greenpois0n Absinthe: Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Released [Updated]

Options

Comments

• iPhone 4 neWb.
    iPhone 4 neWb. Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    wtf, i wrote something and it enver got posted, all that remains is this stupid scrap!Ok, here it is again, and I hope someone could be kind enough to help me out with this. I have an iPhone 4 which was restored to 5.0.1 firmware before I got it handed to me. It was with AT&T carrier, and I presume is still locked to that carrier. When I insert any other carrier sim, it refuses to acknowledge it. My baseband is stuck at 04.11.08 and I dont know if theres an unlock/jailbreak for this situation. Been stuck with this metal paper-weight brick for a month and no luck to get its call functionality working. As far as I know this phone has never been jailbroken. I am skeptical to procedure the Untethered Jailbreak I found somewhere here earlier to JB iPh.4, for the following 2 reasons:1) it makes a clashing statement about "this guide is for iPhone 4 running 5.0.1, etc.. BUT a few lines down says that I should download Custom firmware files for 5.0.1 from Apple and restore using the SHIFT+Restore method in iTunes. A lot of people have had problems getting stuck in DFU's, bootloops, white screens and general chaos and worse. I dunno if I want to take that risk, perhaps Ive misread the guide? I really need this sorted out, its gotten on my final nerves and i want to throw this shyt out the window. As patient as ive been, like many others as well, i cant seem to find a blog/post/somETHING to direct me towards a Jailbreak+Unlock for my iPhones situation. No Gevey sim out either for this baseband and I am just,.. so.. lost.. -HeLP!
  • iPhone 4 neWb.
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hey! are you currently on 5.0.1? Whats your baseband? Has your iPhone ever had a successful jailbreak before? Im kinda lost myself.. got a restored 5.0.1 iphone, unfortuntely the baseband was updated along with it. Someone assumed i could find the unlock/JB for this easily.. and that was 2 months ago.. boy were they wrong!After digging deep into the world of iphone hacks, hackers, blogs, pod2g, dev team and so much more.. i had concluded that i am not willing to take the risk unless i know the guide/instructions/software available does exactly as it should, with no errors.. Kinda how 4.x.x versions are easily JB'able. Since 5.0.x is still new there are lotta bugs pod2g and dev team and others have tried to erradicate (tops for the hard work and endless hours!!!!) , but none of it seems applicable to my situation.. i was wondering if u, or anyone else were in the same freaking boat.. which is slowly sinking.
  • r0ni
    r0ni Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Arghhhh... Got to wait a little bit longer for windows version
  • UeViper
    UeViper Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Mine works perfect after the second time, what i did was upgrade itunes to the latest version and all went according to the instructions posted by the DEV team....
  • Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Guys this is awesome! Thank you! But I'm having troubles. When I open Absinthe it opens fine and I hit jailbreak which is fine. But then it stalls on "Beginning Jailbreak, this may take awhile." then after about 10 minutes Absinthe just crashes. Anybody know what's up?
  • yeeppp
    yeeppp Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    im on 10.5.8 and its doing the same thing!:(
  • MacLloyd
    MacLloyd Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When I ran Absinthe, it detected my iPad, I clicked Jailbreak and the progress bar went about 10% and stopped there. I waited about 10 minutes, quit the app and restarted. It said that I had apparently tried to jailbreak and had failed and that it would fix the error. It recovered (says recovery completed), the progress bar is full, but it isn't doing anything with my iPad.Any help?
  • iPhone Guy
    iPhone Guy Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You can jailbreak the iPhone 4, but you can't unlock the 4.11.08 baseband. It will still be a paperweight for you.
  • Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Everything worked great! Thanks greenpois0n team. On iphone 4s just had to reload Absinthe a couple times and it connected and on iPad 2 turned on VPN and it said it wouldnt do it and then restarted and cydia was there. Excellent job. And all those PC users out there complaing: stop being cheap and get a Mac and appreciate that they'll even put this for you guys.
  • Joe Flood
    Joe Flood Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    absinthe cant seem to find my iphone 4s when i open it anybody else having this problem?
  • shazli
    shazli Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Friends I jailbreak my iPad 2 with absinthe and after that facetime is opening but not call functionality is working only contact are showing is there any solution please help :(
  • dp
    dp Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    YES!!! Follow these instructions by sidneysides if you want your iPad2 to complete the jailbreak process. No need to run the Absinthe icone just go straight to settings/network/vpn and turn it to on....you will get the VPN error and then it will reboot. I spent hours trying it all the other ways. THANK YOU sidneysides and of course the Jailbreak DReam TEam
  • Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Wankers! NOW DONATE!
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Oh.... its not working on my iPhone 4s..... just sits at a white screen all day.... zzzzzz...... worked well on the iPad though. :) thanks.
  • Moodi
    Moodi Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I start with my iPad2 and it worked like a charm . Then i did with my iPhone 4GS , had the icon but did not work and I think it is because the server is down. I think when this problem is solved it will work. Remember there are millions who wants to jailbreak and heavy load on the server caused this, So it brook down.Thanks DREAM TEAM you are great and did it.
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    Options
    the application absinthe quit unexpectedly WTF???? sum1 help plz!!
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    Options
    will absinthe ever be available for the iphone 4 if its not already? please say yes.
  • iPhone 4 neWb.
    via Wordpress
    Options
    crap. thanks for the update. so maybe i should consider selling this one off somehow and getting an unlocked one instead. Atleast I can JB and use it as a phone. Thanks.
  • Celenia
    Celenia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have the same problem here it does not reboot after A configuration error occured sign appears.
  • Trapp
    Trapp Posts: 109
    via Wordpress
    Options
    1 try on another comp:-it works - get new com stop whining-it doesn't - you totaaly suc need step by step diy to jb?! get a life and pay for jbreaking
  • SMILEYLEG
    SMILEYLEG Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Works great on the iPad and the iphone (mostly). The only minor problem on the iPhone is that when I go to settings and select GENERAL, it crashes. It may not be the jb, but may be one of the jb programs I installed from Cydia. Like I said, it's minor and I'm able to do everything, but access the hardly missed GENERAL. I may restore the iphone and try again because the ipad is not having the problems and I installed the same programs except Tetherme (which didn't make a difference in General on the iphone when I deleted it. It still crashed.). Let me know if anyone is having issues with GENERAL crashing.Smiley :-)
  • SMILEYLEG
    SMILEYLEG Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Experienced one more problem. PRE-JB: I use to be able to connect to my computer (screen share) using a VNC program, on my iPad 2, but now it won't connect POST-JB.
  • Gourke
    Gourke Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Even 0.4 is not working for me. I have got 4S 64 GB 9A406 and Win 7 64bit.Absinthe stops after creating a file in C drive which is just about 1 GB size and then it stops in the beginning jailbrake phase.
  • Musikman
    Musikman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    When I ran Absinthe, it detected my iPad, I clicked Jailbreak and the progress bar went about 10% and stopped there. I waited about 10 minutes, quit the app and restarted. It said that I had apparently tried to jailbreak and had failed and that it would fix the error. It recovered (says recovery completed), the progress bar is full, but it isn’t doing anything with my iPad.Just the same cycle again and again. Please help....Thanks
  • Musikman
    Musikman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Same as ur problem let me know if u reaches anything I even tried on Mac and pc !!!
  • eleanor
    eleanor Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i tried that and it didn't work
  • arthur
    arthur Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I update os 5.1 and i lost my jailbreak when is going to be on os 5.1 jailbreak ?
  • Andeesh
    Andeesh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    With greetings!during of jailbreak of my iphone 4s it need to on the VPN, but gives massage of VPN "error in VPN configuration.please guide me to jailbreak my iphone.Best Regards