AT&T's iPhone 4S Customers Complain Of Activation Issues

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T's iPhone 4S Customers Complain Of Activation Issues

It seems AT&T customers have been having problems with their iPhone 4S activation according to MacRumors. With the launch of the iPhone 4S today, AT&T's servers have been overloaded causing many unhappy users to go home with a phone that doesn't work.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Yup, my shiny new 4S took about an hour and a half to activate... that's pretty crazy.
  • ryne
    ryne Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    went through on first try with at&t
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    had the same problem, apple n at&t never seam to learn from their mistakes
  • teddy
    teddy Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    No issue from Bestbuy NY this morning
  • Artem C
    Artem C Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I activated my iphone 4s today around 5pm, didn't have any problems at all
  • iRock
    iRock Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    AT&T always having issues when it comes to the iPhone. I'm glad the iPhone is not locked down to AT&T anymore.
  • Karen
    Karen Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Had to finally connect to PC to get it activated. Now, Siri doesn't work!!!
  • juan
    juan Posts: 46
    via Wordpress
    I just switch sim cards.
  • Zach
    Zach Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    It works u just have to turn it on in the settings>general
  • Go Dux!
    Go Dux! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    No problem here. Just called the number that came with my phone when it was delivered to me at 10 this morning.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    No issues at all. Activated via wifi at home
  • purplemaize
    purplemaize Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    This is why is did not buy a new phone I just upgraded it. I will wait for the next model, and I will design it with my software. I have 3 companies that are interested in my ideas now.
  • Writing For Profit
    Writing For Profit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    I activated both of my new iphones within 5 minutes without any problems at 2pm PST.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    I activatied online, waited 2 hrs called AT&T waited on hold for 30 mins then they took 2 mins to activate it. Problem solved
  • rickyyyyyy
    rickyyyyyy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Activated wirelessly on 1st try. UPS delivered phone at 8pm pst tho, so probably missed the rush
  • Danny Kennedy
    Danny Kennedy Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    Had the same problem, apple n at&t never seam to learn from their mistakes iphone 4s 32gb
  • anders
    anders Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    I have a possible fix!! so this happened to me this morning, i was pissed! i went to at&t and they couldnt fix issue, i even wanted switch numbers and activate and wow that was so hard for them to do they told me to go home and try to activate "again" and wait three min.... I went home furious and I tried to activate with itunes, it failed... but then i read on itunes to...1-plug in iphone try to activate2- Fails to activate3- unplug iphone and plug it back in4- right click on device and restore5- after restore this "activates" your phone as well6- after 2 hours of syncing my phone with all my music and pictures, i'm a happy iphone 4s 64 gb user :)let me know if this works for you and your activation problems
  • tom murrin
    tom murrin Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I had bought 2 white iphone 4s, it took me about 4 hours to activate my phone.crazy ****.....
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I activated via phone, around 12:45pm est it went fine and all but all day i would go from full bars to searching for service on and off If it is still like this tomorrow I'm gonna heard over to a Att store and see if i can get a new sim card or something.
  • Divxclub
    Divxclub Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Not a single word about activation for me... it asked me for all kind of things including to restore my iTunes backup .... I mean really it never asked me to get activated at all . So what I did is I got my sim from old iPhone 4 plug in to new one and .... end of story. Still don't understand why it never asked me to activate my phone.
  • Writing For Profit
    Writing For Profit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    If you used your old sim, it's already activated. The reason people need to activate their iphone is because they're using the new sim that came with the phone.
  • Aktuccar
    Aktuccar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Activation was quite easy by visiting AT&T activation website.
  • Linda
    Linda Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Ive been waiting just over 12 hours. I'm an iPhone early adopter so I expected this and am not upset but I am surprised its been this long. I expected 2 or 3 hours. I just tried calling but they are closed. I'll call as soon as they are open and make sure I'm in the queue.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Now with so much traffic, its bound to be issues in activation.
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    4s arrived at my door at 10:30am Friday & I immediately tried to activate. Was finally activated at around 4:30pm. But, no Data service detected. Put sim card into old 4 and still no data. I'm presuming it's the sim card. I had wifi on so no buggy for now. But, I have yet to call to resolve this. Hoping wait time is less Saturday.
  • dice
    dice Posts: 94
    via Wordpress
    No issues here, by time i got from apple store to home around 10:30ish, 4s was already activated, and 3g was deactivated....
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    There is no que. This works though. I pre-orded the iPhone 4S as an AT&T customer, it arrived to me at 10:00 am yesterday and was sooo excited to use it. I had the activation issue for over 15 hours and was very very upset. Nobody at AT&T or Apple could help me with this issue. I finally went online and read a forum and found a way to activate immediately, which worked for me. Hold down the power and home buttons at the same time, wait for the apple to appear on the screen and then let go of the 2 buttons. Then do the activation process again and the phone should activate right away. This worked for me and I was so happy after being without a phone for 15 hours. I danced a jig in my living room as my girlfriend laughed at me. The phone is awesome, however Siri is not working all the time. I called Apple and they said this is a known issue and they are working to fix it. However my confidence is down after yesterday's activation fiasco.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I pre-orded the iPhone 4S as an AT&T customer, it arrived to me at 10:00 am yesterday and was sooo excited to use it. I had the activation issue for over 15 hours and was very very upset. Nobody at AT&T or Apple could help me with this issue. I finally went online and read a forum and found a way to activate immediately, which worked for me. Hold down the power and home buttons at the same time, wait for the apple to appear on the screen and then let go of the 2 buttons. Then do the activation process again and the phone should activate right away. This worked for me and I was so happy after being without a phone for 15 hours. I danced a jig in my living room as my girlfriend laughed at me. The phone is awesome, however Siri is not working all the time. I called Apple and they said this is a known issue and they are working to fix it. However my confidence is down after yesterday's activation fiasco.
  • Juli
    Juli Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I pre ordered my phone and it arrived Friday afternoon a bit after 3pm. I went through the activation process online and then synced my phone while waiting for it to activate. When it was done loading, about an hour and a half later, I wondered why I still didn't have network. I remembered that sometimes it helps to turn the phone off and back on which allows the phone to search and find the network. And, tada... worked like a charm.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    I'm having serious problems with mine. I have multiple lines on my att acct so i used one's upgrade and switched phone numbers. Once arriving at home I plugged it into itunes and somehow it got restored. Now it says it needs to be activated again but cant due to the sim card in it not being "associated with the account". went to multiple att stores and no one can activate it.They've gone through multiple sim cards and nothing. This is what i get for preordering mine from apple.