Lifeproof Claims iPhone Case is Waterproof, Dirtproof, Snowproof & Shockproof

Options
2»

Comments

• Tru
    Tru Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Absolutely love my life proof! I haven't tried to drown my phone, but I have had several accidents, and my phone is unharmed. I have bought over 12 cases... This is my favorite!
  • Sandy
    Sandy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Have lifeproof case, had phone in my hand and friend knocked our of my hand. Fell to ground and screen shattered! NOT HAPPY WITH THIS CASE AT ALL!
  • emily
    emily Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My life proof case worked well at first, I am a swimming coach and I did some underwater videoing of one of my teams, Then a couple months later, the case was closed and in my pocket while i walked in knee deep salt water to get on my boat. My phone is toast. Get it, use it, but don't trust it. They will replace the case, but not the phone.
  • brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Works great!!! Being a woodworker I'm exposed to a lot of fine dust that has wiped out all my other phones. Lifeproof handled it!! I also swim in salt water and fresh with phone and have had not one issue. Only time I open the case was to install phone, that's it. Charger port latch is very durable!
  • meini
    meini Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    dont buy!!!! used it on my new iphone 4s, did all the checks and tests then took it for a swim, worked fine for a while and then a small quantity of water leaked inside and fried my phone, thats 900 euros.....so do not buy
  • Natalie
    Natalie Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I bought the Lifeproof case on their website about a week ago, got it yesterday, this morning my 2 year old dropped it from about 6 inches from the ground and the entire screen is smashed. Yeah, might be waterproof, but I guess I should have stayed with the Otterbox for the shockproof. It makes it difficult to type anyway, but now it's really difficult with a broken screen. Guess I'm calling tomorrow when they reopen to get my $70 back...and no, I'm an not an idiot, the case was easy enough to put on, but the flimsy plastic on the front won't protect it from drops...at least not directly onto the face of the phone anyway.
  • Natalie
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Agreed! I didn't even have a chance to water test the damn thing, it didn't stand the FIRST drop. :( VERY DISAPPOINTED.
  • Natalie
    via Wordpress
    Options
    How about the plastic on the screen doesn't protect your screen from shattering...yep, happened about 4 hours ago & I'm still highly pissed about it. Have to live with the cracked screen until next year when I can afford to upgrade. Damn it.
  • Natalie
    via Wordpress
    Options
    THANK YOU - I'm glad I am not the only one! I was SO optimistic - I've had the Otterbox for awhile and it was good, but I'm going to Jamaica in 11 days and thought hey - let's swim in the ocean with our iPhones...yeah, screen shattered in less than 24 hours. BS.
  • What
    What Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    None of these shock complaints make any sense gorilla glass alone should handle most if these issues let alone with extra case protection
  • Teague Kelley
    Teague Kelley Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've placed my phone in the toilet, in the sink, I've taken showers with it, I've gone swimming with it, I've gone snowboarding with it, I've done it all. I love the case. I dropped it once out of my truck and it still works perfectly and even better, my phone doesn't have a single scratch or crack.
  • Teague Kelley
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I agree with above. Theres a comment section for a reason. People like to know what they're buying.
  • Teague Kelley
    via Wordpress
    Options
    then return it to life proof. from my understanding they replace it after something like that happens
  • Teague
    Teague Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    let me get this straight... dropped it 6 inches? theres no way it shattered the screen from 6 inches off the ground. even without a case on the iPhone 6 inches will not shatter the glass. You're high
  • cos
    cos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I bought this case in Ukraine, namely in the online store http://iphonemarket.com.ua/ and was very pleased after purchasing
  • rondude
    rondude Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    no you're wrong because my screen shattered from a fall less than 6 inches without the case.
  • kylee
    kylee Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well, a lot of people who like to relax in a bath usually listen to music. But, if you dont have the case your phone gets wet. So who gives a flying F if noone showers with it. I have it and I use it when im relaxing in the tub. K thanks.
  • Euny
    Euny Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    My screen shattered in the LIFEPROOF case for no reason.I did not drop it. It was sitting on my work desk, it suddenly lighted up, so I grabbed it to see what I got then I noticed the lines, i thought my case got dirty then I felt the shattered glass while I was un-locking the phone.I do not know how this can happen. I am very confused. I do not know who to contact to appeal my case. If I dropped the phone, I would at least guess what could have caused it, but how can the screen shatter just by itself?
  • Lisa
    Lisa Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    some of y'all are so rude. who cares if he takes a shower with his IPhone. and I have two friends have it and it works!
  • iPhone blows
    iPhone blows Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I plan on getting this for my iPad3 which functions as a work tool, I provide tech support for aircraft, aerospace and military grade vehicles and have dropped previous devices while I've been upside down, underneath, and other places I've been in these vehicles, I've seen the product used firsthand and it works if you install it right
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I finally broke down and got my first iPhone & LifeProof case just a month ago! I have never dropped it or even wanted to submerge it in water. I am not one who is hard on phones as I had my last phone for nearly 8 yrs. Yesterday proved to me that the case it a piece of CRAP! My phone is smashed to pieces with no rhyme or reason! It looks like something was smashed into it or it was dropped when it was just in a side pocket of my purse! All the case did was keep the glass encased instead of scattered around in my purse! What the crap!? I think I would be more accepting of the situation if I had actually done something to my phone but the fact that I didn't and the case obviously did not protect it at all is what bothers me!
  • terry
    terry Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Lol , for those who had cracked screen so easily are probably just plain unlucky , i used the lifeproof case and i purposely submerged my case in water after testing the waterproof to test if its working with my phone in it and it worked. So no complains there. As for the cracked screen , its just unlucky as i said. i've dropped the phone from as high as 1.5M high and it did not crack every time i dropped it (rarely) cause it hits the corner only. Compared to 2 of my friends who bought the iphone 4s which is newer than my iphone 4s by a few months , they dropped their iphone for the 1st time and the screen cracked on them already. So if your screen cracked so easily you are probably just unlucky , At times i even place it on the top of the toilet bowl to play music while i bath without a case (i haven't gotten the LP case yet) and the iphone slid to the corner of the toilet bowl's top surface (where it stores water) and fell to the concrete ground right beside a drain. the phone was a little wet but totally no cracks , just a few scratches on the antennagate..
  • terry
    terry Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Options