Chronic Dev Team: Update On iOS 5 Jailbreak; Release C-Reporter Dev To Discover New iOS Vulnerabilit

2»

Comments

• Dome
    Dome Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I agreed good job on jb that ish takes time everyone here knows apple and know why sit tight don't cry n wait it out unless you can do it yourself in which case you wouldn't be here rushing others. Apple is tight especially jbroken will b waiting for that iOS eventually people do have lives no wrk no play not cool lol
  • MuscIenerd
    MuscIenerd Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    We here at the Dev Team would like to announce that we are not going to be able to release any kind of ios 5 untethered jailbreak. This is because we are ass clowns that do not have the proper ability or brains to do so. We make empty shell promises and hold everyone in suspense while we sit and twittle our thumbs. Charlie Miller found a cool bug for ios 5 that could lead to an untethered jailbreak but we want to focus on the non exsistant 5 exploits we promised instead.
  • Shane
    Shane Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    We appreciate your work Dev team. Keep up this valuable research and we look forward to utilizing your fantastic hacks to come!!
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    I think iPhone 4S and iPad 2 are the last two devices that I am going to keep from Apple. It is a shame because I have been buying every iPhone model and iPad since first iPhone released in 2007. What is annoying me is the amount of money (think $200 or more) that I spent on buying Cydia tweaks and apps which are going to go in vain now! and I will be even more sad to switch to another platform because I spent more money on apps from the App Store. The big question now is what is going to be my next phone and tablet of choice after Apple? It is so hard because (in terms of performance and satisfaction it is so difficult to replace Apple products) but I got to do it anyway. Apple will know that they will lose 12% of their product owners simply because they are taking the most enjoyable thing away: Our freedom to jailbreak and do what we want with our iDevices.
  • Zed Sefi
    via Wordpress
    I agree. I bought the iPhone 4S and sold my iPhone 4 based on this statement alone. This was the biggest mistake I ever done this year!
  • 4s Owner
    4s Owner Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    4s Jailbreak is top of quite a few Xmas wish lists but remember boys and girls you will have to be on your very best behaviour!
  • Zed Sefi
    via Wordpress
    Now presumably even if we can manage to get a jailbreak for the 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5 for those like me who ignored upgrading to 5.0.1 (using Charlie Miller's exploit hopefully) I wonder what is the point anyway if you are going to lose the jailbreak again (possible forever) if anything goes wrong on your device and you will be in a situation to format it again (remember that SHSH blobs are useless now and this is kinda similar to iPad 2 jailbreak on iOS 4.3 that people have lost once upgraded to iOS 5 without being able to save 4.3 SHSH files). There is a serious need for a smart hacker to create self-dependant .ipsw (custom) firmware file for iOS 5 that can be restored with a third party app designed for it (not iTunes). I remember TinyUmbrella had plans in the past to create a version of their app that can be used entirely without iTunes at all. Is this thing even possible now anymore? Alternatively if Cydia system can be improved (hint: mobile substrate) so that if there is any problem with any cydia tweak that may cause crashing or have incompatibility issue with another app which would cause the phone to be stuck on Apple logo loop or similar; then there should be a mechanism to prevent this because once system crashed we will be forced to restore and thus we gonna lose the jailbreak. I hope that the guys behind Semi-Tether app are considering this matter seriously as a solution to this big problem.
  • Lakhwinder Singh Dhillon
    via Wordpress
    Why Not on Windows? I would like to Contribute too, I m on win7
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Forget the updates, just remove the thing already!
  • Ryecell
    Ryecell Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    U do right mate too many people expect your hard work and time for nothing then cry like babies when jailbreaks are not ready tell them people to find holes in IOS 5 themselfs and to go **** themselfs lol keep up the good work
  • Ryecell
    Ryecell Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    U do right mate too many people expect your hard work and time for nothing then cry like babies when jailbreaks are not ready tell them people to find holes in IOS 5 themselfs and to go fu** themselfs lol keep up the good work.
  • idmanager
    idmanager Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    just sent you guys 143 crash reports from iphone 4 5.0 but i have another i phone that says 143 but fails to send ?? is 143 the max it can send ?
  • ITcrowd
    ITcrowd Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Without jailbreak I will miss following Cydia apps on iPad2 and iPhone:1. Dimmer - allows much lower minimum brightness than HW limit, works in all applications, fantastic for working or reading at night or in dark room.2. Landscape Lock Rotation for iPhone3. SBsettings - no need to explain :-)Dimmer is actually the most important for me. It may be the only reason to switch to Android, if jailbreak is no longer possible. Android have similar application. Maybe Apple will implement it, I made the enhancement request. You can do it too to make more voices to count :-)
  • karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
    Guys remember a few things here - the dev team have never let us down before. The dev team are working here on 3 different things IOS 5 jailbreak untethered iPad 2 jailbreak and the iPhone 4S jailbreak all of which need to run efficently before release. And for those of us who code and create jailbreaks remember we're doing it in our own time and that we have many other things to do.
  • bull ass
    bull ass Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    all we need to do is, wait patiently. and support dev team or chronic dev team and lets pray for them that they can do successfully..
  • Sinistry
    Sinistry Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have to disagree with most of what you wrote. While there isn't a "need" to jail break to have a nice phone, Apple just doesn't treat me with the respect I deserve as customer who is investing in what pans out to be a relatively expensive product. I personally used many of the tweaks found on Cydia, not just because they enhance the devices' functionality, but because they allowed me to transform my iPhone into MY iPhone. The customization options Cydia gives users should be something Apple includes from the factory but chooses instead to keep us all in a box of their making, which I personally find belittling. In addition, Cydia offers a basic service that apple doesn't, which again, should be a standard feature. Such as saving my purchases. I've purchased at least three apps from iTunes that I've lost after a crash and have to repurchase them if I want them back, whereas a product purchased from Cydia will always be mine for a one-time payment.But it really comes down to the fact that I don't appreciate anyone telling me what I can do with MY OWN property and I support the Dev team whole-heartedly, and applaud their efforts to free us from Apple's iron fist.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    i can't get the crash reporter to ever recognize my device. i can never click do it. what do i do...
  • Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    DoeS anyone know if 5.0.1 has these exploits they speak of? ie if I update to 5.0.1 will this upcoming jailbreak not work. Cuz this battery issue is a pain.
  • german salas
    german salas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i already updated to ios 5.0.1 will it work with this or am i screwed
  • Helene
    Helene Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hope it works with ios 5.0.1. Failed to downgrade today to 4.3.3 so i had to restoreand upgrade to 5.0.1. :(((( On some ites it says it will be , but ipod2g tweeted a massage saying not to upgrade to 5.0.1. if we want to jb so i thik it won't be ...we're dead until the half of next year...al we can do is hope for a Christmas Wonder :)))
  • Fuck u apple
    Fuck u apple Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    **** **** **** **** and **** u apple u ****
  • SnkS2k
    SnkS2k Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    if that all you JB for then dont worry, IO5 has wifi hot spot feature now.
  • gb57
    gb57 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I just switched few months ago from iPhone to an Android phone (Motorola Photon) and I love it. So much better than iPhone, bigger screen, faster, the Android market is huge and there is tons of great free stuff. Very happy about it, I'm not going back to the iPhone. Still enjoying my iPad but I don't know for how long, a lot of very good Android tablets are coming out.
  • gb57
    gb57 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Sorry but I just switched few months ago from iPhone to an Android phone (Motorola Photon) and I love it. So much better than iPhone, bigger screen, faster, the Android market is huge and there is tons of great free stuff. Very happy about it, I’m not going back to the iPhone for sure!!! Still enjoying my iPad but I don’t know for how long, a lot of very good Android tablets are coming out.
  • Senne
    Senne Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I hate it since when jb was made legal, in the beginning they didnt gave a sh*t to the law, i miss those times
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Apple does save your purchases... i agree with what you say but for that one, you don't know what your talking about.
  • N1njaco
    N1njaco Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Thats why you root your android phone. Problem solved.
  • Kurian..Of Borg
    Kurian..Of Borg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It says Buy but you won't be charged.