ZiPhone 2.5: Single-Step Method to JailBreak & Unlock iPhone Firmware 1.1.4 Released

2»

Comments

• quy
    quy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi.

i originally bought a out of the box unlocked 1.1.3 iphone. I messed up my phone using "fontswap" and the spinning wheel of death popped up. I used the 1.1.4 unlocking and restore option as instructed and the wheel disappeared. However, i now have a message that says I need a carrier sim chip. please HELP... because i have tmobile.

• John Becker
    John Becker Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

After i do this will my phone work fine ( meaning AT&T) i hope i dont have to activate my phone again. Will this mess up anything that involves my Phone features?

• ~ john ~ (singapore)
    via Wordpress

kudos to ZIBRI for making this available to all of us! the only prob i am encountering is the lost of connection sometimes when i sync my iphone to my pc. i wont say its because of the cable because i didnt have this problem when i was using 1.1.2. cant wait for the update of the SUMMER BOARD to work with 1.1.4

• El Mejor
    El Mejor Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I have a 16GB iphone wich came with 1.1.3 and I want to know if I can downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak and unlock so I can use all the application on the insteller,Plese any help

• Key
    Key Posts: 202
    via Wordpress

@ el mejor - why would you bother downgrading when you can do a full restore to 1.1.4 now and still jailbreak your phone ??

• K
    K Posts: 44
    via Wordpress

i have just UNLOCKED and any sim on 2 iphons 1 from uk and 1 from us 1.2 and 1.1
    just open Itunes and when it loads just hit restore, it will restore and update to 1.1.4.
    no need to do Shift key.
    then open http://www.ziphone.org/
    click do all and thats it!! 5 min so easy Mine worked like charm, it checked everything and they all works great

well dun top man

thanks

and if you need internet put in gprs settings it works

if you need gprs seatings for you network look
    at http://www.unlocks.co.uk/gprs_settings.php

just put them in the edge seatings

have fun

• Nakko
    Nakko Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi Surface and other who want to get ringtones onto their iphone.

We have recently developed a free to use online tool that lets you get ringtones onto your iphone.

http://www.NAKKO.com is a website where you can upload edit en share ringtones and video for free.

Using our technical skills, or background in music and ringtone production we have found a way to produce ringtones for the iphone and on top of that automatically synch your online selected catalog with your phone.

Feel free to have a look

You can test here http://nakko.com/iphone-press by clicking the iTunes button

• saral
    saral Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

it works gr8 ... but m facing a problem with wi-fi m not able to download ne application :-(

• Tri
    Tri Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

DO NOT INSTALL THIS!!!

After i upgrade to 1.1.4 from Zibri, WE all known that YOU CAN NOT download any APP. from Installer
    The Error message will show up "Package download failed!" Also all packages from Installer are FAILED!!!

Warning!

DO NOT INSTALL THIS!

• Basil
    Basil Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Don't be upset so fast..and don't blame Zibri..He done a greate Job!! I had the same problem and tried many things but the following worked for me.

Open Installer
    Go to Sources
    Refresh Sources
    It shows there is an upgrade for Installer
    Update Installer
    Try Now..!!!!

• Tri
    Tri Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Oh yea, my mistake, lately i refresh sources then everything is fine now, thanks for the tip

• Jason R
    Jason R Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I went to the ziphone webs site and clicked on the download and it just restarts the web page no matter how many times you click on it. Please help I want to mod my iphone.

• Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Thanks worked great the first time.

• Some Guy
    Some Guy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

i had trouble with the Ziphone website as well here is another link... i hope this one helps...

http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2391

• Some Guy
    Some Guy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

If ziphone asks for framework 2.0 download from here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en) and install it then try opening Ziphone again and it should work

• Scorpion
    Scorpion Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I used this method on unlocked 1.1.3, restored to 1.1.4 and then ran ziphone when it restarted, it is not able to search for any network. Need someone's help urgently.

• gabe perez
    gabe perez Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey guys i think i messed up.. i went from 1.1.2 out of box and updated it threw itunes and then i am tryin to jailbreak it and unlock it again but when i plugg in my iphone it pops up in itunes and will keep me in the activation screen threw at&t and when i try to close it it doesnt let me try to restore it at all what can i do to get past the activation screen so i can unlock it??

• IpHucked
    IpHucked Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

@Surface:

You need to use GarageBand, and export the file "as a ringtone to Itunes"

• ellyutan
    ellyutan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi guys,
    i just got my iphone, just opened it from a sealed box. i dont know what firmware version it is, so can i just go on itunes and restore to 1.1.4? and continue the process using ziphone as mentioned above? thanx for the help guys.

• cmonspike
    cmonspike Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I used version 2.6b of ZiPhone to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone.

I had bought my phone unlocked at version 1.02 and was quite nervous about going through with this but here are the steps I followed.

1. Install ZiPhone Version 2.6b

1.A Install iTunes 7.6.1 from Apple.

2. Open iTunes and connect iPhone making sure iTunes detects phone.

3. Launch ZiPhone and click the "Refurbish" option in ZiPhone to re-lock the iPhone to factory defaults.

4. Once the process is done, close zIphone and let the iPhone get redetected by iTunes, it will say the phone software needs to be restored.... proceed with this option.

5. At some point you will get an error that there was an error installing the software and your iPhone will go dead! DO NOT PANIC. Hold the power on button and turn on the iPhone and reconnect to iTunes. A message will appear saying that the iPhone firmware needs to be restored. Proceed with this option. Let it finish it's operations. When done the phone will reconnect to iTunes and you will receive the message to activate your iPhone. At this point, close iTunes and leave the iPhone connected to the computer.

6. Launch ZiPhone v2.6b and select the "Do it All" option and let it do it's thing.... appx 4 minutes.
    Close zIphone when done.

7. Launch iTunes and voila, your iPhone is now reactivated and working on 1.14.

8. Resync your iphone to restore contacts, photo, music, etc

NOTE: Make sure to backup all you contacts, photos, etc via sync to your computer before you start.

• t-phone
    t-phone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how do u get the internet to work for the iphone with a t-mobile chip in it??? i need help!!!!!!!

• tyrone
    tyrone Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

dude...You are the MAN!!!!!! I tried 5 to 6 different methods to get youtube to work...they all FAILED...your method worked PERFECTLY!!!!! Thanks a lot bro...I am greatful for your knowledge!!!!!

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

dammit!

After downloading a 1.1.4 firmware zip package, it automatically uncompresses and a whole lot of folders appear, after pressing the option key and the restore button, itunes opens a window for me to select the package, but none of these files can be selected!

Can anybody help?

• Zadehinotu
    Zadehinotu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i tried mikeys youtube fix... everything went smoothly, until the part where my iphone resets after it is done... my father has a password for locking the iphone, i turned auto-locking to NEVER like said. after iphone reseted settings, it is now stuck in the "connect to itunes" display, and itunes said that it cannot connect to the iphone because i need to input the lock code on the iphone, but iphone doesnt allow me to input the code. only make emergency calls. helps on getting past this, or some way to reverse everything i did

• sohbet
    sohbet Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Thank you. You have helped someone more than you could know.