AT&T's iPhone 4S Customers Complain Of Activation Issues

2»

Comments

• Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    I activated my new iPhone 4S without trouble (the servers responded fine, I guess), then restored from backup (I previously had an iPhone 4) via iTunes, and then saw nothing but "No Service" for the next day. At the ATT store, they tried a new sim, and it still didn't work (but worked with my old phone, which I made them check in case the new phone was somehow broken). Then I went to the Apple store, and the guy there tried a few things, including resetting the entire phone, and initializing it as a "new phone", not from backup. Then it worked. Seems there actually is some apple bug related to restoring a fresh 4S from a 4 backup, so if you have the interminable "No Service" problem, you might just try the "Erase All Content and Settings" approach and then activating it again. If you do this, you can always (via wifi) sync your old phone to iCloud, then sync your new phone from that later, to get the apps, etc.
  • Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress
    I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with how apple handled this time around. I pre-ordered my sister's iphone 4S as she needed a new phone. I had to pre-order it for her because she is not the account holder, I am. Although I received her iphone last Friday, I had to mail it to her, as she does not live with me. Well she received her phone today and she tried to activate her phone, and it wouldn't activate. Well Guess what??? There was no SIM card installed when she unboxed her iphone 4S. Now she has to go to AT&T store and get the sim card from them. Also does this mean that if she got her iphone at a subsidized price (she used her upgrade), that it comes factory unlocked? as it came with no sim card? I don't understand.
  • Monkey
    Monkey Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It seems there's another problem with the iPhone 4s many users are getting an "Invalid Sim" Message. Unexpectely the iPhone will all of a sudden not recognize the sim card and fail to work.... Even after Reseting this will eventually happen again in about half a day or so....
  • Deanna
    Deanna Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    This worked awesomely for me!
  • Diane
    Diane Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Great post. Fixed my AT&T activation issue right away.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Very nice, thanks for the great post! It works now :-)
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    I ended up waiting about 20 hours and it still wasn't activated. I did a HARD RESET (push in top button and home button together for about 10 seconds) and restarted the phone. This activated it instantly. Hope the hard reset works for you too :)