SemiTether Updated To Fix Issues; Still In Beta; Will Be More Stable After Updated Mobile Substrate

2»

Comments

• Joji
    Joji Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I think hackers are waiting for 5.0.1 update so that Apple wont patch the untethered Jailbreak, well thats my theory.
  • Janoob
    Janoob Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Dear, I had jailbeaked my iphone 4 updated to ios5 and i installed one app from cydia, which prmpted to reboot the device. when i clicked on reeboot my iphone got hang on apple logo and still not restarting. please help me to sort this issue. even i tried to justreboot again from redsn0w but still its not going into the phone as it is stuck...... please check on this..................
  • Opyz
    Opyz Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    i think is the notification center addons, read the seven things in the article, hope it help
  • iphone 3gs
    iphone 3gs Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    My iPhone 3GS is successfully jailbroken with untethered, but I have the problem with syncing. For few days everything was okey, but now iTunes deletes newly downloaded apps. I didn't change any settings, and the same was with iOS 4.3.3, everything was ok for few months, and later it started to delete apps, but I was waiting for iOS 5 so I didn't do anything to fix that. What it could be? Thank you.
  • nav
    nav Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hey all, jus jailbreak my iphone 4 and its workin great. loaded with semitether too. but when it booted, im still able to use mobile safari, mail and sbsettings. has it been updated or am i missing something here? was hoping someone could answer my question.thanks!
  • dalogan72
    dalogan72 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Just waiting JB for iPhone 4S to get it. This can be a while or at least it seems to me. For the iPhone 4, until better options I think is better to stick at 4.3.3.
  • noel
    noel Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    After impatiently waiting for the untethered jailbreak before updating my iPhone 4 to iOS, I finally gave in and did it when the semitether was released. I'm totally fine with the lack of functionality as long as I can still use my phone and stuff until I can get home to boot with my computer.I thought everything went fine and dandy - I upgraded the iOS, did the jailbreak with the latest version of redsnow, installed the semitether app, and reinstalled just a few Cydia apps (nothing illegal - i'm not into that) and was pleased by how smoothly it was going. I had to respring a few times, but no reboots were necessary. Until one was, this afternoon. I rebooted, and surprise surprise, despite everything running nicely and semitether being installed with no problems, I got stuck on the Apple screen. Apparently I was never semitethered, I guess? I've tried rebooting several more times, removing and reinstalling semitether, and the same thing happened. Now, my iPhone is happily running on the tethered jailbreak, but it just makes me nervous to be possibly caught somewhere and not be able to make calls.Any suggestions as to why this wouldn't be working? I'd like to avoid doing a restore because it took me a ridiculous amount of time to install the iOS and upload and arrange all of my apps and icons. So if anyone has anything suggestions of things to try before I go that route, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much!
  • stupid
    stupid Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    If you paid the apps, just enter (change) you apple id and you get these legaly for free on your iPad!You may use all your apps on ALL your devices!No need for jailbreak...I'm jailbroken for many reasons:- more icons (shrink, iconoclasm, 5 icon switcher)- sbsettings- folderenhancer- infinidock- mailenhancer- etc.and testing apps (and then buy them in the store)
  • Vinil
    Vinil Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I installed semitether and succesfully rebooted my ipod 4g many times. but when i installed **** 5.0+ and installed applications through install0us, i rebooted but my ipod got stuck on the apple logo.Please patch this error.
  • Vinil
    Vinil Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Same problem here. after waiting for 20-30 mins, a stuck iphone spinner comes up .Please patch. Thank you very much
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    @ Harry .. sorry for late reply ... Tweet @uhelios
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    According to apple's licensing agreement for apps, a user who purchase an app for one of their devices should be able to use it on their other devices as long as it registered to the same iTunes account. These developers who are now using subscriptions on "free apps" are bypassing this licensing agreement using a loophole. I never condoned anyone for pirating. I just called it what it is. 90% of the jailbreakers that jailbreak are doing it for one thing only ... pirating. Its unto them if they want to do it or not. I am not judging them. I just choose to support good programers. If a company chooses to use a loophole to bypass apples licensing agreements, then its their choice. I can call the company on any given day and have the license transferred back and forth from phone to iPad, and back again. I can do that 20 times a day if I felt like it. I merely am saving their company and me the hassle. I own a license for their app on an iOS platform. I am running it on an iOS platform (the device does not represent the platform as the programming is the same). This is not the same as your PS3 - Xbox 360 example. Theres is no such licensing agreement between the two companies and the software is vastly different. So ... PLZ DUDE .. as you put it.