Native iPhone Application: Give your iPhone running Firmware 1.1.4 a Face-Lift with Customize

Comments

• Paolo
    Paolo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

hey jadoun,

im having the same problem with my iphone as well im running 1.1.4 and my bluetooth cant detect any device when turned on. help please??

• Blake
    Blake Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Hey CerealKiller,

I did exactly like you did but when I go to "Dlubbat's Apps" Customize 1.1.3 is not there. I'm not sure how old this video is but by looking at comment dates it seems that people have done this even today. Did you happen to move or remove Customize 1.1.3? Thanks

• rickgmac
    rickgmac Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I can see all the app's but I can not see the customise 1.1.3????

• Calvin L
    Calvin L Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I used to have package download failure 2, just got this a few days ago from another site and it works perfect for me:

please use this step by step;

1-remove the Ste Packaging in installer
    2-in installer/Source/Add and write this;
    http://repo.smxy.org/iphone-apps/
    3-refresh and volaaa...

Thx and all credits to Gogomac!!!

• CerealKiller
    CerealKiller Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Still doesn't fix customize, if you get download error's just clear your download queue. I have been trying different things all day! Nothing yet. Sucks! I am trying!!!

• observer365
    observer365 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

There is no Customize listed under Dlubbat's apps, the only available application is customize add-on..any idea on what happened? How can I get that modified customize please..

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I followed all the steps and after I uninstalled Customize, I went back to dubblat's apps to install the modified version but there was none. The only thing there related to customize was the addons. Where is it?

• K2merckx
    K2merckx Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I am having the same iussues. The "Dlubbat's apps" and "Dlubbat's Themes" categories loaded in installer after i added the source. The only problem i am having now is that i can not download the modified version of Customize. So the customizer installs but I am getting no customization at all.

• Netro365
    Netro365 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

> Download Customize C3 here...rapidshare.com/files/97410249/CustomizeC3.app.zip.html
    > You need to unzip the zipped file and copy the Customize.app folder into your Applications folder using WinSCP (in Windows) or any other app that copies files from the computer onto your iPhone. Then type the following into Terminal vt-100 or Putty (in Windows):
    >
    > /bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    > /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    > /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    >
    > NOTE: If you use Terminal vt-100, make sure you have the following installed so that Terminal will run:
    > The BSD Subsystem 2.0 Termfix (v1.10) installed from Tweaks,
    > And the SUID Lib Fix (v1.0) installed from Tweaks (1.1.3).
    > Note: These first two points will allow you to login to Term-vt100, login is "root", password is "alpine".
    >
    > Reboot the iPhone once the installation ends!!

• K2merckx
    K2merckx Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I am having issues just installing the Terminal vt-100 app on the iphone. I keep getting the message "Error Package download error." I was able to install the other two apps without a problem. Any suggestions? I am very new to the iphone hacking so your patience is appreciated.

• joshua
    joshua Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

any luck CEREAL yet on getting customize to work

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

Not yet, there is no longer a "modded" version so I am now having to work with the original, trying to work with the new 1.22 instead of 1.21. Have a feeling it is just something to do with the permissions. I am going to keep trying though! Hopefully will get it done by tonight or tomorrow! Thanks everyone for sticking in there!!!

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

FOUND A SOURCE!!!! MAKING VIDEO RIGHT NOW! BE DONE IN ABOUT 20 MINUTESSSS!!!!!!

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW VIDEO! SHOULD BE ADDED TO THIS POST SOON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssnKiBb0kII

• hank
    hank Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Thanks, it works pretty well. However I can't use customize to change the appearance of the dock. Is that a bug or am I just doing it wrong? I can change it with summerboard, but not customize.

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

you can't change the dock appearance, apple uses a different based dock. It used to be grid based but now we can manually move the icons via homescreen/touch/hold/wiggle/drag and move...so they changed it and it is based differently so therefore preventing you from changing it on this version of "Customize"

• KingShorty
    KingShorty Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

if you guys go to modmyifone.com, you can see a video there that shows you how to get customize on the 1.1.4 release.

it's quick and simple and cerealkiller might be talking about that video.

on that video, there's no computer involved, just using ur iphone, which makes it very fast to do.

• TopDog
    TopDog Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

^^^^I have tried that one and don't really trust the compatibility hack from installer. Gave me nothing but problems and made my iPhone run slow. Feel free to try it though.

• kealoha
    kealoha Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i tried to do this and my ipod is all messed up now,
    all it says is BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0.i dont know what to do can someone pease help me?

• Genevieve
    Genevieve Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thank you so much! The new repo works fine, in my iphone, when I opened customize for the first time after intalling it, it wouldn't open, it crashed, but on the second try, it wprked just fine, again, thank you!

• aalanskrazyworld
    aalanskrazyworld Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

CerealKiller is the man... btw obviously this also work on 1.1.3... i mentioned this cause for some reason when i updated to 1.1.3 i could install custumize and it would open and everything but nothing would change when you would try to do anything!!! laterz

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

Thanks guys! Glad I could help! I hope to be of more service in the future!!! Any questions feel free to ask!

• Predator
    Predator Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I think that He misses the step, that shows that he is actually running, a 1.1.3 phone. and Before he starts to record the video he flips the plist to 1.1.4, just for the illusion of the video. Does not work on 8 Phones that I Have tried... Great Spoof CerealKiller, seeems like April fools hit early this year.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

Works great follow instructions to the t and it will sort it!
    Predator it works fine your obviously not doing something right if you don't believe it just tell me and i'll upload video of it working on 1.1.4
    Just for info i used winscp with vista 64 for the transfer and edit.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Can anyone plz upload same kind of video for windows or help for windows.

• Maximus
    Maximus Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

tried it with the new video on my 1.1.4 and getting the download error from installer. now i cant uninstall anything or reinstall anything. :s...customise works but i cant do anything else. help

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

It works on my phone, i can change the slider names and some sounds but when i try to change the way sliders look and some icons the items i downloaded dont show up in customize. any ideas on how to fix this problem.

• emanuel
    emanuel Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how do i get this to work using windows xp???

• gordon
    gordon Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know the name of the case or what kind of case he has on his iphone in the video?