iPhone Dev Team Release Instructions to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.3

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Dev Team Release Instructions to JailBreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.3

If you were skeptical about using Natetrue's method to jailbreak iPhone firmware v1.1.3 and waiting for the ever so dependable iPhone Dev Team then the wait is over as the iPhone Dev Team have just released their method to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware v1.1.3. The iPhone Dev Team's method unlike the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• shane blyth
    shane blyth Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Hmmmmm
    yeah well for people like me I have a few questions.
    Is there some real step by step instructions for this that a newbie can follow. The instructions above don't tell me how do do some of these things.
    For example how do I backup my phone to itunes? Is that just syncing all my data ?

I'll quote what was written as it makes no sense how do actually do this. How do u copy files for instance.

"Copy the all the files that have been extracted to / on your iPhone/iPod Touch So you will have /update-prebinding-path.txt and so on.
    Use this command to copy the files: scp -r ./* root@YOURIPHONEIPADDRESS:/.
    Run the install.sh script on your iPhone sh install.sh."

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Shane,

You might find these tutorials useful, found the links over at Hackint0sh:

Installer:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=611
    Windows:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=610
    Mac:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=609

Let us know if they helped.

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• shane blyth
    via Wordpress

cheers, yes that is great thanks, I get it now. Makes sense whats going on.

• Rojan Gh.
    Rojan Gh. Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have a unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone (I used anySIM), does this method lock my phone again?
    Also:
    Does installer download the whole 1.1.3 firmware to the iPhone? I have a dial up internet connection and the size of download is so important to me!
    Could you tell me the size of the file, installer is going to download?

• Zafar
    Zafar Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Nate's method is Whayyyyyyyyy simple than this. I don't understand why ppl would have any second thoughts about using that method. I have since performed it on almost 6 different iPhones and it has worked great. I even wrote a simple script that will fix a few issues I faced - like improper un-installation of Dock and OpenSSH.

• shane blyth
    via Wordpress

we dont use Nates because of the majority of people have had major hassles with it and it is also known that it breaks certain apps like the maps and others so it is not worth the risk. Just read all the comments on his blog it is a mess.

• shane blyth
    via Wordpress

yeah i forgot Nates breaks Nikita so the SDK stuff coming wont work amongst other things

• Dutch
    Dutch Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I still have v1.0.2

Can someone post links and info on how I can proceed? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

• Kostaiki
    Kostaiki Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I would also like to know if the network will still stay unlocked with a different carrier after using anysim or unlocked with iphonesimfree on earlier versions?

• CerealKiller
    CerealKiller Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I accidently updated to 1.1.3 thinking I could jailbreak with the other method (which did not work at all!) and now every time I try to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 using the itunes restore option-click choose firmware, it say extracting software and then say unknown error occurred, then puts my phone into a recovery mode in which I have to restore to 1.1.3 or use independence to free. Please Help!

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

Also, I have the older bootloader (Bought the phone with 1.0 on it the day it came out) and Have hacked every other version without a problem. Using an iMac with iTunes 7.6 (<--Which might be the problem) Thanks!

• LiNTEK
    LiNTEK Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

whaaa... I think someone has to post a more detailed instructions....

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

anyone that accidentally updated to 1.1.3 and cannot roll back, check here http://jb113guide.blogspot.com/ for step by step downgrade and 1.1.3 jailbreak!

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

^^^^ This is for PC, us Mac users are SOL in this situation! I am still stuck on 1.1.3 unable to downgrade due to an unknown error.

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

Upgrade worked fine here including mail passwords etc, but I am left with 212 MB of 'other' after the upgrade, is this a file I can delete?

JD

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

well I guess everyone has their opinion but as a network tech I will say nates method is much more easier and faster for someone without much knowledge of these things and I have also done it on about 13 iPhones now and the all work perfect. The only problem I had on mine was t-zone hack works but won't play preview on itunes. I upgraded some from 1.1.1 as well as 1.1.2. Just do what you think is better for you but if you ask me im ok with nates cus all you have to do really is run the new ibrickr and the rest is just click click click. Good luck.
    forget to mention this I have 4 scrolling screen all installed from installer and works great as well as all the new functions in the 1.1.3 but note programs written specifically for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 won't work on 1.1.3

• Blue
    Blue Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

Does this method also update the radio firmware, so that Google's "Find Me" (GPS) will work?

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

This method doesn't update the radio firmware. To do that you need to do the 1.1.3 thru iTunes, downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, update path.

BUT, there is a pretty simple workaround. Use Installer.app to get the Locate Me application. Install it. Run it one time to get your location. After that, Google Maps locate me feature works just fine. Apparently it kick starts the radio or something like that. You'll need to leave the 3rd Party Locate Me installed, though, as the workaround only lasts for as long as the iPhone is not fully powered down (sleep is okay) or rebooted for some reason.

I can live with that for the time being.

It would be really cool if someone like BigBoss who makes so many fine hacks for the iPhone added a toggle into his pref pane that kick started the radio in whatever method Locate Me does.

• JesusM
    JesusM Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi everyone...

I need help on going up the path from 1.0.2 as well. Will all third party apps work on the new version hack?

Thanks!

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

ok i had my jailbroken iphone version 1.1.1 and then i tried the new jailbreak to 1.1.3 and all hell broke loose now my iphone is stuck in recovery mode with the itunes icon and a cable picture and it wont even restore from itunes i get error 1604 that itunes cannot restore the phone
    Help please

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

I am going to wait either until SDK or someone that creates an EASY method to this, the blog above is only for PC and I have a Mac, Thanks for the work so far!

• PJ
    PJ Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

I have successfully jailbreaked my phone on 1.1.3 but now none of my 3rd party Apps are showing up and in installer it shows they are all installed. I have tried uninstalling them and then reinstalling but only three icons showed up. When I go to install an App it downloads then kicks me right back into the home screen. How can I fix this?

• Cheer5747
    Cheer5747 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Jim, I have mac too. You can download transmit program and transfer all these files (select all and move them into / on the iphone) using its fancy GUI. Make sure you got openssh installed on your iphone. Then open up a terminal browser and issue ssh root@10.0.1.4 (provided that 10.0.1.4 is your wireless ip on iphone). Once you are in iphone, cd into / by issuing cd / and vola issue ./install.sh and it will do the trick. I have successfully applied it on my jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone. Thanks for the work!

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

like I mentioned earlier the dev jailbreak is a bit difficult I will recommend you use nates if you are not good at these things. Another thing that it think will help alot of people is, I will recommend you restoring your phone to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 without any app before doing the 1.1.3. I can't explain what it is but I have experimented with a couple of phone and figured its quick and work perfect from a fresh state than having all your apps on. Also for the people that keep getting the iTunes upgrade or restore error after the failed 1.1.3 upgrade run the old ibrickr after putting the iPhone in dfu mode. Note: ibrickr will not do the mode for you so hold home and power button till screen is blank and let go the power button while still holding on the home button all this time iPhone plug into your computer, you will see your computer saying it has found an iPhone in dfu now run the old ibrickr 0.9 version I think if necessary and follow the instruction to install 1.1.1 and everything will be fine. This is my e- mail if you want help laurnzo@aol.com. Hope this helps

• Spurlock
    Spurlock Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I cant use installer on a 1.1.1 downgrade this suks

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

The problem is that I have a Mac and iBrickr isn't for mac, also, Right when i try to downgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 I get an unknown error right after the extract. Any opinions?

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

The blog above is for MAC and PC! I've used it with both. Thats why the blog uses cyberduck (a MAC only program) I had to find an alternative for windows and found the best to be WinSCP. My 'Find Me' still works and strangely is a lot more accurate after this jailbreak!

• Vincent
    Vincent Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Hi everyone. Does this work with unlocked iphone (version 1.0.2)? If not, what should I do to upgrade to v1.1.3? Thanks alot.

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

Works with the unlock and doesn't lock the phone again, since it is only a soft upgrade.

• meow66meow
    meow66meow Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Okay... I have a iPhone that came with 1.1.2 pre-installed. It has the baseband that came with 1.1.2. I have NOT unlocked it. I downgraded the firmware to 1.0.2 and jailbroke and activated (without AT&T) it. So now I can use all functions except phone and SMS. Will I be able to upgrade to 1.1.3 with this method??? Or does it just work for phones with 1.1.2 installed? I would really like to upgrade away from 1.0.2. Thanks!