Unlocked iPhone 4S Already Available In The U.S.?

2»

Comments

• lily
    lily Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I can confimed that the outright/contract-free AT&T iPhone 4s is unlocked. If you buy it outright then you can pop a tmobile sim and and it work. Even though they said the the phone is locked on AT&T. If you buy an AT&T iPhone 4s with contract at the subsidize price it will lock to AT&T sim only even if u put a tmobile in at the first boot. The phone know if the phone is lock or not is based on the point of sale the serial is tide to and when it first boot up going through the activation progress that how determine to lock the phone or now so good luck all
  • Christopher
    Christopher Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    I want to buy iPhone 4S unlocked in California do you think it's possible like in NJ or NY ?
  • lily
    via Wordpress
    It doesn't mattere where you buy as long as you pay for a full price it will be unlocked it. Paid for it bring a micro tmobile sim card with you walk out o the apple store and put the sim in then turn it on it will be unlocked for you iso5 activate with wifi so you don't need to plug in to iTunes for activate good luck
  • susa
    susa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I wanted to buy the iphone 4s unlocked today (apple store, naples FL.)they refused to sell me an iphone unlocked, they said they are not allowed to ..........did that happen to anybody else??I cannot force the SA to sell me an iphone unlocked, but still seems confusing that people here succeeded in buying an unlocked iphoneTIA
  • lily
    via Wordpress
    You don't tell them you want to buy an unlocked iPhone 4s. You told them you want to buy an AT&T off contract iPhone 4s at the full price . They will tell you that the phone is locked to AT&T and ask you to hit agree button on term that they are lock on AT&T network. The official unlock version has not yet available for sale yet but the off contract will do the same thin for you. Just remember to put a tmobile sim in before you turn on the phone for the first time. Good luck
  • SS1979
    SS1979 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I am keen to buy an unlocked iphone4s too and cannot wait for factory ones (as I am travelling back to my country by the end of this month) so was wondering if all that is stated on this website is correct. It seems intriguing though to try but I am a scared as in case it doesnt happen then my money will be gone and the phone will be of no use to me since I wish to use it back home with a different carrier SIM. Does this thing really work as I still cannot believe. Have you really tried it for yourself ? With the ways you have stated is it guaranteed to work ? Pls help !!!!!
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I just did it, and it worked!!! I am from Trinidad & Tobago and wanted to get an unlocked iphone 4s but didn't want to wait the 3 weeks or so to order it from online. I reserved the iphone 4s 16G online at the apple store in philadelphia. When I went to pick it up, they told me that they would activate it to my AT&T number, but I told them it was a gift and so I will activate it myself. I payed full price ($649 for the 16G). I then took it home put my bMobile (Trinidad Carrier) sim card in it, and that was it!!! The phone now works with my Trinidad sim card!!! I was skeptical at first but I took a chance and it worked! Just make sure and replace the AT&T sim card that it comes with BEFORE you turn it on for the first time.
  • Thuy
    Thuy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hey, i was wondering if you know if this would work with a simple mobile sim card or a h2o wireless sim card. If not then where do i get a cheap t-mobile sim card just to unlock it! Thanks
  • Thuy
    Thuy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I also wanted to ask if it becomes locked when/if it gets a iOS update? Anyone knows?
  • lily
    via Wordpress
    Thuy it will work with any sim card just make sure you put h2o sim or simple mobile sim I there before you turn it on for the first time and not the AT&T. It best not to update since the update didn't do any good anyway.
  • fred Garcia
    fred Garcia Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I have the same problem with my Sprint I Phone 4s. I want to get it unlock so I can use it with another carrier.
  • Fred G
    Fred G Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I'm have the same problem with my Sprint 4s. Does anyone know when they will come out with an unlock for this I phone ? Because would like to use it on t-mobile. Thanks
  • Orlando
    Orlando Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Does anyone no if I was to purchase a 4s Can I just put my h2o mobile sim card in the phone and my network start working automatically Anybody no. Please help