Native iPhone Application: Give your iPhone running Firmware 1.1.4 a Face-Lift with Customize

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNative iPhone Application: Give your iPhone running Firmware 1.1.4 a Face-Lift with Customize

I have seen quite a few comments from iPhone Hacks readers since the release of iPhone firmware 1.1.4, on how they would love to get Customize, a native third-party iPhone application, to work on their Jailbroken iPhone. Surprisingly and my apologies I had not even reviewed the native iPhone application...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Magnum
    Magnum Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I ALWAYS GET "MAIN SCRIPT EXECUTION FAILED" WHEN DOWNLOADING THE MODDED CUSTOMIZE

• conoven
    conoven Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

After editing the .plist packet and trying to install customized with installer I get an error message. It reads customized only works with versions 1.1.[123]. Anyone know how to fix this?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Magnum,

Here is a tip posted by iPhone hacks reader, Eeeee to solve the error you are getting:
    "For the main script error... ssh as root to your iphone:
    chmod ug+s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer"

Hope it helps.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey conoven,

I am sure you have done this, but thought I should check.

If you follow the instructions by CerealKiller, you need to install "Customize" twice:

The first time you need to install the original Customize app under Utilities to create the folder and then uninstall it.

The second time to install the modded version of Customize under Dlubbat's Apps which I think uses the modified plist.

Let me know if this helps.

• CerealKiller
    CerealKiller Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the appreciation! I hope I can provide some assistance, I will try to answer any questions asked!

• Bodey
    Bodey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If you want this to do this on windows then when you are looking at the plist file in your file program not when you move to your desktop,right click and press edit. This will bring up the coding where you can make the changes. .plist is a mac os file type and wont work on a windows

• joshua
    joshua Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

i followed all the instruction but when i went to download the modded version in dlubbet i get an error saying error downloading package. So i tried downloading someting else and got the same message. so i tried uninstalling customiez and got the same error.

• joshua
    via Wordpress

seems that when i download customize it messes up installer.. i had to reuse the hack to be able to download packages with installer again

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

I have tried this now on 3 different iPhone's, all jailbroken with the new Ziphone Method on 1.1.4

iPhones Work great and so does customize. Make she you follow all the steps exactly.

• joshua
    via Wordpress

i just restored iphone and starting from scratch , stay tuned for results.. thanks fro response

• joshua
    via Wordpress

just followed instructions again. Got all the way where you say to download customize 1.1.3 for dlubbat apps. When i press install on that it say " error: package download failed!..

• joshua
    via Wordpress

i think there might be a problem with customize source.

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

Let me check if it is still on his source code, if not, then I will post another code to use for the modded download. People who have commented from youtube said this mod works fine but let me check on it.

• joshua
    via Wordpress

i have been able to download apps so far but not customize using your method.. still getting hung up

• theLitWit
    theLitWit Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The firmware change worked. The "Dlubbat's apps" and "Dlubbat's Themes" categories loaded in installer after i added the source. The only problem i am having now is that i can not download the modified version of Customize. I followed all of the directions perfectly and when i try to install the Modified version of Customize it says "Error - Package download failed!" Then my installer app will not allow me to download anything else unless i reinstall the un-modded version and uninstall it. Help...Please...

• FourEighteen
    FourEighteen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm having the same problem.... I get the "Error - Package download failed!" screen, then I have to completely shut my iPhone down before I can do anything with installer again. I'm using an iPhone (1.1.4) that was hacked with ZiPhone. I'm just happy to see that i'm not completely stupid and other people are having the same problem as me. I really hope that I can get this program to work!!

• theChamp
    theChamp Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

yea I'm having the same problem with downloading the package

• tr05prius
    tr05prius Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi CerealKiller. I followed your steps from the YouTube video and when I open the SystemVerision.pllst all i get is the following:

PrdouctBuildVersion 4A102
    ProductCopyright 1983-2007 Apple Inc
    Based On Tahoe4A86
    ProductName OSX
    Product Verision 1.1.4

I don't get that file to change the string like it shows in the video. Can you by chance help me and let me know where I have gone wrong? Thank You. Thom

• JFA
    JFA Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

" error: package download failed!..": The XML on the dlubbat.com source points to a URL (http://www.touchrepo.com/Apps/Customize.app.zip) that is not valid or the file is no longer available. The only related URL on that server was http://www.touchrepo.com/Apps/CustomizeC2.app.zip but after I downloaded it, the site no longer responds. I installed this CustomizeC2.app but it does not run on my 1.14. I guess the only other thing to do is to wait until the developer finishes the modified version with the official SDK release.
    BTW: if you keep on getting the same error on other downloads, remember to clear you download queue, otherwise the Customize app problem will prevent further downloads.

• conoven
    conoven Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

To Iphonehacks,

Well I would try the steps you mentioned but I cant even get that far it gives me an error message every time i try to download the customize app the first time. I am thinking about doing a clean restore once I get home and trying it again. Also my iphone has become sluggish since I have tried this, and it just turns off randomly, but I'll keep everyone posted on this....

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

I am trying to find a different source code, if I can't then I will take my file, package it and make my own, give me a little bit to sort this out, I will also update the youtube video.

• tr05prius
    tr05prius Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Thank you cerealKiller. I really appreciate it

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Are there any fixes for Error - Package download failed

• theChamp
    theChamp Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

yea thats what im waiting for the fixes for the error- package download failed

• EsMaNdAu
    EsMaNdAu Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

add my repo, i create it for fix it only,

http://www.esmandau.net/iphone.xml

Thanks

• Paolo
    Paolo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I'm having the same problem as you guys are having. Everytime i download customize 1.1.3 modded version it gives me an error message then after that i can't download anything anymore from the installer...HELP PLEASE.....

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

EsMaNdAu, I have nothing showing up in installer, and also. I copied the application "Customize" to my Mac and tried to put it back on my iPhone and it didn't work, I will have a different version up by later tonight.

Unless someone can make a new repo than it would be greatly appreciated. I will also update the video with whichever works. Thanks everyone for the patience.

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

IF IT WON'T LET YOU DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ELSE FROM INSTALLER, JUST CLICK "CLEAR QUEUE" AFTER YOU CLICK INSTALL.

Everything will work to install after that, still working on the modded version of "Customize" be done shortly.

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

Still in process of trying to get this to work, it's just not changing anything, even the modded version I have that I copied from my iPhone, I just restored too.

• Jadoun
    Jadoun Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm running 1.1.4 and I've got no prob with Youtube, however my Bleutooth cant detect any device when turned on, any advise guys? thanks in advance.