Mazolo
    Mazolo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Let's have Comex somehow sneak the Cydia app into iOS. I believe we all have a challenge to acquire some hacking skill so we can break ourselves out of the jail, who knows we might end up with lucrative jobs at Apple.
  • matt spugnardi
    matt spugnardi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ya so this is retarted jailbreaking has been making more people buy apple products so they should let us jailbreak it has been helping them so we need to talk to aplle about what jailbreaking has been helpful to apple. this kid is smart he should do what he is doing and us people should figure out how to hack and make jailbreak stuff and make it even better
  • matt spugnardi
    matt spugnardi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    we should sneak the jailbreak in to ios and i no how to hack into the ios but dont know what to put in to make cydia really hard so i really need help on doing this plese help me it well be help full and i am only a jounior in high school thts pretty good for me