Apple Has Fixed Vulnerability Used in Absinthe Jailbreak in iOS 5.1

Options
2»

Comments

• Ummm Da Dum
    Ummm Da Dum Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    the is nothing in 5.1 that i want but i would like to update iMovie which requires 5.1.anyway of tricking apps into thinking i have 5.1 so i can update them? am sure the is nothing within 5.1 that iMovie requires just Apple trying to tempt people to update
  • Ummm Da Dum
    Ummm Da Dum Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    Options
    this make sense. instead of updating with Apples iOS files. why cant the new tweaks, features etc of 5.1 be added to 5.01 through cydia.as mentioned below the is nothing in 5.1 i want but i would like to update certian apps that require 5.1 (iMovie, nice to try iPhoto aswell)but ill happily wait
  • fas
    fas Posts: 2,297
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Wasn't that obvious, no rocket science there.
  • Lahey
    Lahey Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Jailbreaks are sometimes lost when the phone locks up to the extent that a restore is necessary. Although scores of people on both sides have worked a great deal to prevent such a thing from happening, it does happen. In that case, at this point a late model iPhone owner will be off Cydia and will have lost any money spent on Cydia apps.
  • User
    User Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well 5.1 solved battery issue,reason enough to update for me,also the fast camera switch
  • Ivan
    Ivan Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Can anybody confirm Iphone 4 modem firmware 4.11.08 firmware 5.0.1 unlock please.. Patch with Redsn0w... thank uhttp://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=p1Cb5oosPdc
  • whodat
    whodat Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ya'll need to hurry up and get a ios 5.1 jailbroken already. instead of jailbreaking new ****, get to working on the recently new stuff like the 4S.
  • Doug
    Doug Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I know this will seem like a stupid question but im inexpienced with jailbreaking. Is it 5.1 on 4s and 4 that cant get a untethered jailbreak or just 4s. I just took intrest in jailbreaking and I'd rather not have to use to use a computer to turn my phone on. I have iphone 4 and downloaded 5.1 which I now regret doing.
  • Quang
    Quang Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I really don't care. I am using iPhone 3g. :)
  • jabir
    jabir Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Battery Fix iOS5 ? By editing the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist fileJust wanted to share this link.. not sure if anyone have seen this or try this yet?.. see below the detail i pulled from the internet..http://www.iphonejailbreak.me/tweak-...fe-in-ios-5-x/If you’re a heavy iPhone user like me, your battery probably won’t last more than a day. Check out this jailbreak tweak that might help squeeze out more juice from your battery.Just like a computer’s operating system, iOS also comes with power management that adjusts how much your device uses power. By editing the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist file, you may be able to increase your battery life.I left my iPhone overnight at 85% battery power with WiFi, 3G and GPS turned on. By 8am the next day, it only consumed 2% of power. Not too bad, huh?Let’s cut to the chase, here’s how to do it:1. Download DiskAid or i-FunBox.2. Download one of these power profiles:see attachmentsUltra power saving profile ultra_power_saving_mode.zipMedium power saving profile medium_power_saving_mode.zipDefault power profile default_power_profile.zip3. Launch DiskAid or i-FunBox and browse to the following folder location:/System/Library/CoreServices/powerd.bundle/4. Replace or overwrite the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist with the one you just downloaded in step 2.5. Reboot your device and you’re done!If you like to revert to default power profile, simply use the default power profile plist file.I haven’t tried this on iOS 4.x yet but if you would like to try (at your own risk), the .pfile file is located at the following folder:/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundleGood luck and share with everyone if this helps!check this link plz..http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1313553
  • HDub
    HDub Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Why make jailbreaking vulnerabilities public in the 1st place? Surely if these as kept on the down-low, Apple will be in less of a hurry to fix them. Am I missing something?
  • idk
    idk Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i got untethered 5.1 on accident trying to get tethered
  • Donald
    Donald Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Use SAM to unlock. May be Apple block that but just try. Apple block because they want to sell Factory unlock phone $649+tax. They make harder for jailbreak because they want to sell the app on App Store.