AT&T Vs. Sprint Vs. Verizon: Which Is The Best Carrier For iPhone 4S?

Options
2»

Comments

• Jami
    Jami Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I need help and hope to God that someone reads this. First, I'm not a tech person. Just a grandmother looking for direction. I've had AT&T for years. It is a business plan with 7 cell phones on it. I can't get internet where I live. Not so much that I live in a rural area (I'm 15 min from State Capital) but I live on the back of 40 acreas of woods. So I find out about AT&T hotspot and I give up my unlimited minutes for it. (Their requirement). I upgraded which allows me 5g however I go over the amount every month which then means I pay $10 for every G. Last night I went to Sprint because of the unlimited data. They said that I had to buy a new Iphone 4 because the way the phones are configured are different. Also, could not keep my number because it was a "business plan". I figured it would still be cheaper to have the unlimted with a new phone to use strickly for the home computer and also keep my AT&T phone. However, when I got home and started to use the new sprint phone, downloading on the internet took twice as long as it did for my AT&T hotspot. Is this normal? I have 14 days to take my sprint phone back and cancel contract. PLease reply. Thanks. Jami
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hey Jami, It depends on the coverage in your area. Based on various speed tests, Sprint is considered the slowest among the three carriers (AT&T, Verizon and Sprint). However, as mentioned earlier it also depends on the coverage in your area and depends on your priorities as we've mentioned in this post.You can check out this post, which provides 3G cellular data speed comparison across the three carriers:http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/10/iphone-4s-3g-speed-test-att-vs-sprint-vs-verizon.html
  • gwen girl
    gwen girl Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I really appreciate how NO ONE gets all the facts straight about the Sprint plans. The 69.99 data plan with 450 minutes.....Well those are for landlines, Mon-Fri 7am -7pm. Nights, weekends and mobile minutes are all unlimited. So with a $10.00 data surcharge, you are looking at 79.99 a month, with unlimited data, that never slows down. I also want to point out that the iphone may be the top seller, but it's not a top performer in many areas. In fact, I'd estimate that about 30% of Android users that switch to Iphone, return the phone within the first two weeks and go back to Android. It's hard to give up the Android options and apps, which in most cases are free. Not all Android phones are equal though. Some of the less expensive models just end up killing the brand's rep.Just one wireless consultant's opinion........ BTW, I chose Sprint as a customer before I chose them as an employer. I'm looking at BIG things to come by the end of 2013 for SPRINT. In fact, I am putting my money on it!
  • gwen girl
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You might solve all your problems by purchasing a cell phone antenna/amplifier.If you are in an area that is say 3 bar coverage for Sprint, a cell phone antenna/amplifier like the Zboost, can take you up to the 5 bars. Because 3g runs off the same tower that your cell signal does, 3 bars is fine for a phone call, but really slow for streaming data.I would check the coverage map and also see if you have 4g coverage in your area. Although iphone does not work on 4g, many Android devices do, and they typically have better internal antennas in them. Also the speed from 3g to 4g is much faster, even with less signal strength.Look to 3g becoming antiquated in the future, or more for the most basic of internet tasks. I see it becoming like dial up used to be. Just not able to keep up with the demands of mobile users.I hope that helps. Keep in mind that whatever you do, with the contract you are locked in for two years, so act fast while you still have time in your 14 day return period.I do believe Sprint provides the best value in wireless, and in the coming months, you will see the LTE network dominate for Sprint.
  • gwen girl
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I own the same phone, and I love it. Sounds like you have a defective model. With or without insurance, you are covered under Samsung's 1 year warranty. Visit samsung.com and check your options. I have had good experiences with Samsung, and in fact I bought the surround sound, home theater and HD TV from them too! Love them all!
  • gwen girl
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You are informed Sir, and I acknowledge and appreciate it!
  • myles Harold
    myles Harold Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Umm sir your a little off T-mobile is the worst carrier and they cannot afford the iphone rmobile has been the worst of the 4 carriers for a long time they suck
  • garrett
    garrett Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I purchased the iPhone 4 on Verizon the first week it was launched. I then returned it with all the hype for the HTC Thunderbolt. After getting the thunderbolt, 4G wasn't even in my area at all but I still loved the phone for the big screen and whenever I traveled, 4G was EXTREMELY fast!! Then, I was locked in. I started experiencing glitches with it and, since I had insurance, I filed a claim and received a new device for free after trading in the defective one. 2 months went by with mnimal glitches (although many apps force-closed all the time, it's Android) and it stopped working. So, I filed another claim for $99 since there was a few scratches on the phone and that was considered my fault. I understood and when I got the new phone, I sold it on eBay for $400 (which I would have never paid for that myself) and I used that to buy a like-new condition iPhone 4. So, since October, I've had my iPhone 4 and it's still working smooth! I almost upgraded in February to the iPhone 4S since when I got my thunderbolt, Verizon still had 1-year contracts but I was told that I would have to sign a 2-year contract. Since the new iPhone (probably iPhone 5) could be coming out this summer or this fall, and will HOPEFULLY have 4G LTE and Siri, I am choosing to wait it out. Sure, my iPhone 4 freezes up everyone in a while for a few seconds but it's really a 2010 phone with an 800 mHz processor so what else do you expect?! I do love having Verizon though considering I've never had a dropped call (like the other carriers, mostly AT&T and sometimes Sprint) and I live out in the middle of nowhere! I've also only seen my iPhone go off of 3G once for like 3 seconds and it said "Extended" in the status bar so I was roaming on Sprint for some reason. While traveling with the family all across Florida and Georgia, I'm proud to say that my phone has never lost service unlike my family who's all split-up with the carriers (some with Sprint and AT&T) and my mom and I have Verizon (we all have iPhones too). I'm proud to be with Verizon and I plan to be with them a VERY long time (hopefully prices don't go up, that's my only complaint)!
  • Rich
    Rich Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Have you considered NOT using your cell for Internet at home...For remote locations were you cannot get standard DLS or Cable modem, check into Satellite service such as Wildblue. If the link below doesn't make it... Google search Wildblue.http://www.wildblue.com/