iPhone 5 With A Tapered "Teardrop" Design - Don't Count On It

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 5 With A Tapered "Teardrop" Design - Don't Count On It

So far we’ve heard conflicting reports about next generation iPhone’s form factor. According to some reports, next generation iPhone will be completely redesigned and will look more like iPod Touch 4G rather than iPhone 4.

While, some reports claim that fifth generation iPhone will come with improved specifications such as faster processor, 8-megapixel camera etc. just like iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS, but won’t feature an all-new design and will look like iPhone 4.

Read the full story here

Comments

• lol
    lol Posts: 79
    via Wordpress
    Disagree to be honest all mentioned points re the teardrop design are rendered invalid due to there already being an ipod touch with a teardrop design. I guess the iphone will be thicker again, but that doesn't mean all the weight will go onto the one thicker side.
  • fourtwentybuddy
    fourtwentybuddy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Which iPod touch has a teardrop design? My 2/3 and 4th gen don't appear to be teardropped..
  • Joao Reis
    Joao Reis Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    If its the same design i wont buy it, ill wait for iphone5 i dont want a 4S. Well 1 more year waiting, no problemo.
  • DAKPluto
    DAKPluto Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Rounded =/= teardrop Lol
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    All the speculations are funny. It must be nice to get paid to speculate. I bet over have the readers here would be rich if they got paid too.LOL!!!
  • KR
    KR Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    I hope it stay's square edged, with my large hands and fat finger my 3gs liked to pop out of my hand with the rounded edge
  • Dado sutra
    Dado sutra Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Samsung galaxy sII here I come
  • iDroid7
    iDroid7 Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    I agree, will not have tear drop design. But it's best to wait and see what will be unveiled. Personally I want 64gigs and bigger screen. However as for the latter 4 inch screen will make the phone wider and will thus cause redesigning of 3rd party docking stations, because wider phones would not fit.
  • Isaac
    Isaac Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    It's pure speculation I'm not believing nothing till it comes from the horses mouth because why would apple just wanna release one dam phone that has minor upgrades it don't make since to delay for over a year for a minor tweaked iPhone
  • iRSX
    iRSX Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    What happened to the 8-ball answer to the last question?Anyway, I always doubted the teardrop design. I think it'll be tapered and thinner though.
  • mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress
    Those rumors are not conflict. i4S has been designed at least end of last year for last June. And, i5 has designed at least early of this year for June 2012.It takes a year for making a completely new design. To announce the new design for 2012, apple should have started the new design already.Only, question is they will skip the old design. But, from the couple of news, Apple may release i4S in this year. Low-end i4 with 8GB, Hign-end i4s 16/32/64gb
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Thanks for pointing it out, we seem to have missed it. We've updated the post with it.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    The fact that this guy gets press for pure "speculation" is rediculous.I speculate that the next iPhone will be black, because they always start black. I further speculate that it will take several months unto a year before a white model is released based on past releases. Can someone publish this and pay me please?
  • Hackphone
    Hackphone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    All iPhone 5 Rumors From Day One Put Together In An Infographichttp://www.hackphone.co.il/singlepost-id-3636.htm
  • Bullfrog
    Bullfrog Posts: 44
    via Wordpress
  • Bill C
    Bill C Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I don't think the change will be that drastic
  • me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress
    Um... there's no iPod touch with a teardrop design. Just sayin'
  • Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress
    go on then, f@*k off!!!
  • Pineapple
    Pineapple Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Regardlessly... I'm waiting for pwnapple. Sweet :-)
  • mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Honestly I never really liked the "teardrop" concept an still believe that the iPhone 4's design is superb. Now I am open to change. If the i5 looks like the itouch 4 design but a glass back not aluminum, I certainly buy it :)
  • Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    Because you don't care about specs or capabilities, only about looks?!
  • Joao Reis
    Joao Reis Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Im expecting a new look yes, i dont like the feel in hand of the iphone4, its not cosmetic when its the design thats is in question here.1 year with just a spec jump, it would be very poor for the phone sales.
  • ItsyourBoy
    ItsyourBoy Posts: 83
    via Wordpress
    Check out xsellize.com they have a report about the new iPhone just being a iPhone an iPhone 4s with minor upgrades camerah and ram basically o and a5 chip it's in the new iTunes beta this sucks ass I was hopeing for a whole new design and a four inch screen apple keeps spoon feeding technology I'm about to switch to an evo or something this is bullshit it's like 3G to 3GS what's the f**ing point if apple keeps this bullshit up their gonna get left behind they could have at least threw in the 4g lte or something
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    He makes a lot of good points I think.I liked the nano look mock up the best and hope it's something totally new that no one has thourght of and then over the nest year samsung
  • ItsyourBoy
    via Wordpress
    I hope no one buys it if this is true thierry gonna keep doing this if they make their sales we gotta make em work for it they must feel like they can put n e thing out and people will buy it
  • Kiwiholden
    via Wordpress
    Etc. Would start making devices that look the same
  • Kiwiholden
    via Wordpress
    Wat are you talking about "left behind" they sell as many iPhones as they can make all they need to do is make some small upgrade and ppl will line up for days.Let's face it apple has a hold over us
  • Dth
    Dth Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Just the sales in China will be enough. They will sell here too,in the millions no matter what. The iPhone 4 is still the biggest selling phone. Better specs and killer OS spells huge sales once again.
  • ItsyourBoy
    via Wordpress
    I say that kuz look at phones like the htc evo which has everything the iPhone had with extras like an open platform 4.5 inch screen interactive wallpaper 4g Internet fully customizable and the list goes on and on the only thing android doesn't have yet are as much developers to make apps but eventually that will catch up and that's when apple will get left behind because people will convert other phone companies give the people what they want and apple needs to start doing the same
  • Shalashaska
    Shalashaska Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Please .... i beg you... all iphone users know how supperior iphones are to ALL android phones...and stop comparing and warning us that ull switch over...its pretty simple... there are only a few reasons y you would choose an android over an iphone1- you dont have the money for an iphone 2- you have an iphone but barely use it as you should.3- you have never compared the difference in reliability/performance/responsiveness between iphone and android. 4- you are the type of person still thinking the more megapixels the better hence you are hardware oriented. the iphone 4 despite having a smaller processor to the SII is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY faster and way more dynamic in terms of applications...5-you detest the iphone and appleI think a jailbroken iphone is even better than most laptops in terms of everyday use..anyone thinking of jumping the android wagon is free to do so as we are all titled to choices.