SemiTether Updated To Fix Issues; Still In Beta; Will Be More Stable After Updated Mobile Substrate

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSemiTether Updated To Fix Issues; Still In Beta; Will Be More Stable After Updated Mobile Substrate Is Released

Late last night, BigBoss released a new package on Cydia called SemiTether, which allows you to reboot your jailbroken iOS 5 device without the need to connect it to the computer.

However, BigBoss's solution had some limitations and number of users reported issues after using it. BigBoss has released a new version of SemiTether to fix some of the issues.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Fz
    Fz Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    works great.. but to install the latest version automatically uninstall the **** 4 and App sync for 5.0 is there any way around it
  • kitty
    kitty Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    I do not see any reason now for trying jb IPhone, all kinds of this progs only trying to kill stability of it and primary functions of phone. Sure if You have 2 or more iPhones you should try do it but if you have only one better stay jailed with good working phone :)Personaly I'm waiting for unthetered, stable ver of it for install only Navigon all others apps are cheap and do not worth of crack.
  • Fz
    Fz Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    for sure i use jb for navigon only... but few tweaks in cyida are handy
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Taking lot of time, still waiting!
  • Johnny Bravo
    Johnny Bravo Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    I'm with you there mate... Since iOS5, the only reason I'll need a JB now is for tomtom otherwise phone is perfect the way it is now :)
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    Pay someone for a developer license/certificate, and use iResign. you won't need the jailbreak, ****, or app sync. I jailbreak for all the great Cydia apps (that I pay for). If you jailbreak just to pirate then you really don't need to jailbreak at all.My personal favorites are UUID faker and folder mods. I love stuffing 50 apps in a single folder. Why Apple limits it is beyond me.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Another person who only jailbreaks to pirate apps. See above comment about doing it without a jailbreak.
  • kitty
    kitty Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    But this kind of install is't free atm.
  • Tom skall
    Tom skall Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Where's the iPhone 4 unlock, David nicol said it best
  • JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    I just want a untethered jb. I'm waiting until that happens.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Well your correct at that I can't fault your opinion there.Just an FYI, while I don't advocate it's use nor do I represent any one entity that offers thee services, I payed $10 to do this. A lot better than $99 from apple.$10 was a fair price in my opinion. Some may offer this same service for more or less. The individual I worked with was very prompt, had many many twitters from people endorsing the individual and his services. He was also very good with answering emails and questions. Top notch customer service in my opinion for a one man show.iResign is a free download. So ... its all upto the individual .. I love having my iPhone customizable and love the jailbreaks on it, so it's still on 4.X I may do the semi tether later today. I can live with the temporary loss of apps if it shuts off. I can't live without a phone. So for now its a decent compromise...Anywho .. until perfection comes out for iOS5 and we get our untether back with all the working cydia apps I do bid you a pleasant Cheers! and a god bless and god speed to the dev team wishing them the best o luck in getting us a solution soon.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Me too - only a full unterhered jb is useable. I will wait until this will be available.By the way, i buy apps which i use because all updates come directly. But... i like it to try apps with ****.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    I agree. I pay for most of my apps if I like them and tried them first with app sync. There is only one program I currently NEED to "pirate" and thats skyscape. Its free, but all the medical resources you have to pay for. Now you can't "pirate" them, but, they only license to one device. So I need jailbreaks to use UDID faker to copy the license from one device to the other. I payed over $300 in med resources for school, and I do need them on both my iPad and iPhone. I am not about to pay an additional $300 to do that. So yes, jail breaking at times is a necessity. At least for poor college students. When I am working again, then I will legit up and give them the money they are due for an excellent product.
  • Nh
    Nh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Backgrounder, sbsettings, ssh capabilities etc are all good (legal) reasons to jailbreak.
  • virGo
    virGo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi, if anyone can please update me on this. Am using iPhone 3GS tether jailbreaked a while ago with 06.15.00 firmware and running iOS 4.2.1. Now my question is... I want to put iOS 5 in it, and am ok with the tethered jailbreak but will it be ok to unlock it coz I still have to use it as a normal phone especially to get 3G internet services. Am using windows 7 pc...if that will be needed to help me out. Thanks in advance.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    If you follow the directions to protect your baseband then yes. Here is the link for the unlock and unlock able basebands.http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/10/ultrasn0w-1-2-4-for-ios-5-released-unlock-iphone.html
  • uzman
    uzman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    if a tethered jailbreak is installed, when i reboot and when i click "just boot" everytime will all the files dissapear? ie: all data such as apps and cydia apps be deleted?and my cydia does not have SHSH iOS 5. only 4.1 and 4.3.5. can i still uodate to iOS 5 and jailbreak and unlock it?
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 4 that I used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak and preserved my 01.59.00 baseband. Apparently, semi-tether didn't work for my phone. It deleted **** and App Sync 5.0+ when I installed it and I reboot it after it respring springboard, yet it still didn't work. It gets stuck in the "waiting circle" logo. I wonder if I did something wrong.
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress
    Followed instruction exactly. Tested it out and now my Iphone 4 is stuck on the apple logo.What do I do now? please helpthanks
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Try: Redsnow > Extras > just bootor try:Redsnow > extras > recovery fixif you need the recovery fix you may have to restart at square one with doing a fresh factory restore on it then jail breaking it again. I was fortunate, everything worked out well the first time. I did get the white cydia, but per the instructions, doing the "just boot" fixed that. I purposefully have turned off (powered down) the phone too, and as stated turning it back on lead to loss of safari, cydia, and mail, but I was able to make phone calls without any problem. hooking it back up to redsnow and doing the just boot restored all those to full function ability without a hitch. on a side note I tried installing iLock and that beat the hell out of it until I uninstalled it ... should have read the compatible apps list in another post.
  • Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    Hi Paradox, Do you mind sharing where you bough the certificate ? Thanks
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress
    Thanks, the problem I was having was getting into DFU from the frozen apple logo but I figured it out. Simply skip one and start with step two.
  • luknwet
    luknwet Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    yes if you have a pc go on ih8sn0w.com and download idetector and check if your iphone is an old bootloader and if it is go ahead and update it and be careful some people have mess up their sim reader it doesnt read sim so click deactivate in redsn0w
  • simonse
    simonse Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hey guy,could we talk about semitether again?!!for me it's intresting on with configuration the tool works.in my case it doesn't work:Iphone 4 IOS5 Factory-unlock (open)Installt Cydia apps:LockinfoSbsettings (and required tweaks like Activator..etc.)Fake OperatoriFileKillBackgroundOpenSSHMobile SubstrateScrollingBoardSemiTetherVeencyand some NotificationCenter AddonsAny idea why SemiTether isn't working?Thxsimon
  • Sflil
    Sflil Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I jailbreake a IOS 5 3GS with MC bootroom and works and reboots ok unthetered.... good job!
  • Hawk
    Hawk Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Hello community,I have a quick question regarding jail breaking stuff,can an already jail broken and unlocked iphone 4 (with IOS 4.0.1 and baseband 1.59.00 running on it) be updated to lets say 4.3.3 with the ability to be jail broken and unlocked after ? Thanks,
  • Subzero
    Subzero Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    You are the kind of person who bends the rules in their favor and then turn around and tell someone how their wrong and condemn them for doing the same thing you're doing. Your STEALING dude one way or the other, just because YOU feel that what you're doing is "just" doesn't make it right, just because YOU feel that you shouldn't have to pay on this platform and that platform doesn't make it right. Most PS3 and 360 games are the same does that mean I can walk up to the store cleric and say "hey man, I bought this on ps3 hand me a copy over for 360 now it's my consumer right to have this game on all platforms without paying" pfft plz dude.
  • lucas
    lucas Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Of course man, jailbreakme.com
  • lucas
    lucas Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I just want to know why to remove app sync at installing semitether, can I put it back again?
  • Damen
    Damen Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I don't jb because I want free apps/games, it's a nice bonus, after using iOS5, truly, Apple is still behind on many "useful" features. There's 3 main reasons why I've jailbroken and I thought these were taken care of with the new iOS5, I was dead wrong, I wish I had not upgraded now and I can't downgrade because I didn't save my shsh blobs (my loss). Apple, you can learn from these 3 critical jb apps: LockInfo, Mail Enhancer and BiteSMS. If Iphones came stock with the features that these jb apps provided, I would of never even bothered jailbreaking.. period. Obviously the hardware is capable of these features, why Apple would lock us out of it I will never understand. Anyone who tells you that "these features" or "jailbreaking" would render your device unstable, BS. I also have a 3GS running 4.3.3 fully jailbroken with tweaked apps and it runs flawlessly. I got the Iphone4 and thought I could do the same but with a newer and faster processor and nicer screen, then I updated to iOS5. *sigh.