iPhone 4S Call Audio Issues May Not be Fixed in iOS 5.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 4S Call Audio Issues May Not be Fixed in iOS 5.1

Apple is yet to fix the call audio bugs plaguing iPhone 4S users (and maybe even iPhone 4 users) that we had reported couple of months back.

In the last two months, the discussion thread on Apple's website that was opened on the issue has gone from 36 pages to a whopping 110 pages, indicating that the issue is affecting many iPhone users.

One user on the forum, who initiated the thread complaints:

Read the full story here

Comments

• @iLikeTech_
    @iLikeTech_ Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I didn't have these problems with my AT&T 4S or my Sprint 4S.
  • masikr
    masikr Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i get the same problem on my iphone 4 all audio is muted but the person on the other end can still hear me it only happens when im trying to ring my girlfriend who also has an iphone 4 it never happened before i upgraded to ios5
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    I bought the 4S 16GB in Denmark with a Danish service provider. I have the same problem.. So it seems it not just limited to Verizon.. However it is only on outbound calls, and I can hear the other end, they just can't hear me.. I hang up and call again and then the audio works.. My service provider works on the theory that the problem might have something to with the type of sim card I've got.. So I'm picking up a new one later this week.. Think that they called the problem free sim card a USIM card if that helps anyone..
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress
    I did have that problem with a replacement that i got from att after my first 4S, what i did was to hit Speaker button and then turn back to normal use of the speaker, and it works, but as it was new, i took it again to the app store the genius over there replace again the phone... =)
  • sergio
    sergio Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    I am on Vodafone Pt and have experienced no such issues.
  • zak
    zak Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    i have a 4s on o2 in the uk and i have this problem too
  • Iain
    Iain Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    My ear always hits the mute button but apart from that all is fine.
  • axe
    axe Posts: 185
    via Wordpress
    I hv this problem 1 month after using 4s. It's very disturbing.
  • jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    Had this problem for quite a while now lol thought it wasn't a big deal though, it's been getting on my nerves lately because of the longer wait periods
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    My wife gets it on her iPhone 4. She also thinks she touches the mute button with ear. I have 4s. Haven't had any trouble
  • Vidiya
    Vidiya Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If the problem bothers you I cannot understand why you don't take the silly thing back and claim your money. This is an expensive item and should work correctly leastly on the important things.
  • Jens
    Jens Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi MartinIv got the same problem but only when i used headset.Apple took the phone back and i got a new one.No problem now.
  • stef
    stef Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I thought i experienced this making a call on Viber.. call connected but i could not hear them. dont know if they could hear me. tried twice this outgoing.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Oh no that is really bad. What is Apple upto?
  • Alfroggy
    Alfroggy Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Viber is another issue.
  • Mctint
    Mctint Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I recently bought the iPhone 4s 16gb and sometimes have this problem. When I make a call it seems like I can talk through my own speaker and I cannot hear the other person even though the call count has started. Everytime I get this I activate the phone speaker and then de-activate it and the phone works perfectly!
  • Souple
    Souple Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have a similar problem, but it only effects outgoing calls if I am connected to WiFi. If I disable WiFi before calling it works fine. Incoming calls are not effected.I'm on AT&T with an iPhone 4s.
  • Bouchie
    Bouchie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    My ear keeps switching on the mute button or loud speaker too, annoying and sometimes the screen stays black when I remove it from my ear,never had that with my 3GS!
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Mine is Working Fine...! No problems!!!! The only problem that I have is: This Phone is too fast...!
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    I have the same problem can't hear outbound calls but if I put it on speaker from the start then turn it off when call starts it works fine deff annoying after awhile.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    A few times a day calls I make off my 64g iPhone 4s end up muted or on hold. I'm not pushing the mute button either. this is an annoying bug.
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Did u Take out the plastic protector from the front? Cause I did and it works now..! LoL
  • RB
    RB Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I have the AT&T 64 GB 4s. The phone has so many bugs in it, i don't know where to start. I have missed phone calls that do not even register in the phone and go to voicemail, calls that behave like you described in the article. What is up with reminders app? it locks up 99% of the time that I attempt to use it! Siri is a joke, if you are not in total silence it barely even works and has too many limitations. I was going to return it to Apple but was hoping Apple would fix the iOS issue by now, if it is an iOS. I switched over to the 4s due to the lag time in opening apps, etc. What is going on at Apple? Do they not realize how many people they are pissing off that have the tech backgrounds to know that the phone is really malfunctioning and not just a user error? My 2005 Nokia brick phone was 100 times better than this iPhone 4s. Something needs to be done. Everyone should take the two plus hours and call Apple and talk to their Corporate Resolution Staff not just technical support. Raise hell! In a polite way of course. We paid good money for these phones.
  • PebsUK
    PebsUK Posts: 41
    via Wordpress
    64GB 4s on o2 UK and regularly get the issue
  • Edwin Alcaraz
    Edwin Alcaraz Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    have a white 64gb iPhone 4s and I've been getting this issue a lot.. didn't know it was wide spread but it is annoying to say the least
  • Perry P
    Perry P Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Had the same issue, randomly could not hear the outgoing call. Took the 4S to apple, they confirmed the problem and gave me a new phone. No questions asked. So far so good with the new iPhone......
  • hatem
    hatem Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I've ulocked iphone 4s and I'm suffering from this very annyoying problem! If this is not resolved promptly I guess I've to buy some other phone.
  • ზურა
    ზურა Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    სამწუხაროდ, მეც ანალოგიური პრობლემა მაქვს iPhone 4S-ზე :(როდესაც ვრეკავ სადმე, მეორე მხარეს ხმა მესმის, მაგრამ ჩემი ხმა არ ისმის.იმედია IOS 5.1-ში ამ პრობლემას მოაგვარებენ
  • Ashley
    Ashley Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I bought my iphone 4s November 4th. I had the same problem the 2nd day I bought the phone. I got my 2nd iphone 4s December 6th and had the same problem with that phone the same day too! I am very upset. I switch from being a sprint user for 10 years to going with Verizon. I had problems with my old phone through sprint, ended up switching with Verizon to have more problems with the iphone 4s . Not a happy camper.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    I agree I hate this problem.