Apple Testing Siri On Non-iPhone 4S Devices?

2»

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    I never heard apple say it siri was on iphone 4s only because of the a5 chip. I never heard them say it isnt suppourted on ip4 because its to underpowered. That was sepulation form other people. Siris is in beta. They might release for ip4 when out of beta.
  • mimi
    mimi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    ahh.we must have all missed that part of the speech! when they never said anything but let us to assume everything..lol
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    Siri is great technology but it still need loads of improvements because right now it really has lack of functionality. At the first it felt really great but after using it for a while and testing more function you can see that it lack of many features but as this is first version of Siri for mass auditorium probably it will get way better over next versions
  • marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress
    Wow, this page is completely unreadable on mobile safari without hitting the reader button. Ads are way too intrusive on this site!
  • RF
    RF Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Right.. You'll get zip for your lawsuit.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    Siri is useful on the iPhone. On the other iDevices, it is almost not needed.
  • Jamesie
    Jamesie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Get a life FFS.You got the A5 chip, which gives superior graphics and future proof performance. That alone, not forgetting the 1080p recording and better camera, are more worthwhile than Siri.Anyone who bought a 4S just for Siri was a bit daft.
  • Jamesie
    Jamesie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Thre is no clear marketing that links the A5 to Siri. FaceTime was a great example. It was the 4's one more thing, and it ended up on iPod touch, iPad, and Mac.
  • mediascape
    mediascape Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    This does makes sense.1) Siri is in beta for a reason (to test on smaller market, like the -iphone4s- first )2) Releasing siri to every user at the same time would result in servers dropping and or crashing and bad PR which apple doesn't need after the death of Steve Jobs. - I think will see siri on the iPhone 4 at least within a few months -- and maybe ipad1 and 2 and the most recent iPod touch after as well.iTunes match is delayed - apple has lots of kinks with iCloud and siri on the 4S - battery issues.Once all of this equalizes, I think we'll see a major iOS update with siri packaged.They did this with iBooks and most recently with GarageBand remember. Released only on the iPad, then in the coming months ported to all devices.
  • Netrunner
    Netrunner Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    What I don't get is why is there only an issue about Siri NOW!? Siri WAS an app that was available to iPhone 4 users BEFORE Apple bought it. No one made a fuss about it then. You had to register a user account to be able to use it and it worked just fine on the 4. I'm not sure if it was something you had to pay for but I used to have Siri till Apple bought it and made it unavailable on the app store. Even if you had it installed, it was disabled on the phone and removed from the app store after one of their iTunes updates. So if you didn't have it then and didn't complain about it when they took it away, why complain now when you can't have something you didn't know was previously available for use in the first place? For those who bought the 4S just for Siri, you're missing out on the other cool **** you paid for.. I don't want what you have.. If I did, I would have gotten a 4S. I want what I ALREADY had BEFORE you, that was taken away by Apple and used to catch suckers like you to spend ANOTHER $800.00 (I'm just gonna right ahead and assume you got the 64G version) on a product that you really didn't need.
  • Rondell
    Rondell Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Well said Paradox...
  • Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress
    Apple should not release Siri to other idevice. Having Siri is why people upgraded and bought the iPhone 4s. If apple had said that they were going to allow Siri on all idevices then most people wouldnt have upgraded and bought the iPhone 4s. If apple does release Siri to other idevice then apple should do something special for people who upgraded and bought the iPhone 4s.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    Siri the app and the current Siri while similar do have differences.Siri the app if I read correctly (never used it) was a sandbox app (had no integration outside its own app). It did much of the same things it does now but it couldn't interact with other applications. It was almost like yelp and dragon naturally speaking apps combined.The new Siri still performs the same functions as the old, but now is part of the root system, meaning it can interact with your other applications. It couldn't do that before as a sandbox app. Telling it to set up an appointment, or ask what events you have today, read an email etc .... required the app to become root.I may be way off base, as I never tried the former Siri, but I believe thats the basic difference between the two.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    @ apple they did do something special for those that upgraded.They gave you an incredible camera, 1080p HD video, image stabilization, and the A5 chip.I wish I could buy the replacement part for the camera on the iPhone 4s and install it on my 4. That would seem fair to me :P
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 4 8GB :^(
  • Siridar
    Siridar Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Apple was going to release iPhone 5 but condition of Steve Jobs didn't allow this. Then Apple decided to release just iPhone 4S and postponed to release iPhone 5. They also decided to add Siri Beta because they know 4S's specs doesn't enough for hard users who wait
  • Siridar
    Siridar Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    iPhone 5! Result:do not wait Siri for other devices
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    This is why it probably wont happen because of people like that who want to be different and don't give a **** about any body else. They just want to show everyone that they have the new phone with the new feature and really don't even care that much about it. Just bragging rights. Just be happy you have it and have the best iPhone ever made. I have an iPhone 4 and will upgrade on nov. 18th and can't wait. I'm jail broke on iOS 5 and it's a little slow now. In one way is just by tapping home button to go to the first page it's slow and choppy. I've had the new phone in hand and I can't wait to get it for the speed enhancements and camera. It definately handles iOS 5 better. Games mirrored on to the TV.
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    That's highly doubtful.
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    False Advertising? I don't think apple has ever said that the A5 chip was needed for Siri, thats what a lot of people assumed but I don't remember apple saying so.
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    Where did you hear about this? I'm pretty sure apple intended to release the 4S regardless of Steve Jobs's condition. The only reason it took them longer to release is because the Verizon iPhone 4 and white iPhone recently came out and no company in their right mind would release a new device with a stock full of iPhone 4 needed to be sold. I'm sure after the next iPhone whether its called 5 or 6, the apple will release an iPhone 5s or 6s.
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    I agree with you, I think if apple named the new iPhone the iPhone 5 and gave it a new design everyone would be happy. I think it's about people having a bigger iPenis when they buy the new and latest iPhone rather then what the device has to offer. And right now the only thing that distinguishes the iPhone 4s is from the iPhone 4 is Siri, so they don't want iPhone 4 user to have it. I myself own the 4s and I'm happy with it, I upgraded it from the 3Gs and I'll probably upgrade when the 5s or 6s depending on what its called.
  • Danger
    Danger Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I upgraded from a 3G to a 4S, so huge differences there. I did it mostly out of a kind of necessity. I would love it if 4 users (and iPad, ...) had Siri as well because I think everyone should have awesome technology. At least all Apple customers. Although, I believe Siri shouldn't necessarily be a free upgrade. I paid for it, why not the next person?Thoughts? What would you pay? $30? $50?
  • Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    I like Suri when I had on my 3GS. It worked just fine. Google voice search works for all Android devices. You don't see them locking down phones.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    google voice search works well on iPhone too .. difference is siri works with many other apps in the capacity of a dictation system. much like dragon.... not downgrading google search .. but just pointing out the difference. I have loved google apps on y iPhone 4 and my 3 prior to that.
  • Q
    Q Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    This is good, if apple going to install it to non-iphone 4s. This is not even good for non-iphone 4s user but oppotunity of Apple to get new customer that they choose to get new low price device of Apple product with quality and wonder application than another operation phone.