greenpois0n Absinthe: Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Released [Updated]

Comments

• Denis
    Denis Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
  • J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress
    Make sure you don't have a password on your device. If you do it will likely not work. If you tried jailbreaking with a password on, just turn the password off, unplug the device, plug it back in and retry jailbreak
  • UeViper
    UeViper Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Any idea when the website will be ok, should i keep tapping the icon? or is there a a step im not doing?
  • J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress
    are your passcodes off? if not disable and reattempt jb
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Absinthe started then froze after approx 5%. Same as PT above. Safe to remove cable or close Absinthe?! Been waiting for 15 mins and the progress bar isn't moving.
  • crs
    crs Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have the same prob im on osx 10.5.8
  • B Page
    B Page Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    tried that... no luck.... still stalling on "Beginning Jailbreak.."
  • Travis
    Travis Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    follow the step by step guide they provided on the main page, should work if you follow everything correctly..my passcode lock was the only thing holding me back from a successfully jailbreak
  • MitDev
    MitDev Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    First thank you for the great work to all the team member....For the issue ....Same here, it crashed the first time then every time I try to do it again it tell me that the jailbreak failed the first time and it finishes a recovery (Recovery completed) then it stops their... Any way to bypass this point. THANKS !!!!
  • Tony italiano
    Tony italiano Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    AHHHH ITS NOT WORKIN FOR ME AFTER THE JAILBREAK IS DONE WHEN I CLICK THE APP ON MY IPHONE ITS JUST A WHITE SCREEN AND NOTHING ELSE I DID IT AGAIN AND THE SAME THING I DID IT ON MY MAC -----------PLEASE HELP
  • han solo
    han solo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Am I the only person who realizes that dev for iphones requires the mac dev tools, so obviously they will be the first to get the jailbreak...come on stop complaning
  • Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    I'm getting the same error as well, tried the whole processes several times already... Probably high load, will try again tomorrow I guess.
  • mgmax
    mgmax Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Try to switch on VPN (Settings > Network > VPN > ON)
  • iPh.4 NeWb
    iPh.4 NeWb Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Ok this is all great.. but I am not getting any response elsewhere since dec 27th 2011 posts, so i have to ask here, I hope someone will be kind enough to take a few minutes or less to help me out and guide me in the right direction as I am clueless about the particular situation im stuck in with my iPhone 4's JB (not a 4S).Its been restored to 5.0.1 via iTunes for a regular restore, before I got my hands on it (never been jailbreaked as far as I know) and is on baseband 04.11.08. The untether for iPhone 4 (with or without baseband guide) is not convincing enough, many people are getting stuck in DFU and theres more failures than success rates. Any idea on when a gevey sim might come out for this before a solid Jailbreak? If im wrong someone please tell me what to do, ive had this piece of junk (caue its useless to me in thsi state, otherwise i love it) for over a month and i cant make calls. I NEED an unlcok somehow for this firmware/baseband I am unfortunately stuck on. Plus i dont get wifi everywhere which makes it even more frustrating as Viber was cool enough to help me make calls locally without a sim in a wWiFi area. Pay apps can suck it, im done with LITE apps and I want Cydia once and for all or **** Ive heard so much about!Someone please put me out of my misery by showing/telling me how/where I can find a JB/UNLOCK for my iPhone 4, 5.0.1/baseband 04.11.08.- HeLP!! =(
  • iPh.4 NeWb
    iPh.4 NeWb Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    PS - Im a Windows user. I have bootcamp for Mac as well, but I prefer Windows. If no solution exists, I am willing for a Mac solution as well. Thanks!
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress
    haha very well put brother! Bring on the Windows version!!!!
  • Alyemeni
    Alyemeni Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    wow that is excellent
  • MEDIE999
    MEDIE999 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    ok lets see if someone has this issue I have an iPhone (sprint) 4 on 5.01 but the model is an MD one Redsnow tries to jailbreak it but it never gets pass the reboot part , tried it on an ipodtouch with same model MD as iPhone 4, so do you think this one will do the trick??
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Worked great for me... wooohoooooo!!!
  • Reeses
    Reeses Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Acctually the devs only knew how to program for OS X. They said a port will be coming as soon as some guy gets back to his computer and re-writes it.
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Despite reboots and running via terminal. it fails stating Absinthe quit unexpectedly. on Mac Lion (all updated, latest iTunes etc...)
  • pat
    pat Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Yes, same problem here!
  • sidneysides
    sidneysides Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    **White Screen Solved!!!**I had tried for an hour and kept getting the white screen. The VPN thing never rebooted my iPad2.But finally I sorted it:Made sure all pass codes and locks were set to OFFRan the jailbreak again from the startThen DO NOT RUN ABSINTHE FROM YOUR IPAD2 OR IPHONE 4S - just do the VPN trick again. Mine said something like IPSec in the VPN config, but this time when I got the VPN error IT DID REBOOT! Then HURRAH! my Cydia icon was there! You don't actually need to run the Absinthe icon from your device! Hope this helps people!
  • Mr.garnica
    Mr.garnica Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Alright now all you cry babies I think it's fair for all of us to donate some feria to these hard working team
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    well i downloaded greenpois0n absinthe it downloaded unziped file on my mac osx 10.5.8 and wouldnt launch.. i dont know why it wont launch so if u know why or no how to fix it please reply thankyou.
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    they have mac version but it wont launch for me for some odd reason but go to greenpois0n.com and dowload it for mac
  • ijimmymac
    ijimmymac Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ran through it this morning. Aside from having to refresh refresh refresh til I connected it has worked, nearly, flawlessly. There were times where an odd icon would go blank. A simple respiring and it's back. I've rebooted several times, installed all my old jailbreak apps, and am trucking along. The only real issue is that bitesms is missing some of the bells and whistles it used to have. To be updated in the future so kind of a baseless complaint.
  • Nathan
    Nathan Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    do you think i could jailbreak my iphone 3gs with this software when it comes out for windows.. ive got my device jailbroke already with redsn0w but its running really slow. please help guys thanks
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Turn on VPN in settings below WIFI, it should cause the device to restart and then when it comes back on Cydia should be there! Worked for me anyway...