ZiPhone 2.5: Single-Step Method to JailBreak & Unlock iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 Released

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageZiPhone 2.5: Single-Step Method to JailBreak & Unlock iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 Released

It was earlier today that I had mentioned about the ultimate method to jailbreak iPhone 1.1.4 which the iPhone Dev Team were planning to release soon. But you need not have to wait as iPhone hacking expert Zibri has just released the latest version of his tool, ZiPhone 2.5, to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• CerealKiller
    CerealKiller Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Works Great! Installer and jailbreak was done in like 1 minute!!! Perfect! Thanks!

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

works like a charm. used the mac version. running leopard, 8 gb iphone, older BB (3.9 or whatever it is). did the jailbreak only and it's money....

thanks

• Douceswild
    Douceswild Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

works great! although a lot of the apps like Summerboard and Voicenotes don't work with 1.1.4 yet. ah well. I can wait

• jason Burroughs
    jason Burroughs Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

you mistakenly said to hit the update button, but you meant restore!

"you can hold the option key on a Mac or Shift key on a Windows system, then click the “Update” button in iTunes (under the iPhone tab) and select the file to apply it."

• Ando
    Ando Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I can't download it, each time i press download ziphone the page just refreshes, what should i do???????

• meow66meow
    meow66meow Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

!!! IMPORTANT !!!

Do NOT click the "Update" button! Instead press the "Option" key (on a Mac) or the "Shift" key (on a PC) and then click the "RESTORE" button in iTunes. After that you just select the 1.1.4 firmware package you downloaded.

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Why go through the trouble of hold shift key or anything before restoring, just open Itunes and when it loads just hit restore, it will restore and update to 1.1.4. Mine worked like charm, checked everything and it they all works great

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

123 It was done! Great program I have been waiting for this!

Thanks!!!!

• Dr.Ahcir
    Dr.Ahcir Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Please update the link of the iPhone firmware, it links to "iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore" instead of "iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore"

• iluviphones
    iluviphones Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Are these hacking programs available on windows?

• Juan Luis
    Juan Luis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I HAVE MY IPHONE UNLOCKED WITH 1.1.3. SHOULD I FOWOLL THIS INTRUCTIONS: For all those running iPhone with older firmware, Zibri recommends them to restore to 1.1.4 and not to update. So download the latest iPhone firmware 1.1.4 as a standalone download from this link (size: 165 MB) and after downloading the update, you can hold the "Option" key on a Mac or "Shift" key on a Windows system, then click the “Update” "Restore" button in iTunes (under the iPhone tab) and select the file to apply it. (Thanks Jason Burroughs & meow66meow for highlighting the error.)

PLEASE ANSWER ME ASS SOON AS POSIBLE

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Iphones will start selling like hotcakes..I already know 5 folks who are going to get an iphone after I showed them how easy it was to get t-mobile service with 1.1.4...I tried to buy another one at the apple store but you can't buy an iphone with cash.

This is sooo cool...Now I have two phones and can go overseas and use the local SIM and not have to worry about a $4,000.00 phone bill when I get home because I was roaming...

The only problem I had was youtube not working....I found that if you trash the files in /root/Library/Lockdown instead of replacing as suggested in 1.1.3 along with the file in the activation folder (trash it) you can reactivate youtube.

http://limitededitioniphone.com/youtube-not-working-on-your-iphone-steps-to-fix/

There was a solution ABOVE for intel macs but when you hear of a solution and have tried it and can confirm AFTER EXPERIMENTING, please post the youtube fix in your next blog thanks.

• henry
    henry Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I keep trying to update installer applications and I get an error message cannot update send song 3.1

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

i have tried twice just to jailbreak my phone. I did a clean upgrade and restore of my personal stuff ie tel number...no music was installed. when i runziphone it just sits there in "entering recovery mode".that's it...

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

I just jailbreak my iphone. I tried installing new applications but they did not work. Did I do anything wrong or should Iwait for updates?

• robyn
    robyn Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I cannot believed how well this worked. I thought it was not bad jailbreaking 3 months ago with the 23 step process . When you think of hacking into a phone , you think that is something that you have to be some computer genius to do, but this new application is amazing. It really was one click and I actually didn't have any abnormal problems with this one. I like how it actually notes what processes are taking place and even more importantly it explains what should be going on with the iphone as it is jailbreaking the iphone. With the other hacks, you were just left wondering if what your iphone was doing was normal or not. I really hope that the summerboard and customized will work soon with 1.1.4. They need to keep it updated . That is the best part of hacking, the ability to customize every detail of your phone to make it your own.

• Boss123
    Boss123 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hip hip hurray....i did it...using Ziphone 2.5
    1. connected my 1.1.1 jailbroken iphone to the PC ( windows XP ).BACKED UP MY IPHONE FIRST.
    2. was running the latest version of itunes.
    3. downloaded the iphone ver 1.1.4 software onto the PC. just downloaded did not install.
    4. pressed shift and restore in the Itunes windows
    5. Choosed the file that i downloaded as per index number 3.. ver 1.1.4 . Clicked ok.
    6. the phone restored the version to 1.1.4
    7. after it completed ran Ziphone...and in a few min .....hurray!!! all systems go.
    Showing Version 1.1.4 (4A102)
    i did not touch the phone till at all during this time....but prayed lot in that 5 min gap.
    8. tested it by making a call ...worked...
    9. Wifii working perfect...

man if i can do it anybody can...i got absolutely no idea what i did but just follow instruction

• banker
    banker Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

worked like a charm. used it on an unlocked 1.1.1 that i had upgraded from 1.0.2 weeks ago. to run this i use an acer notebook with WinXP , iTunes 7.6.1 and iPhone on 1.1.1:

- upgraded iTunes to 7.6.1 on XP
    - synced my iphone
    - downloaded restore 1.1.4
    - downloaded and installed ziphone 2.5
    - press shift restore in iTunes to select restore 1.1.4 file (restore took several minutes)
    - ran ziphone and pressed do it all (took 4 minutes)
    - iTunes asked me to restore settings of previous iphone > yes did it
    - synced
    - everything works all data is restored

one very happy banker :-))

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

I cannot believed how easy the process was. I did everything and I the only thing that I am having problem with was the download of applications and install. If anyone can help I thank you!!!!

• Kals
    Kals Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm , If I just go a buy a new IPHONE and try ZIPHONE on it , will that work is it just for IPHONES which were unlocked previously?

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

Kals - yes, it'll work for OTB (out of the box) iphone's. the OTB will most likely have the 1.1.3 firmware if not 1.1.2, so just restore your firmware to the 1.1.4 using the method provided...

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

Summerboard works now!!!! (Before I changed the system file to think it was 1.1.3 in "CoreServices") But it now works with 1.1.4, only thing I am waiting for ins Customize, cause you know Apple most likely won't approve Customize with the SDK, it's too much of a change for the iPhone...But maybe...

• Surface
    Surface Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Wow, that was pretty simple. I was worried at first, and kind of hesitent, but I must say that was awesome. I just bought the 16G iPhone on Friday, It came with 1.1.3, I got home, and updated to 1.1.4. I read this post, and DL'd the 1.1.4_Restore, restored the phone to factory settings (1.1.3) Then tried to restore to 1.1.4, but it would give me an error. Tried restoring back to 1.1.3 and no go, gave me an error again. So I restarted my PC and the iPhone, plugged them back together it booted fine, restored the iphone to be working again and updated to 1.1.4 on it's own. I then did the shift click restore to 1.1.4 and installed ZiPhone and it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!

• Surface
    Surface Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I do have one question for anyone reading these posts, hopefully you can help out, since I am a newbie to the iPhone and the 3rd party apps. Where would I be able to go to make my mp3's my ring tones? I made a 7 sec mp3 file I got for a ringtone, converted it to an AAC format, and it won't go into iTunes under ringtones. Which is kind of frustrating. Any ideas / suggestions would be greatly appriciated!

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

Surface, go to the main page and scroll down a little, there is a post about the ringtone hack, I made the video, its simple and takes no time.

• John Doe
    John Doe Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I have encountered a problem. i restored to 1.1.4 and unlocked my phone, and now i cannot recieve my email or watch you tube. when i try to retrieve my email i get a messge that says the username is invalid. before i jailbreaked my phone my email worked just fine. is there anyone who knows what i can do to fix this problem????

• CerealKiller
    via Wordpress

just restore back to 1.1.4 and try jailbreak/unlock again.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

Works with vista ultimate 64 and my iphone, excellent app, thanks to Zibri!

• new to iphone
    new to iphone Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i just got my iphone which my sister bought in the us. i havent activated my phone. OTB to be exact. im using leopard on my mac book pro and im at another country. want to use it with a local sim. how will i start? dunno how to back it up since its not yet activated. thanks and more power