iPhone Dev team Releases Updated version of Official 1.1.3 Upgrader

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Dev team Releases Updated version of Official 1.1.3 Upgrader

Yesterday I had reported that the iPhone Dev team had released an automatic graphical method for upgrading to a jailbroken iPhone firmware v1.1.3 called "Official 1.1.3 Upgrader". However, there have been several users reporting problems with the jailbreak method. The iPhone Dev team have been quick to address most of...

Read the full story here

Comments

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

Hi Guys, this second installer does not work either, this was the second way I tried it earlier today, still no edge setting radio button in network settings at all, so one cannot even enter data. This was the only fault I found but its pretty major not having gprs/edge

JD

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey JD,

Thanks for the feedback.

However, are you sure your issue is not related to issue with AT&T EDGE network reported earlier today:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/01/att-edge-down.html

cheers,
    iPhone Hacks

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

My phone is stuck in Emergency Mode from trying the first method. I cant access the spring board at all and iTunes will not recognize the phone. How do I get the phone back to 1.1.2, or usable for that matter?

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

The same thing happened to me

• cray supercom
    cray supercom Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

:::::::::::::to get back to 1.1.2 you actuallyhave to back up to 1.1.1 first then jailbreakme, the oktoprep, then upgrade to 1.1.2

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

I used the method outlined by the iPhone Atlas page. It worked fine for me. Also customize seems to be working with the new firmware as well.

• cray supercom
    via Wordpress

the new upgrader works for 1.1.3, took 30 min to complete, then when it finished the screen goes blank, hit the home key once then wait for reboot, by the way DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING WHILE ITS LOADING, i accidentally just touched the screen the first time i tried it and it locked up while loading. I had to start all over with 1.1.1, thanks dev team for your diligent work!

• cray supercom
    via Wordpress

Now if I could just print emails and web pages to my print server from my phone, now that would Rock

• jamaal
    jamaal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

yo just wondering.. the only way to get from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 is through okto prep right?? and if so, how do u do it ;p

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

My upgrade worked for about 4 hours. After I installed Community sources and then Tinyproxy it still worked for about 30 minutes but while I was setting up the proper networking info on my laptop it suddenly went to the emergency screen and yes my iTunes says my iPhone is damaged and cannot be activated for service and did say that right from the begining before the emergency screen.

I did place a phone call right away though so I now it did work. Now what? I have to go back to 1.1.1 and try again?

• JD
    via Wordpress

Definately not At&t related, I live in the UK, and if I go back to 1.1.2 the button is there and edge works
    HTH

JD

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Just got my iPhone back to fully operational. My problem was it was in emergency mode and no matter what I tried I couldn't get to anything on the phone except the emergency dialer (which did work).

After scouring blogs and boards I found a suggestion of downloading iPhuc and while hooked up to the phone via usb cable launch iPhuc and type enterrecovery. I had to quit and restart iPhuc and do it again but the phone immediately went into recovery and when I launched iTunes it went into the screen allowing restore. I tried to restore to 1.1.1 but it didn't work so I just went to 1.1.3 and now my phone is working and I'll just have to wait for a future jailbreak or maybe SDK break.

Hope everyone else having problems gets there phones working again.

Jason

• joon
    joon Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and then to 1.1.3 successfully using updated Software updater from Install. Everything worked fine until I installed PureFTPd. After installing it, I get prompted for password in the vt-100 terminal. I can still ftp stuff using the default password, but I can't do anything in terminal.

Please help.

I did have a custom password before the upgrade process, but have Not used the passwd utility as warned.

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

Says above that summerboard and customise don't work yet! They both work fine on my 1.1.3!

• Russell
    Russell Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

my phone is jailbroken, but says that it doesn't have a valid sim. any ideas?

• van simpson
    van simpson Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Okay lets say you have an I phone but it came with 1.1.2 and now has 1.1.3 how would you jailbreak it I have tried everything and whenever i try to revert to 1.1.1 i get and error(1) before the package can even unload and then itunes shows my phone as still having 1.1.3 ive tried everything iphuk,ibricker, ive sent it into revovery through itunes and just tried to put 1.1.1 on i've even extraced the wtf file and put it on then tried to downgarde and nothing....PLEASE HELP.....VanJackieSimpson@aol.com

• JD
    via Wordpress

If you have done the 1.1.3 upgrade through Itunes, there is no way you can go back

JD

• JD
    via Wordpress

Just installed 1.1.3-3 and it rebooted early at 81% of writing back to iphone, reboot was unsuccessful as you would expect, back to 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 jailbreak again

JD

• William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

hey i just got a brand new iphone that came with v1.1.3 is there anyway to unlock if not when do you think i will be able to?

• Eagleice
    Eagleice Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Great work!! Took me two hours to upgrade to 1.1.3 and worked beautiful no problems at all. One has to be patient and let the updater do its thing and most important make sure you plug in the charger during process.

• asci
    asci Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    did you start with your upgrade with a clean 1.1.2? Could it be enough to uninstall all applications simply by installer before starting upgrade?
    THX so much!

• JD
    via Wordpress

If you are referring to my post? Then yes, all my upgrades are done with no apps installed and a completely clean jailbroken 1.1.2, like I say the 1.1.3-3 failed on writing the image to the phone at 81%, the reboot just left the phone in a crashed state, so I went back as usual. It is an OTB 1.1.2

HTH

JD

• Somone
    Somone Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hello.

I have a jailbroken (or somehow unlocked) iPhone with version 1.0.2. How do I upgrade to 1.1.3 ? Do I need to upgrade to 1.1.1... etc, first ? or directly 1.1.3 ? and if yes, how ?

• asci
    asci Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

@JD
    hi,
    well i was referring to a standard situation: if I can upgrade directly from my actual situation (1.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked) with some applications installed, or should I go back to 1.1.1, upg to 1.1.2, so cleaned, and finally upg to 1.1.3.
    THX

• JD
    via Wordpress

I would personally recommend a clean install, some of the upgrades left bits of apps in there, especially if they don't work in 1.1.3, but be careful of installer 1.1.3-3 mine failed completly, also the previous 1.1.3 updates left my phone with no edge/gprs button, so I couldn't set the user name/password

HTH

JD

• moe
    moe Posts: 158
    via Wordpress

Hi guys,
    i've got my iphone two months ago and i still waiting to find way yo unlock it. it's v1.1.3 "OTB" so plz guys tell me how can i unlock this version without facing any problems.
    i hope if you guys put a video shows how to unlock the phone and write the sources that we need to download the files from. i know this is too much but you guys know things we don't know :)

Moe

• JD
    via Wordpress

I think with a 1.1.3 OTB you are stuck at the moment, but I don't know for sure......anyone else?

JD

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

ANYONE WITH 1.1.3 OTBOR ACCIDENTALLY UPGRADED THROUGH ITUNES, JAILBREAK CAN BE DONE!!! CHECK HERE:
    http://jb113guide.blogspot.com/

• trumi
    trumi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi,

I have just upgraded from a jailbroken and unclocked (AnySIM) 1.1.2 iPhone and it took me about 50 minutes with the official 1.1.3-3 version. After the reboot I had a 1.1.3 iPhone with the installer and everything works just fine except for YouTube. If I start YouTube it asks me to connect to iTunes via the Internet for activation ?!? Is there also a simple way to activate YouTube as it was possible with the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2?