iPhone Tips & Tricks: Tips to boost iPhone Signal Strength

Options
2»

Comments

• zahid
    zahid Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi Robbie,I have an ipone 3g 8gb , jail broken .Very recently , i am facing this issue of not rebooting properly .Its shows blank screen , but it's getting connected to itunes and i can feel the vibration , when i go on silent mode.Sometime luckily , its rebooting properly . Please help to fix this issue up
  • zahid
    zahid Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi Saikumar,Even i am facing the same issue.Did you find any solution ?
  • sandris
    sandris Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    yo hoo hoo attaching scotch helped to mee - all works
  • TDEBAT
    TDEBAT Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    HAVE 3GS PHONE WITH SIGNAL STRENGTH PROBLEM1. TRIED THE TAPE ON ONE SIDE OF SIM CARD: RESULT NO HELP2. PLACING IT IN CRADLE DOES HELP BUT NOT REALIST FOR PHONE USE3. FILED DOWN ONE SIDE OF SIM CARD HOLDER TO IMPROVE CONTACT: RESULT NO HELP4. SWITCHED OFF 3G SERVICE GOT ME 2 BARS ON EDGE NETWORK, ONE BETTER THEN I HAD!
  • Wendy
    Wendy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Had the same problem, 1 bar in my house without a phone cover, put cover on and got nothing. Just found this site, turned my 3g off and now i get 4 bars without the cover on. Im so pleased i have a desent signal now, so thank you all for your help :-)
  • Fqngugu
    Fqngugu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Kazy
    Kazy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi all,I've just gotten the iPhone 4s and im having the same problem. I have only 1 bar in my house and i cant use anything except tx or offline games. Its frustrating as im still trying to figure the phone out and feel like im being prevented from learning to use it. I tried resetting the network and will check the sim when i find a tool that enables me to open the slot. Please can any british people give me info on external antennas? Like where can i get one from? Can i get one from a store rather than the web? What is the expected price range for this product? and are there different ones for different phones? etc.Anyway, many thanks for any/all help :)
  • Kazy
    Kazy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    oh and im also having problems 'syncing' with iTunes on laptop.... Does anyone have any advice on this? Tried turning both on and off but it didn't work. It gets stuck on syncing 7 out of 7 and when i try to cancel sync it sticks :(
  • penderite
    penderite Posts: 1
    Options
    I recently got my first Iphone, after using a 4 year old Nokia flip phone. My old phone got good reception here at my home on the west coast of Canada. I use the Rogers network. My new Iphone was getting only 1 or 2 bars, often cutting out completely. After going on your website, I tried attaching the computer cord, which gave me 2 bars, from 1. Then, i decided to try one of your tips, and put a piece of scotch tape on the back of the sim card....VOILA....I instantly got 3 bars...what A great tip, and why couldn't Apple do this in the first place?

Thank you.....I was all stressed thinking I would have to send the phone back, and try another server.
  • Andy Cherry
    Options
    Thanks for the info, resetting my clients network settings worked very well.