iPhone And Android Update History

2»

Comments

• Zolk
    Zolk Posts: 184
    via Wordpress
    Yes, I'm still thinking of switching. The phone I'm intending to get - HTC Evo 3D is supposed to be rootable with software that HTC is offering publicly, so at least I'll be able to tinker with it if they don't improve their upgradeability.Realistically, I usually keep a phone for 2 years, then upgrade hardware, so if I can update it for close to that period of time, I think I'll be happy. Or maybe I'll be back for iphone6 or iphone7 - who knows?
  • Zolk
    via Wordpress
    Well, if the updates are not offered for his phone, then his phone is basically up-to-date. It's just that no further development is taking place for that phone. So "they" are wrong about telling him his phone was "behind". But of course, "they" want to sell more phones, don't they?? ;-)
  • Zolk
    via Wordpress
    I bet Steve Jobs would have cared about grammar.
  • Zolk
    via Wordpress
    "Just jailbreaking" isn't that simple - plus you often can't keep your jailbreak when you upgrade, so what's your answer to that?If a person can jailbreak, then they can also root their Android phone and install a custom updated firmware.
  • Zolk
    via Wordpress
    You got that wrong! It's the handset makers who have ultimate responsibility because they are providing software customisations and drivers for the free OS they get from Google to use on their phones. It's the handset makers who don't care, because they'd rather sell more new handsets than keep their old ones going. Luckily with some phone, they can be rooted and customised by the end user (if s/he's knowledgeable enough).
  • Robsbot
    Robsbot Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Try developing more than one line of phones and see how hard it gets. Phones like the Droid X and most phones are fairly up to date, it's just that this is a very biased graph that shows the worst android offenders.
  • kk305
    kk305 Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    AdBlocker Plus is your friend.
  • Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    I agree Like update for no reason other than to Kill the current Jailbreak... $uck you apple
  • Tech noobs
    Tech noobs Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • tonywongfish
    tonywongfish Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    i can only see one thing and just like a SJ said ...... fragmentation....this chart looked like when i was using windows xp's defragmentation software back in 10 year ago .....:)
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    I fully agree with you! I don't see the better ones (like the Samsung Galaxy S) that have received the Android 2.2 and 2.3 upgrades, on the chart!