Sn0wbreeze 2.8 Beta 11 To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released

Comments

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Or more likely the next big update with LTE is going to be called 4G and then do another incremental upgrade the year after calling it 4GS. Just like with the 3G and 3GS. Also the next iPhone is most likely not going to be called 5 since the 4S is the 5th iPhone. @Eric the first iPhone wasn't officially called the iPhone 2G by apple but I guess it's used to helps people distinguish which iPhone they are talking about.
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    As long as you have the 4 or below you can still probably jailbreak right now using redsnow you just have to point it to 5.0 when jailbreaking.
  • Rob
    via Wordpress
    Be patient I'm sure the people that update the jailbreak tools aren't the same ones that work on the actual jailbreak and since the jailbreak process probably hasn't changed in a while it doesn't matter. Also I'm sure finding a bootrom exploit for creating a untethered jailbreak is like punching a brick wall blindly hoping to find a weaks spot to break through
  • me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress
    PEOPLE DON'T READ FIRST!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
  • Moodi
    Moodi Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    Thanks Jcf that is clear I also don't cate about unlocking and will try it. BUT only one thing that is not clear , you say ""Press “just download” 5.0.5 IPSW in iTunes"" . there is no 5.0.5 or do you mean 5.0.1 ???Thank you
  • adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress
    You are all pretty slow, a new green poison has been released supporting both 4s and ipad 2. You can find the windows files here http://fileice.net/download.php?file=17988 I am not sure where the mac version is. This was grabbed off #iphone on efnet.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    You guys should mention in the article that Ultrasn0w is NOT working in 5.0.1. Some sort of compatibility issue I think. I just used Sn0wBreeze on my old bootrom 3GS to get 5.0.1 jailbroken, and installing ultrasn0w will still not let me use my T-mobile SIM.
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    I have a 3GS laying in my dresser drawer, haven't used it since upgrading to the 4. I was thinking about upgrading my 3GS from ios 3.whatever to ios 5 or 5.0.1. I'm wondering if it's still possible to downgrade back to the original ios 3.whatever if I'm not satisfied after upgrading to ios 5 or 5.0.1? I have no plans to upgrade my 4, my primary phone, until an untethered jail break is available.
  • xelon
    xelon Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Worked for me! But I have no clue, why you were talking about pwnaged folder? I just downloaded 0.9.9b8, selected manually the old 5.0 and my 3GS (new br) was jailbroken on 5.0.1. BUT: cydia is still gray. Using redsn0w for "Just boot tethered right now" does not work. So I can start my iPhone, but the jailbreak does not work..
  • xelon
    xelon Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    OK, problem solved. I just had to specify the 5.0 AGAIN manually and THEN click on "Just boot"
  • abc
    abc Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Re iPod Touch jailbreaks:Shouldn't it be easier/faster to do a Touch untethered jailbreak, since one doesn't have to worry about basebands etc.? Or what's the problem?
  • jcf
    jcf Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Moodi the 5.0.5 was a typo the correct was 5.0.1 :)
  • kitty
    kitty Posts: 24
    via Wordpress
    ATM iPhone without unthethered jb it is useless piece of shi.t, 700 usd brick.
  • joe blo
    joe blo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    The dev team is slowly losing the battle. They lost the ability to unlock -- they can't jailbreak iOS5 untethered and can't even touch Iphone 4s or iPad2. What makes me annoyed is that nobody's even actually trying except them now... everyone just sits there and expects THEM to do it for them. News flash -- they can't, or they won't. We all know they'll stall until the cows come home, or they get showed up by a single, genius developer.
  • steve1010
    steve1010 Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Ok let clarify the iPhones things here.2G means 2G data network3G means 3G data network 3Gs means 3G data network, but the phone's CPU is twice the speed of the 3G phoneiPhone 4 is only compatible with 3G data network iPhone 4s is still only compatible with 3G data network, but the phone's CPU is twice the speed comparing to an iPhone 4.Carriers are slowly building their 4G data networks, but your phone has to support it. I think the Atrix, the Galaxy 2s and other Andriod devices are 3G and 4G capable. However, the 4G data networks are not everywhere, but slowly expand.
  • steve1010
    via Wordpress
    I am on 5.0.1 now and loving it. I can always back down to 4.3.3 and JB again. Anyway, I find the 4.3.3 is somewhat boring and want try out the 5.0.1. By the way, my battery is doing great so far.
  • steve1010
    via Wordpress
    This is about Apple naming conventions.First generation2g second generation3g third generation3gs still third generation; more CPU speed 4 is for 4th generation 4s is still 4th generation; more CPU speed. S = speed
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    I think you are right. Its been so long since Ipad was jailbroken and no iOS5 untethered. Looks like the battle is going in the favor of Apple... My wonderful Iphone 4S and Ipad 5 is not so wonderful anymore :(
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    give me the untethered reboot then we will be in business.
  • Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    i jailbreak my iPhone 4 iOS 5 to iOS 5.0.1 using snowbreeza preserve baseband 01.59.00 but in cydia can't unlock ultrasn0w it docent work for iOS 5.0.1
  • Esco
    Esco Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Trying to upgrade iPhone 4 since it's locked but no luck. Tried every Possible option host deletion, ireb, and in dfu etc etc but nothing. I still continue on to receive error 1600 or 3194. WTF please help. Suggestion would be great. Thanks
  • maxhd
    maxhd Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    hi all and sorry for my bad english!!just one question:the untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4 is not out, correct?thx and keep the good work! :)
  • steve1010
    via Wordpress
    The latest untethered for the iPhone 4 is IOS 4.3.3. Anything above this is tethered. Will see how the 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 go. I have been on JB forever, so Iam not too crazy about it.
  • Runehasa
    Runehasa Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Anyone getting a odd problem after booting tethered where the screen shrinks to about 1/5th the size on the top left hand corner? Seems to be the only way to fix this is to have springboard in safe mode and reopen everything to get it to regain its size. Just wondering if anyone might know what springboard/cydia app might be causing this as I have only the basics on my phone
  • iRSX
    iRSX Posts: 70
    via Wordpress
    I'm having a problem with Sn0wBreeze 2.8b10 (not 11!) jailbroken iPhone 4. When every I try to use the international keyboard the app crashes and the phone jumps to the springboard. This happens in every single app with a text entry field: Safari, Notes, Reminder, Message, Mail, etc, etc, etc. There was one time when my text input was stuck on International and I couldn't change it back to English, so whenever I tried to enter anything at all it would crash. Had to restore to fix that one...Any ideas!? Google's giving no answers!
  • Jesse
    Jesse Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Ok I'm trying to get mine updated but I'm still on 4.0.1 (8a306). How can I update mine to even 4.2. I can wait for the 5.0 upgade later just need to get mine updated to be able to download apps since most require 4.1
  • Nemesis Crox
    Nemesis Crox Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I am having the same problem with error 3194. Still stuck here trying to figure it out :( HELP!!
  • Nemesis Crox
    Nemesis Crox Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    please i am getting the 3194 error message!!!! I will be very appreciated. pLeaseeee
  • steve1010
    via Wordpress
    Is your local host still pointing to Cydia's ip address? what are you trying to do?
  • yukiey
    yukiey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Same with me cannot upgrade to ios 5.00 . 3194 error. my host not point to cydia or other ip address.