Official 1.1.3 Upgrader: Automatic Graphical Method for Upgrading to a Jailbroken iPhone Firmware v1

2»

Comments

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

I can't confirm, but I think the locking issue occurs if you do not select the activation hack option when doing the update, the first time I updated I did not select this option and I installed an app and my phone locked, the second time I updated I selected the hactivation option and I was able to install apps OK

HTH

JD

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Guys,

Breaking News:
    iPhone Dev team has released an updated version of Official 1.1.3 Upgrader, get all the details from here:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/01/jailbreak.html

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• taziam
    taziam Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Ok so who's gona hack or fix the fact we cant blue tooth transfer ring tones music or files? and why didn't Steve jobs include voice dial and computer or printer support why do they say its a smart phone if it cant be smart and link with all my toys???
    any one got the web link to download open ssh to my iphone its not on there for some reason???

• Elliott Sloan
    Elliott Sloan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi i have just run the 'oficial 1.1.3 upgrader' from installer and my iphone is now totally messed up just has a sign saying to connect it to itunes!! i am a total newbe to all this could someone please help me get it back to a working state! thanks all

• Elliott Sloan
    Elliott Sloan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi i have just run the 'oficial 1.1.3 upgrader' from installer and my iphone is now totally messed up just has a sign saying to connect it to itunes!! i am a total newbe to all this could someone please help me get it back to a working state! thanks all

• TheDudeMan
    TheDudeMan Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I tried this today and clicked do not "Hacktivate" and "do not restore" and after an hour of working it showed me the plug into itunes screen and itunes made me restore to the default 1.1.3. Now i have a 1.1.3 iphone with no hacks whatsoever, and am rather pissed. I don't know if what i got was a rare ocasion, but i advise people not to try this unless they are willing to lose all their phone numbers, music, and the work they put into customizing their iPhone.

• Helper .app
    Helper .app Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

For those getting the error of service Same thing happened to me and what you guys need to do is to reboot your IPhone several times, also running independence may help.

• marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress

I've used the "official upgrader" twice, and both times it's left me in a "There is a problem with your iPhone" state. It's been a royal pain downgrading to 1.1.1 and then up to 1.1.2 with jailbreaks (iTunes was very uncooperative taking me hours just to get back to 1.1.1 while fearing that I owned a new brick). The "official upgrader" has totally ruined my day and I'm grateful that I'm now back at 1.1.2 (albeit with lost and unrecoverable files) before I decided to move to 1.1.3.

• antidis
    antidis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey guys, i had the "your iphone may be damaged" screen too.

do not fear, your iphone is perfectly fine, and if you follow this guide
    http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29358&highlight=damaged+iphone

everything will be AWESOME. i am now running jailbroken 1.1.3

PS, YOU MUST BE A LEGAL AT&T CUSTO for this to work right.

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

every time i try to downgrade to 1.1.1 and do the , i get an error message sayin my sim is locked i need a sim pin and/or a valid sim. i never locked my pin and i jailbroke my phone when i had 1.1.2. this all happen when i try to do the jailbreak/upgrade the 1.1.3

Please help

• Swap
    Swap Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I upgraded to 1.1.3 from a jailbroken phone using the dev teems official update and everything worked fine. I am using isim to unlock the phone

• Tristan
    Tristan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

ok so I had the message of death. I followed the instructions to get into recovery and restore. At the end of the process after it extracts the 1.1.3 update from itunes I am getting an error and cant get past this. I'm just loving the new paper weight.