Windows Phone Takes on iPhone in Photo Speed Challenge [Video]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWindows Phone Takes on iPhone in Photo Speed Challenge [Video]

Hot of the heels of the Samsung Galaxy Note vs iPhone Street Challenge, provoked a debate in the comments section, Microsoft has also launched a new campaign to highlight that the Windows Phone is faster than the iPhone to do regular things like upload photos etc.

As you can see in the video below, Microsoft evangelist Ben “The PC Guy” Rudolph bets users $100 that Windows Phone is faster than their smartphones.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Babs
    Babs Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    That girl with the iphone is an idiot. Of course they wouldn't of gotten someone smarter who knew that double tapping the home button on a lock screen of ANY updated iphone would launch the camera app then instantly upload to facebook. So pathetic they'd get the average idiot to make their microsoft windows phone 'seem' faster.
  • Ryan Phan
    Ryan Phan Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    I don't understand why speed is a factor in posting pics to FB. I bet the iPhone 4S beats Windows in picture quality though.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    These "Street Comparisons" are a total joke and a lot of people probably don't know no better and believe this crap. What a joke.
  • Tali
    Tali Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I think she may be the typical iPhone user of the masses and only people that really look into how to use their iPhone would know about the double-tapping or the fact that you could use the volume up button to take pictures. Also, even if she had known about the double tapping, the iPhone would still lose in uploading to Facebook or Twitter for that matter because you can't share pictures immediately from the lockscreen camera. It will only let you preview the picture and delete it if you don't like it. I post pics to Facebook quite frequently and I'm grateful for a jailbreak tweak that allows my to do it natively like the twitter integration does.
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    Lol really microsoft uploading to FB is that important to users lol. I'm thinking the ability to take a great pic instead of an average one is better
  • Branden
    Branden Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    I love how all of them failed to see the vulnerability of someone grabbing their phone, taking a picture of something embarrassing, and uploading it to the phone owner's Facebook wall before they even realized their phone had been taken. Way to go, ignorant public. Also, Windows Phone might take a /faster/ picture, but it cannot compare to the quality of the photo taken by the iPhone 4S which only takes about a millisecond longer to take said photo in comparison.
  • Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    via Wordpress
    Strangely I'm rooting for MSFT here, don't know why though.
  • brianedee
    brianedee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Wait! Wait! Let me load up Solitaire on my iPhone, and then Solitaire on my windows phone and see which one does it faster! "Don't worry, some of you will get the joke!" ;-)
  • Florencia
    Florencia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Agreed!! This is just stupid
  • Pandaa xo
    Pandaa xo Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    I'm getting tired of them getting stupid whores that don't know about double tapping the home button. And with speed intensifier your phone is faster than lightning
  • Fara
    Fara Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Totally agree !! They have microsoft lead engineer there vs avarage (blond) chick lol ...
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    What they didn't show is the Microsoft guy having a bluescreen during 9 of the 10 takes they did ;)
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Because to upload a pic to facebook is SUCH a desired feature by the average smartphone user. The appstore, phone durability, style, usage, battery life, processor speed, camera quality, etc does not interest people that much. From now on all smart phones should be judged by how fast they can get a picture to facebook!
  • mhmm
    mhmm Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    If the average Iphone user doesn't know how to access the camera via double tapping the home button, I'm sure the same would be true for the Windows phone's hold-the-button-down trick.
  • JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    Please! CHALLENGE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO WORK A FUCKING IPHONE ASSHOLES!
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Guys don't get so defensive. MS is just trying to show some of the things it does well... it is still ok for others to do something well other than apple right?
  • Marco
    Marco Posts: 34
    via Wordpress
    What a stupid comparison!! Really, this is such a joke! Do a real world test between a Windows Phone and the iPhone 4s. The iPhone 4s will beat any Windows Phone by itself.
  • Wiilt
    Wiilt Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    Stupid, take any random GUY wih an iphone and you'll get your ass whooped.
  • adas
    adas Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • GAG
    GAG Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    yes because in my everyday life I post pictures to Facebook
  • wp7
    wp7 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I used both iphone4s and the windows phone lumia 800. for a dual core vs a single core the lumia speed is no different frm the iphone and somthings even faster. as for the camera quality, when u take a pic with default setting, iphone is better because of the software. but when you manually setup the lumia 800 camera, the picture on it noticeable better on the 800. lumia has a better camera sensor but the software needs to be fixed. overall wp7 is a fresh look and faster with a single core and ios5 is is just overrated. only reason i would go for an iphone is for the apps (and may siri, if i want to make a relationship with a software) and soon that won't be an issue to make phone choices.
  • Shrug
    Shrug Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    they also reboot faster due to a dedicated ctrl+alt+del key combination ;)yeah windows phone is faster upload to fb, but the iphone users didn't even take advantage of the double tap photo option from the lock screen. taking the photo quickly as possible is important, uploading to FB is not as time critical.
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    Go Fuk your slif mother fuker. iPhone it's better then your fuken mama
  • DJScope
    DJScope Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    dual-core doesnt make the phone faster. it saves battery while multitasking.
  • letshavemeforabreak
    via Wordpress
    apart from double tapping the home button twice..., you can just go to facebook app (which she had on her home screen dock!!!) take a picture and instantly post the picture using the facebook app itself. what is not fast about that?? most people really need to learn how to use an iPhone... if given a windows phone to any of them..., i think they will take even longer to post a picture on facebook.. just saying..
  • Kiwiholden
    Kiwiholden Posts: 189
    via Wordpress
    So true I'd be uploading nutshots flat out if I knew anyone with a wp7.Now that I think about it I've never even seen anyone with one
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Show it doing something well without trying to make the iPhone look like crap because of some stupid airhead actress.
  • AT&T rapes me
    AT&T rapes me Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    Oh sh!t, she does have Facebook on her dock...lol... What's wrong with people? I can see that damn camera button taking pics of my pocket every time I sit
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    How much do they pay people to be stupid?