2»

Comments

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
  • Jose Martinez
    Jose Martinez Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    The reason the went with the new iPad is because its like the macbook or iMac or any other of apples computers. they go by year. early, mid, late. I think its fine just go by year. when they launch any mac they call it the new.
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
  • Poor1
    Poor1 Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    I like the sound of it: The NiP I forsee some very confusion convo's with customer care when asked which ipad you have......yes hallo, i have a problem with my new ipad......which ipad do you have.....i have a new ipad....yes i get that but which do you have....I HAVE THE FRIKKIN NEW IPAD :-)
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    I wish they gave it distinct name. I rather say iPad 3 than "The New iPad"
  • Joey JoJo
    Joey JoJo Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Not just that, but an iPad for sale is usually because the previous owner is upgrading to the newer one. Then there are two people to get soaked by app store prices.
  • Joey JoJo
    Joey JoJo Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I think most people will just call it the ipad 3. "Which ipad is that?" "The ipad 3."
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    Now presume that I am a noob customer who got a white iPad as a gift from a friend or family, and would like to jailbreak it. I will google to find out that I can jailbreak iPad 2 but not the third generation. As a noob, how could I ever tell which iPad that I have? They physically look identical (yes the new iPad is slightly thicker but I won't measure that!) and it is not written which iPad I got on the back. It will simply say "iPad 32GB" for instance. How could people easily be abl to distinguish the different iPad generations if there are no physical signs of differentiation and no clear way to know them by the name? This will become very confusing :/
  • Brett
    Brett Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
    I suppose Ipad 10 would sound a bit like Jaws 10 or Back to the Future 10, so good on Apple for stopping this before it gets ridiculous. That's if we are still using Ipads in 7 years.
  • Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress
    They could use x instead of 10 like Mac OS
  • Jarron
    Jarron Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I don't agree with Apple decision on calling the iPad... The new iPad... Let's say down the road you had iPad for about year... Seriously.. Is it still gonna be considered the new iPad... They should of just followed the numbers... Who cares about how they call Mac products, when next year comes around we gonna call it The New New iPad... I say it should of been called iPad 3!!
  • jstuxx
    jstuxx Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I say iPad is a very ridiculous and useless product so the new iPad being a ridiculous name shows how ridiculous iPad is. Don't start calling me an android or blackberry fan boy because all tablets in general are useless.Main reason it was called the new iPad and not iPad 3 is because the general public filled with morons can only count up to 2, after that they get confused. The iPad was designed for morons and, named for morons and will be bough and used by morons.