AT&T Announces New Smartphone And Tablet Data Plans - Here's What You Need to Know

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Announces New Smartphone And Tablet Data Plans - Here's What You Need to Know

AT&T has just announced new data plans for smartphone and tablet users with larger data limits effective from January 22nd.

Back in June 2010, AT&T killed their unlimited data plans and started offering their smartphone and iPad customers tiered data plans.

Here's a snippet from today's announcement:

Customers are using more mobile broadband data than ever before.

Read the full story here

Comments

• erick
    erick Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    so are they doing this for the vita too
  • Smerf
    Smerf Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    They probably ha to change it since they are acquiring the ps vita next month on the 22nd. They probably felt that they needed to put out more data since more is gonna be used up
  • Love
    Love Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I dont get it why's it so expensive? I have a Rogers plan for 50$ with 1 mb and it's awesome
  • Love
    Love Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I mean gb . Its really hard to go over
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Woa, this is crazy expensive, I'm glad I still have the unlimited plan from the good ol' days. How in the world are they not offering those anymore...
  • MatTtT
    MatTtT Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    **** AT&T suck a **** with aids.
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    That plans really sucks...! I'm very happy to be costumer since unlimited plans for $20 dollars..! And I used MyWi for my iPad and Laptop...! and I hope the JB comes tomorrow to use MyWi on my 4S... He he he
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    Those plans... Sry..!
  • Dmagic1
    Dmagic1 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    So what about the throttling? Does that mean they will stop or continue?Considering they throttle at around 2GB, will they now stop doing that. You cant have someone pay $50 a month for 5GB and then throttle them at 2gb.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    The throttling issue only affects users who are on the grandfathered unlimited data plan.
  • Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress
    I haven't been throttled yet and I've been averaging over 5 GB
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    still do not get it, why tethering costs money, if one already paid for his 2GB, why should he pay additional?i understand IF there was an unlimited data, then paying for tethering sounds reasonable, but paying for data i paid already... Once i though Americans know how to boycott. seems not really...
  • Augustine
    Augustine Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    how? you are the one messing up for all of us.
  • Augustine
    via Wordpress
    as much as i love my country, america is the worse at boycotting.... if there is money to be made, or gained screw boycotting :)
  • Augustine
    via Wordpress
    this is just to off set costs for the "4g" deployment. but since they all do the same, can't fault at&t...
  • adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress
    F*ck att. Everyone switch to sprint. 79.99 unlimited mobile to mobile txt and data.
  • none
    none Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I hope AT&T goes out of business
  • LoganExplosion
    LoganExplosion Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Oh. So now it's gonna be $80+ for the minimum of everything. Sweet. I really wish something would come along that's a better deal (and have coverage in my area)..
  • Rip-off
    Rip-off Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    What a rip of, with the 200mb/300mb switch. so stupid.At first i didnt even want internet period. but they forced me. and now the only add 100mb, and $5 dollars more. thats even more of a rip off
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Can you believe if I (with my unlimited plan) wanted to make my phone a hotspot, AT&T told me I'd have to change my plan to one of the tiered pricing which is basically downsizing my usage. Geez!
  • Duhhh
    Duhhh Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    and throttling if you try to use it.
  • Duhhh
    Duhhh Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Same here but, fat chance!
  • Notyourbusiness
    Notyourbusiness Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    My average is about 15 GB !! And you know what ? Is not your business ! I PAY for unlimited because was the only plan that they had back then !!!! Before was $20 per month for unlimited.
  • Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Time to just get regular phone, I only use my Iphone on wi-fi at home & work 99% of the time anyway. AS tight as everyone's money is I can't justify the increase $$ of my plan, glad I am not under contract on my plan!
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Hey, T-Mobile offers $49.99 per line for two lines (minimum) with unlimited talk, text & web. Yes, they throttle after 2GB on that plan, but you can up that limit to 4GB for $10 and can do so for just one month if you want. In addition, even at throttled speeds on T-Mobile, you can get 720p video streaming from Netflix (at least we do). Depending on how you have it setup, you can also add additional lines at a discounted rate with or without data.As for lower cost options, there are plenty out there, the last I checked, there are the following options: With T-Mobile, our total for 5 lines is about $100 with taxes and fees (2 Lines have unlimited talk, text & web and 3 lines have 500 Anytime minutes, unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile, unlimited text and unlimited night and weekend minutes) and the only reason it is that high is because we have some equipment on monthly payment plans.MetroPCS (uses Sprint's network, but is available in limited areas) offers $100 (Total, including all taxes and fees) per month for four lines with unlimited talk, text & web. And you add unlimited international calling for something like $10 per line per month.H2O Wireless (works with iPhones locked to AT&T and uses AT&T's network) offers unlmited talk, text and 1 GB of data for $60/month.Boost Mobile (use's sprint's network) offers an unlimited everything plan for $50 per month per line.Straight talk offers unlimited talk, text and web for $45/month.Yes, many of these are prepaid, but what does that matter? And no, the iPhone won't work with all of them (although an unlocked iPhone will work with many of them). That being said, most, if not all offer Android phones that work on these plans.
  • iPhoneMikey
    iPhoneMikey Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Who in their right f*cking mind would want to have their iPhone on a network like Sprint?! First of all, their data speeds s*ck (iPhone or not), secondly their call quality is poor, and thirdly... CDMA is just bad to begin with... But if you absolutely have to, pay the little extra and go to Verizon - I'm with AT&T and I'm completely 100% happy with them since the iPhone 1st gen, and every iPhone since... But Sprint - No... I tried my company line with the iPhone and it was horrible... Just saying! You get what you pay for... If you want Sprint, you may as well get an Android and go with Cricket/Metro - Same difference!
    via Wordpress
    Those limits are pathetic. The 5 gb is a reasonable if it was the low end plan. I used to average 20-30 gb a month with a high of 40 once. And I don't want to hear anyone say that I'm abusing my unlimited plan because that what it was there for to be USED. AT&T is right in their statent people do use and want more data. But they overcharge and ration data too much for the masses to be able to take advantage of it
  • ATTard
    ATTard Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    AT&T should offer free unlimited text with all their plans instead of charging for $20. One of the reason I rather use T-Mobile.
  • Gorby
    Gorby Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    U must be a real wuss of a user or female if u think thats hard to go over or is a lot...
  • Gorby
    Gorby Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Such BS. data costs less than voice for them which is why text was free in the late 90s.How about an unlimited family plan regardless of device or number of devices for $50 a month? Listen to you customers or you will perish. Anonymous where are you when we need u?