Apple iPhone Firmware v1.1.3 is Official and is Now Available

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Apple iPhone Firmware v1.1.3 is Official and is Now Available

The much awaited Macworld 2008 keynote address has been delivered by Steve Jobs, and if you ask me one of the best things to be announced is the iPhone January update (aka iPhone Firmware v1.1.3). It was a year back when Steve Jobs had announced the revolutionary iPhone so probably...

Read the full story here

Comments

• cporre1
    cporre1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just got it. It really is the best firmware update to date and I really don't miss my native apps. I rarely used most of them anyway. Plus, I don;t think it will be long before we can jailbreak on the new firmware.

• Dj RaYz
    Dj RaYz Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

What about the m4a->m4r ringtone hack? I am about to upgrade to find out. If it still works, I'll let yall know.

• TjROCKSTAR
    TjROCKSTAR Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ready, Set, Start hacking....
    Who's going to hack the firmware update 1.1.3? Who is going to bring it to the masses to unlock the iphone, and allow for Customization, and Apps. installation?

This is the Challenge, the update is out! Go for it! First one to hack 1.1.3 and can share it wins the latest rounds of Bragging rights!!

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

I'd update, problem is that I need my iPhone jailbroken and unlocked to use it since I live in Canada. And 3rd party apps are cool, can't wasit for the video camera to come out. I'll just wait until we get an unlock on 1.1.3.

@ cporre1 does the ringtone hack still works???

• Dj RaYz
    Dj RaYz Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Ringtone "hack"/workaround still works!!! w00t!!!! m4a->m4r is still in place! All ringtones are still there and attached to my contacts. I've noticed that in Settings->General->Reset you can reset your dictionary, homepage, network settings, and phone. I love this update!!

• princessme
    princessme Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

can someone help me? im from the philippines. my iphone was already unlocked when my dad gave it to me.. i was able to use the different sims that works here.. my problem right now, is that, i accidentally downloaded a new version of iphone when i connected it to my computer, itunes prompted the download window and i think i pressed the enter button accidentally.. now,after downloading, it seems that my iphone, went back to its original settings..(i ddnt know that i was going to happen) that is, it didn’t recognize my sim anymore.. it also appeared on the screen that, i should insert an uncloked and a valid sim.. can someone help me?? im really depressed about this going on.. thank u so much.. i dunno wat to do.. what steps to take and all of that stuffs.. i heard that it’s too expensive to unlock the iphone, in shops around the city.. HELP ME !!!

• NEM
    NEM Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

cporre1 when you upgraded to 1.1.3 from a jailbroken 1.1.2 did you first restore and then upgrade? what gets erased when you restore? thanks,

-NEM

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I wonder if the SMS update also fixes lengthy text msg's issue?

I know that if you use the native Text app built-in to the iPhone and attempt to send a txt message that is over 160 characters, the recipient never gets the text message. I'm on AT&T and am dying for that to be a fix

I currently use the 3rd party app: SMSD that solved the mass text messaging prob, forwarding issue and the length messages.

Has anyone thats already updated to 1.1.3 noticed any changes in the forwarding issue and lengthy msgs issues?

• Alek
    Alek Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Just upgraded, seems that the only thing that carried on is the numeric battery and wifi signal that came with extended preferences, still fully functional, tap it and it'll change back to the image, tap again, back to numeric :-)

• NEM
    via Wordpress

Alek when upgrading did you first restore or did you just update? thanks

-NEM

• princessme
    princessme Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

guys, any feedbacks about my problem? i posted a while ago.. can anyone help me. please.. please please...:(

• Kush
    Kush Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

ok so any relief for people suffering with preloaded 1.1.2???i desperately want to unlock mine

• Kush
    Kush Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

princessme you first need to tell us your firmware version.without knowing that i doubt that anyone can help you out

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

Whats the procedure to upgrade jailbroken phones (but not sim unlocked)?

I'm running 1.1.1 which was jailbroken from jailbreakme.com. Should I restore to factory 1.1.1 first or just install the 1.1.3 update? I don't care about it being jailbroken anymore, I just don't want it to brick when upgrading since it's jailbroken right now.

Thanks.

• Bourne
    Bourne Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

I love this mouse and cat game. Also I like how theres always stupid people with cracked devices that update to new firmwares and then are wondering why they can't do what they could with their devices before they did the update and then they beg for people to release a jailbreak for the new firmware.

And @ people who are thinking about updating, it's totally not worth it, you can already do everything 1.1.3 does but better on 1.1.2 with 3rd party apps.

• meow66meow
    meow66meow Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

@ kush

YES!!! When are 'em iPhone hackers going to release methods to EASILY jailbreak, activate, and unlock (which there is no method available yet) a new 1.1.2 iPhone? I live in South Africa at the moment and need my phone unlocked. I downgraded to 1.0.2 (still with the new baseband, though) so I can use most of it's features and functions. But I would still like to upgrade to a newer version and be able to use the phone and SMS functions. =/ (btw, I can't use YouTube for some reason either)

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

does anyone know if i can change my wallpaper to a personal one after the update, sounds sad, but thats the only thing i'd miss on my 3rd party apps! Plus, maybe the louder volume thing, but to be honest, never really noticed a difference with it anyway! someone mentioned on here the other day that an unlock would be available as soon as the update came out, because of an exploit in bootloader 4.6

We have managed to find an exploit in the 4.6 bootloader which means that new 1.1.2 iPhones will be fully sim unlockable, but the bad is that we can only do this when iPhone software 1.1.3 is released (for technical reasons). This will be a simple, painless, one click install for our customers.

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

@ meow66meow

When you upgraded from a jailbroken 1.1.2 to a 1.1.3 do you just upgrade or do you first have to restore?

• jlc72179
    jlc72179 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Does anybody know how long before apple starts shipping OTB 1.1.3 weather online or retail store.
    Thanks

• Jesus M.
    Jesus M. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

YAWN....

Apple once again craps out with another firmware release. Hardly as vibrant a landscape as is should be considering they could EASILY allow consumers to do what WE want with our own phones. I'm still using 1.0.2 and loving it.

Boo to Apple, and YAY to 3rd party developers. If your app is cool, I always donate. Come on hackers lets make it easy to jailbreak these suckers!

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

I have just tried to update from jailbroken 1.1.2 to the new firmware and it came up with an error, telling me i had to restore. I am trying this now, in hope that it has not buggered my iphone, will post with final result

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

error 1604, won't even factory restore my iphone! Anyone else had this problem?

• NEM
    via Wordpress

Hey yall, i just updated my jailbroken 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 without any issues... i didnt restore, i just updated.
    let me know if yall have any questions.

-NEM

• Spaceman
    Spaceman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

As an engineer I always leaned toward DEC/VAX, Sun and PC systems. Never cared much for Macs because of the road blocks them seemed to always have over the years. I got an 6gig itouch for xmas and like it after I jailbroke it. I liked it enough to upgrade to the 16gig. Tried to jailbreak that yesterday and now have an elegant looking v1.1.3 mp3 player with limited internet capabilities that cost $400. If I keep it i can look forward to a cat & mouse game to allow it to have limited internet features that it should have. Or, I can buy a china mp3 for $30 to make me happy and wait for an open product with acceptable internet functions.

Apple doesn't get it, and didn't have much to offer this year at the vegas show. Their long-term plan for this devise is a toll road.

These devices are cheap now and have much improved interfaces. I'm taking this one back to. You guys are talented motivated programmers. Don't waste your time with apple. Direct your efforts toward a similar device with an open/PC based platform that will be able to benefit a larger number of people.

• meow66meow
    via Wordpress

@ DAN

I think you misunderstood me. I haven't upgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3. I downgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 in order to actually be able to my iPhone (well... everything except the call and SMS features). =) So... unfortunately I can't help you. But before you upgrade I would wait until more information about the new firmware is available. Good luck! =)

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

Ok, finally got iPhone working again! Wasn't the easiest thing in the world!!! Has anyone else with 1.1.3 noticed the auto correction feature has gone?

• meow66meow
    via Wordpress

@ fingers

What?!?! You mean the thing that automatically gives you suggestions on words while your typing? That would be bad... but I think I probably misunderstood you. =)

• Fingers
    via Wordpress

Yeah, the thing that suggests words, adds punctuation for you, gone! The option to turn it on/off isn't even in settings! I have managed to roll back to 1.1.2 and it works there, i am downloading a fresh copy of 1.1.3 to see if it works this time! Sure someone on here said you couldn't go back to 1.1.2, but i managed!

• Traxx
    Traxx Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

dunno if anyone else has noticed but in iTunes 7.6 with firmware1.1.3 you can now MANUALLY MANAGE MUSIC!!! Disk mode is on the way... WOOOOO!!!

• Gohans
    Gohans Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I went to the Apple store last night, and test the new firmware update and it performs good enough but i like my 3rd party apps too much to give them away =^)
    The new google location feature is great... i dont know for how long will i be able to hold my 1.1.2 iphone...
    i think i would just buy a new iphone and used it for testing the apple updates and keep my jailbroken for testing. ohhh the new sms feature is great but kinda of confusing.