Sn0wbreeze 2.8 Beta 11 To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 For iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch Released

Comments

• steve1010
    steve1010 Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Oh. You can no longer upgrade to 5.0.0. Apple has stopped signing the OS. Only 5.0.1 is available. Sorry
  • yukiey
    yukiey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    how to do it now? upgrade to 5.01?
  • Darnel
    Darnel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Oh. You can no longer upgrade to 5.0.0. Apple has stopped signing the OS. Only 5.0.1 is available. SorryHow come dev's didn't post this and or see this coming??? And all these writers need to update there articles on preserving our basebands and updating to iOS 5.0.1 but I still can't get iTunes to restore to custom iOS 5.0.1 keep getting error 3194 or 2005 and yes I already checked and changed my hosts file to many times to count ps I'm on windows vista using sn0wbreeze 2.8b11 and custom iOS 5.0.1 from sn0wbreeze Any other suggestions I don't care about JB just keeping my baseband for Gevey ultra on iPhone 4 get JB later if possible... I guess just restore back to 4.3.3 and wait for Redsn0w to do custom ipsw's to keep BB??? Help
  • Darnel
    Darnel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Ok cleared Tinyumbrella v 5.01.00 stopped it from using Cydia hosts and stopped Tinyumbrella from running concurrently with iTunes! Using iTunes 10.5 Then restarted iTunes and shift restore pointing to custom FW iOS 5.0.1 by Sn0wbreeze v 2.8b11 and it finally I think it's working but now i don't know what to do next iTunes says it restored but it's not showing up in iTunes and iPhone 4 shows apple and blank loading bar...maybe I'm suppose to start ibooty now or am I'm suppose to do something else. Suggestions would be nice! Thanks in advance!
  • tommy
    tommy Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    I had the same issue on two of my laptop (Dell) XP and Win 7. don't work. then try on my work PC, Lenovo. worked like a chime. I think maybe driver issue.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Hello, I've been trying to jailbreak my iphone 3gs with redsn0w and ive tried with snowbreeze but my phone keeps on freezing so im restoring it constantly to try and jailbreak. With redsn0w it gets past the reboot and just stays frozen and with snowbreeze it never finished rebooting after the jailbreak. It gets frozed with the apple logo and the little bar at the bottom that shows the recovery progress. Does anyone know why thats happening?? Thanks!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Oh and its ios 5.0.1
  • steve1010
    via Wordpress
    If I was you I would go back to 4.3.3 and keep the baseband to be compatible with your turbo sim. Read up on the Tinyumbrella and see when they release the latest tool to preserve the baseband during the upgrade to the latest OS. I am not a fan of Snowbreeze. That junk really kills your battery big time.
  • steve1010
    via Wordpress
    Ok. You've asked for it hacker. Here are the steps:1- download the latest Snowbreeze. 2- download IOS 5.0.1 IPSW3- fire up Snowbreeze and browse to the IOS that you just downloaded4- Snowbreeze is now cooking the OS5 -Snowbreeze will instruct you to put your phone on DFU mode6- open iTunes, hold the shift key and click on restore7- browse to the IOS that Snowbreeze just cooked8- ITunes is now restoring your phone with this custom OS9 -your phone will not boot normally after the restored10- this is why Snowbreeze comes with Ibooty for you to boot your JB to tethered I might have left out a few details. Hope you find the above helpful
  • CP
    CP Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I have the same problem. But even worse, I attempt to upgrade to 5.0.1 via snowbreeze, and cydia didn't work at all. So I stucked back to stock 5.0.1
  • Alexandre Oliveira
    via Wordpress
    Hi all, I've managed to jailbreak my iPhone on IOS 5.0.1 using redsnow, but for some reason it keeps on crashing and going back to semi-tether as I can only call and use messages and official apps. Any ideas?
  • Nemesis Crox
    Nemesis Crox Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I can only get to Step 7 because of the damn 3194 error :( Two days trying and still no success
  • Rufat
    Rufat Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Can anyone help me? I am trying to jb my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 I used snowbreez to make my IPSW and got my .shsh blobs while running the tinyumbrella server I am getting error 11 on restore. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have also edited my hosts file. I read somewhere that I need to take out my bbsw from IPSW but not sure how to do that.
  • Vixzor
    Vixzor Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    How do you downgrade to 4.3.3?
  • Nemesis
    Nemesis Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I just received a notification to update iTunes 10.5.1.42 and finally the error 3194 is gone and now updating my iPhone from 4.1 to 5.0.1 :) let's see
  • Nemesis
    via Wordpress
    It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100%
  • Nemesis
    via Wordpress
    very very happy now the error 3194 has gone and my iphone has been successfully upgraded from 4.1 to 5.0.1 woo hoo and cydia installed :) thanks to the new itunes installed today.
  • Wilf
    Wilf Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I accidentally updated my iphone4 with Itunes the other day and the phone, of course, became locked. I have followed your clear advice to a tee and everything works perfectly except that after i use Ibooty I am in exactly the same position again. i.e. the phone takes me through set up and then says my sim card is no good. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but I have spent days on this and can see no light at the end of this dark tunnel:( Please help
  • Dealio
    Dealio Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Wow! a bunch of little nagging foul mouth brats! I hope your mother see's the things you are saying. And takes your phones away.... spoiled rotten punks.
  • Iphone Trini Kid
    Iphone Trini Kid Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have an old bootrom 3gs which was on IOS 5.0 and unlocked using ultrasnow on baseband 06.15.00 . It suddenly cut off in my pocket without me knowing. I tried everything to reboot it but nothing worked. I had to upgrade to IOS 5.0.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.8 b11. The phone rebooted properly and functions fine except it seems to still be locked after running ultrasnow. I still have the 06.15.00 baseband. It says invalid sim and then No Service. I just read that ultrasn0w is not compatible with 5.0.1, is this true and how soon will it be updated ??Thanks for any assistance !!!
  • Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    Hey Rufat,I'm in the exact same boat as you, although I already performed the step of removing my bbfw file (all you have to do is rename the .ipsw to .zip, open that, remove the bbfw file from the firmware folder, save the archive, rename back to .ipsw) - but I am still getting error 11. Any tips???Thanks,Danny
  • Amit
    Amit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    I have updated my 3gs to ios 5.0.1, but I am not able to set it up, it keeps on saying no SIM detected, when I connect to itunes.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    is it possible to jail break iphone 4s version 5.0.1 9a405 ?
  • steve1010
    via Wordpress
    My 4.3.3 has been ssh blobs saved. Put the phone to dfu mode, change local host ip address pointing to Cydia and restore through iTunes. Need to have the custom OS on your pc
  • Steve 1010
    Steve 1010 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I am happy for you. Now can you please go out and help others?
  • pnm901
    pnm901 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey I have that same problem. I am also stuck on apple logo with loading bar underneath. I have tried to jailbreak with this method and first time it didn't work , so i tried to jailbreak again and i got stuck. please help . thanks who could help me with that.
  • maxhd
    maxhd Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    someone can plz tell me how i can jail break my iphone version 5.0?I never did it, this is the first time for me, so if someone is so nice tohelp me i'll be very happy! :)thx
  • steve1010
    via Wordpress
    Don't bother for now.. Wait for an untethered version to jb your phone.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I have just upgraded and jailbreak my iPhone 4 from iOS 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 using the Sn0wbreeze 2.8b11. I am relying on ultrasn0w to unlock my baseband 01.59.00 and if I upgrade or downgrade, I won't be able to unlock. However, after I upgrade my firmware to iOS 5.0.1 by sn0wbreeze, Cydia and Safari crashed every time I open it. Now, can't use the Cydia to unlock and Safari. Can someone help? Please......is there any other solution?