Samsung Continues Ridiculing iPhone Buyers in Its Latest Galaxy S II Ad

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSamsung Continues Ridiculing iPhone Buyers in Its Latest Galaxy S II Ad

Samsung's newest ad for the Galaxy S II continues its anti-iPhone campaign by highlighting the lack of free, in-built turn-by-turn navigation on the iPhone.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Rammsetin
    Rammsetin Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Hahaha Ijust got rid of my android tablet to go back to an Ipad 2. Ipad 2 shits on Android
  • Edwin Alcaraz
    Edwin Alcaraz Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    "that looks like an iphone.. oh wait, it's just a samsung" wtf is samsunged?
  • Wazzalisk
    Wazzalisk Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    It's samsung trying to be cool... but failing.
  • AndiWhitts
    AndiWhitts Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Samsung just has it? Doesn't mean a free version that comes with the phone is better than a Tom Tom app you pay for, plus iPhone comes with Maps which does me. And why does the Samsung's UI look identical to iOS in that picture? They are saying the iPhone looks like last years but then they are still copying it?
  • Dominic
    Dominic Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    iPhone will always be the front runner,Samsung's got a huge CHIP on their shoulders.Go Apple-Stuff u Samsung
  • Dominic
    via Wordpress
    iPhone will always be the front runner,Samsung's got a huge CHIP on their shoulders.Go Apple
  • KillerPubes
    KillerPubes Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    Navfree GPS Live, free fully functioning tomtom substitute available on the AppStore, 4 stars in reviews, as good as any other GPS system.I think Samsung just look desperate with this marketing, anyone who has held both phones side by side will tell you as good as the S2 is, it just isn't an iPhone. It does a decent job trying to be an iPhone but it falls short.
  • Dominic
    via Wordpress
    Lol,who can use their built in GPS
  • jussayin
    jussayin Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    hmmmm the exec's of samsung just jealous that there are never queues to by their phones, so having a cheap swipe at apple...
  • Honest Joe
    Honest Joe Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I think the spots are great, considering the brief these guys must have had. I mean who wants to go to a meeting on a Monday morning to be told "you got the new Samsung campaign Dave, now go and make some ads that'll put people off buying an iPhone!"Ooh, tough morning :-)
  • aj
    aj Posts: 82
    via Wordpress
    I'm not in favor of any particular company over the other, but it's because of all the people buying a 4s that are contributing to the cause of these sh*tty updates apple gets to get away with!!!The one part I do agree in the commercial is the part where the guy said "that looks just like last years model"Apple Isn't at fault for this!!!The fault is all of us, they just capitalize on our stupidity!!!!
  • Zhen
    Zhen Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Nothing beats the quality of an iPhone, tried purchasing a Sam. Gal. II before but I've stuck with my iPhones since,when you first hold an iPhone you want it, if you first hold the Galaxy you wonder how quickly the phone would break.
  • Caspian
    Caspian Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Samsung doesn't realize that by making fun of Apple customers, they are poisoning their own sales of ALL of their other products. Do they think Apple customers are going to feel disposed to purchase their fridges, washing machines, TV's etc. I know I'll be looking for a company that is less childish.
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Samsung is trying really hard, but thats about it.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Its stuff like this that makes me loose respect for Samsung as a buyer. The next time I will buy a TV it will for sure not be a Samsung. Perhaps LG or maybe even Apple. But hey thats just me.
  • Paradox
    Paradox Posts: 327
    via Wordpress
    Personally I love the motionX series both for their navigation app, and their geotracking/geotagging app. both cheap, both top class.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Like +1That would be a bad morning
  • City023
    City023 Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Why do you think the Galaxy S II is imitating the iPhone? Cause ever since the iPhone release the flip phone vanished. They are still playing the catch ip game.Every imitator want to look like the full touch screen iPhone. FYI, the galaxyS II feels le a toy. And the plastic on it feels more fragile than Any iPhone.
  • Paradox
    via Wordpress
    Sorta repeating what others say from a slightly different angle.I think instead of showing one feature of the samsung in the commercial to try and take something away from apple, they need to have a commercial tat shows the phone and what it does in all its glory. If I was in the market for a new phone and knew nothing about either the iPhone or the samsung; these commercials may swing me away from apple, but by no means would they drive me to buying a samsung. I'd probably end up walking out of the store with a Motorola razor before the galaxy II... just from a marketing standpoint....All commercials equal however, apples still does the best job in telling you what the phone is capable of doing and making that attractive. Samsung shows very little to nothing, and motorola razor while not showing much functionality at least has incredibly flashy commercials which do draw you into the hype of the phone.
  • chrispx
    chrispx Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Waze is another free alternative with turn-by-turn directions. It can even give traffic updates.
  • Waiting
    Waiting Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    That's hilarious, even if samsung is crap
  • abaz
    abaz Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    f**k you samsung.iphone is the best 4ever
  • Moy
    Moy Posts: 56
    via Wordpress
    Where have I seen this before?that's right samsung is so desperate for sales,attention that their doing what most new rappers do they hate on,talk that bull of other famous rappers just to get noticed. Samsung's a nobody trying too hard.!!
  • HP
    HP Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Samsung is failing? They're the number one phone vendor in the world buddy. Apply managed to ban Samsung products in parts of the world, and when the ban was lifted, Samsung outsold the apple products in those same areas.
  • HP
    HP Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Maybe you guys are too young, but for those who doesn´t know apple has done same kind of attack for ages in its competitors.
  • Sampple
    Sampple Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    All I've read is comments with no content. Data with nothing to back it up. Fanboys have the most dumbest thing to say. You're not good at persuading anyone that the iPhone is better.
  • Juveniles
    Juveniles Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I' ve used that Samsung skyrocket and I got to admit it that it's fast and it does everything that the iPhone does but it doesn't run apps as smooth as the iPhone since most apps are not made specially for the samsung sII just sold it today buying a 4s tomorrow
  • Edwin Alcaraz
    Edwin Alcaraz Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Samsung isn't outselling Apple you dummy.. Android is.. as a whole. Look at the recent reports on this website that say Apple has caught up on market share with Android.. not Samsung... dumb dumb
  • OGT
    OGT Posts: 230
    via Wordpress
    I'm happy with my 4S Jailbreak...