AssistantConnect: Jailbreak Tweak Makes it Easier to Get Siri Working on Non-iPhone 4S Devices Witho

Options

Comments

• M81
    M81 Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Oh and make sure spire prixy info field is empty
  • duhh
    duhh Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just buy an iPhone 4s! I sold my iPhone4 on eBay bought an iPhone4s and made $50
  • kapil
    kapil Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    still the same error
  • Nokto
    Nokto Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Nice. This is a start. I can imagine a scheduled event on both devices that sync info automatically in the near future. That will be sweet.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Getting same SIri error can't take requests on Iphone4. Also 4S Phone is saying the same thing, anyone else having this problem with 4S phone after installing AssistantConnect
  • Texan
    Texan Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Options
    it worked for me... running on iphone 4... flawlessly!
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    you running on IOS 5.0.1? Also are you using SPire, I disabled Spirehooks and removed the com.apple.assistant.pslt. It act's like its being rejected by the server
  • Gooze
    Gooze Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well...for those of you who got it working, congrats. Unfortunately, I think many of us can't get this working. My wife has an Iphone 4S, so I could easily have her email me the file on a daily basis, but I keep getting the Siri Error saying that "There's something wrong, and I can't help you right now."Maybe there is an update coming which would help out. Who knows.
  • Nokto
    Nokto Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    A quick fix would be DropBox. That way you can save to dropbox or email. If you share a folder, they could open DropBox, go to shared folder. click it and open with AssistantConnect from within Dropbox. This would do for now.Until they figure out a way to send it after it get's renewed each day, to the selected 1-5 people you would like to share it with. Maybe phone UDID as send and receive automatically. Optional of course. Meaning: Auto Send - option on/option off.
  • Jay Stinson
    Jay Stinson Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    For those of you having problems. Be sure to email through Microsoft mail or similar client. When i tried to email using yahoo I noticed yahoo would not send the file properly. It was sending a blank empty file. When I used maul it worked flawlessly. Follow the directions on the assistantconnect 4s page to a tee and you should be good. I'm still having trouble getting it on my pad2 though. Assistantconnect doesn't see spire. Anybody got a suggestion?
  • Jay Stinson
    Jay Stinson Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The regular spire version won't install on my ipad2. How did you do this?
  • RiCo
    RiCo Posts: 51
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Still wont work!!!!! Do you have to enter a proxy add ? Cause it keep showing spire is not configure. Do u need to delete com.apple.assisant ? Delete it before copying the assistant connect ?PLS give detailS so the rest of us wont get confused. Try this many times. But still wont work.
  • Dragon Queen
    Dragon Queen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    After installing this app with Spire I can no longer access my Yahoo IM as we'll other apps. Is there a fix for this?
  • Texan
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm on ios 5.0.1. Screw spire.. that thing didnt work for me. here's what i did...How to Install Siri on iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G Without Proxy:Step 1: Jailbreak your iPhone 4. You can use Redsn0w to do that and we have already posted about it.Step 2: Cydia would have been installed now. Launch it. You will have to add a repo source to the Source on the app.Add repo.siriport.ru to the Source.Step 3: Hit the App store on Cydia and Install Siriport app. Once you’ve installed it, reboot the iPhone 4.Step 4: Now this is where it gets a bit lengthy. In order to get Siri working, you need an iPhone 4S certificate. You can get that by pointing your browser to siriport.ru/1.crt.- since the reboot messes up my network and my apps, instead of rebooting, I do "reset all settings"under settings>general.. when you set up the phone, make sure you click "set up new iphone" instead of back up from icloud or computer. it wont erase anything. Try this... goodluck...
  • karim
    karim Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    John thanks. I finally got it to work on my iPad 1 after your sbsettings changes.
  • Shane
    Shane Posts: 59
    via Wordpress
    Options
    If I have previously tried the other Siri mode then it won't work, re do jailbreak and follow instructions, had the same issue with one of my iPhone 4
  • kapil
    kapil Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    not workin same error
  • iOS5
    iOS5 Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    Options
    That process is too long. I have it working on my iPad 2, iPad 1 my brothers iPhone 4, ipad 2 and about 15 other people's non- apple gizmos. Here is what you do, For iphone install spire and for iPad, spire for iPad/ipad 2 from cydia. reboot the iphone/ipad/ipad2.Note: Ipad/ipad 2... you will have a compatibility problem with Assistant Connect. You will have to SSH into your iPad. iFile is your best option.(1). Launch iFile and click on Disk - > System -> Library -> Core Services -> Springboard.app -> single tap on K93AP.plist or K94AP then tap on Property List Viewer now -> capabilities -> iPad... Turn is OFF then tap on Done on the right top corner.(2). Restart your iPad and start the process again from (1) At the end, turn iPad back ON and tap done.Go back to cydia and you can now install AssistantConnect.You will need the siri file sent from an iphone 4s to you mail. Any email works fine. I tried it on hotmail, yahoo, gmail, aol and my work email.In your mail app, choose open with AssistantConnect and you are good to go.For iphones, after installing Spire and restarting your iPhone you should be able to install Assistant connect and open the siri attachment in your email.I will send 10 people the siri file to try for a while. Let me know if you need help.laurnzo@aol.com
  • iOS5
    iOS5 Posts: 73
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Read my post at the bottom for the solution.
  • Texan
    via Wordpress
    Options
    if it doesn't work, just be patient. Mine didn't work over night then the next morning, i removed and reinstalled the siri crt. Then suddenly siri worked. I haven't done anything or any additional mods to it. So far she's still responding. Also when it finally works, you don't have to do that 24hr renew the certificate thing like what they're saying here. you're good, you just need to get in.
  • Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Perfect for my set up. I bought my wife 4s, and it is nothing to send a Siri email everynight. Takes 5 seconds. I have tried EVERY OTHER APP, TWEAK, OR ALTERNATIVE, you want siri!Sadly it won't work on 3G... Only wifi
  • Marcio
    Marcio Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    That works perfect!!But today ,I have spire to upgrade,and I have afraid if I do it ,Siri don't work anymore!
  • adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I use iphone 4 Version 5.01 now I Restore the iphone and I installedthe spire again After I deleted the AssistantConnect spire Does not work anymore get a problem like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJMGl5KtVYQDoes anyone know what the problem...?Thank you for the help....(:
  • Ryan.Allen
    Ryan.Allen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Getting the following error an error occured with loading Assistantconnet file
  • clintbxtreme
    clintbxtreme Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can someone share their 4s validation data to me daily? Please!!!! clintbxtreme@gmail.com
  • kryogenik
    kryogenik Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I worked perfect for me, but it lasted less than 24hrs more like 8hrs. just wish the info could be sent automatically from the 4S like presetting email addresses within assistant connect 4S and every 24hrs it sends an email to the preset emails in the app.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Works excellent. All u people having problems must set the spite proxy to https://guzzoni.apple.com, disable siri on non 4s, re-enable, than respring, than send fresh key from 4s, inject into non 4s, respring non 4s once more, than viola enjoy siri on non 4s!!
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Options
    And u people who'sKeys expire in less than 24 hrs on ur non 4s, well that's because ur real 4s key renewed itself on ur iPhone 4s, so simply send a new key and inject in on non 4s
  • bryan
    bryan Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It worked perfectly. If it did not work for you then look for the sbsettings fix in these comments, I know someone posted it. I have an iPhone 4s and I have a friend who spent over a month trying to get his proxy working. Went through the crap of accidently installing Ubuntu over windows and then more recently deleting his hard drive all for the dedication of getting it working. Today, I ported Siri to his and another friends iphone in about 10 minutes. The only downside, like stated in the article, is that you have to email these keys every day, and then they have to bother going in there email and downloading it. I can not expect to use this method for long term. So it would be great if they could add something to make the key send automatically when the old one expires and automatically open it up on their devices so we can set it and forget it.*Sent from my iPhone
  • IgnorantMasses
    IgnorantMasses Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    If you are so smart let's see you bring that to us? If you have that much complaints, either A. go get yourself a nice iPhone 4S or B. create the method yourself or C. shut your trap and wait because its free or D. don't use it at all. Developers have no obligation to take such "crap" from "crap" like you, they made it and put it out without being paid not to take negative comments such as this.