Apple Starts Blocking SAM Trick to Unlock iPhone

Options
^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Starts Blocking SAM Trick to Unlock iPhone

MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev team has tweeted that Apple has started fixing their activation servers, which means that it may not be possible to unlock your iPhone using the SAM trick.

The good news is that the backed up activation ticket seems to work according to MuscleNerd. So if you have managed to unlock your iPhone using SAM then please take a backup of the activation key either using iFile or Redsn0w using our step-by-step guide (here and here).

MuscleNerd tweeted:

Read the full story here

Comments

• dark
    dark Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i can comfirmd that rhey have blocked the trick here in la i wasnt able to unlock my iphone 4s with sprint usin a t-mobile sim i live in LA Ca
  • dark
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i can comfirmd that they have blocked the trick here in la. i coulndt able to unlock my iphone 4s with sprint usin a t-mobile sim i live in LA Ca
  • dark
    via Wordpress
    Options
    good thing that i backup my lockfolder with ifile i just unzip everything back and reboot my phone and work so all of u back up your lockdom folder with ifile mail a copy to your self and be carefull dont upgrade too
  • dark
    via Wordpress
    Options
    good thing that i backup my lockfolder with ifile i just unzip everything back and reboot my phone and work so all of u back up your lockdom folder with ifile mail a copy to your self and be carefull dont upgrade too.
  • rafi7234
    rafi7234 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I unlocked my iPhone 3Gs using sam 2days ago. i kept a backup using redsn0w also. last night i had to restore my iPhone 3Gs. now, whn im trying to unlock iPhone with SAM its not working. saying to put original SIMID. :/ As i kept a backup .. how can i restore my SAM BACKUP & unlock my iPhone. Can anyone please help me ?
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I don't get Apple, first Tim Cooks tell ATT to allow customer to unlock their phone after their contract expired. Why are they blocking this unlock then? Well luckily I got mine unlock last!!!!
  • pakaku
    pakaku Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Probably because it's not an 'Apple-authorized' kind of unlock. But the hypocrisy still remains...
  • Miguel Ensenada
    Miguel Ensenada Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Si puedo confirmar que en Ensenada B.C. ya no es posible desbloquear el iPhone por medio de SAM pero fue bello mientras duro.Hope our Dev-Team Ninjas come soon with another idea like this or this give them new ideas on how to develop another sn0w like ultrasn0w and make unlock possible again. Turbo sims are good but software unlock its has always been best.
  • JLX
    JLX Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Options
    it was just to good to be true....or to last more than 5 days...:(
  • James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hypocrisy, are you kidding me. When you break everything down, if a phone is still under the 2 year contract with a carrier, they can't go and let people just start unlocking all their devices. You have to keep in mind, that when the carrier provide that phone to you with that subsidized price, they are paying Apple the difference out of their pocket, up front. They make the money back over the course of that 2 year contract. You might not like it, I might not like it, but the bottom line is the cell phone companies, just like us, are Apple's clients, and they have to protect their clients. If they don't protect these companies, then the companies will stop providing the subsidies on the devices, and then in the long run, everyone loses.
  • Elvis
    Elvis Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It's my phone let me do what I want with it
  • Elvis
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Do you work for apple
  • italiano
    italiano Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    CAN U TELL ME IF ANYONE IS ABLE TO UNLOCK THEIR IPHONE USING THE SAMS UNLOCK CODE???????
  • James
    via Wordpress
    Options
    No, I don't work for Apple nor a cell phone company. Don't think that because I understand why they operate the way they operate, means that I like it. I wish it were easier. With the amount of data our devices use, these companies have to continuously dump money into to upgrading their networks to handle these loads, which in turn, adds more to their bottom line of operating. The only reason these other cell phone companies wound up joining on board with Apple, is not because they necessarily wanted to, but rather that customers want Apple, and if they want customers, then they had to team up with Apple. Apple changed the game in terms of how the handset makers and Cellular companies interact. Prior to Apple, the Cellular companies basically told the makers how things were going to work, Apple flipped that script. Now the Cellular companies, have to cater to the handset makes needs and stipulations.
  • James
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Mind you, ATT was not Apple's first choice of who they wanted to carry their first iPhone. ATT were the only ones to agree to Apple's terms. Verizon thought Apple was smoking crack with the stipulations, and amount of money they wanted.
  • Elvis
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Apple has gone down hill after Steve,J died no one at apple is As smart as he was.
  • bonelopez
    bonelopez Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    so what will happened to my iphone if im not going to back it up?
  • bonelopez
    bonelopez Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    if im not going to back up my unlock ticket?
  • Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    Options
    can anyone tell us how to back up from old back ticket
  • Apple big money
    Apple big money Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Apple will just find a way to take it away from you, I had my iPhone 4 jail broke it locked had to unlocke it with iTunes it updated my phone can no longer jailbreak
  • Cesar
    Cesar Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It was too good and easy to last
  • Johnny50000
    Johnny50000 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Carrier locks are unnecessary. The ETF takes care of the cell phones economic concerns of providing a subsidized cell phone. Carrier locks are ripping off the consumer.
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Bessem
    Bessem Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    unlocked iphone : worked yesterday ( 26 April morning ) stopped working on 26 April afternoon . shame on you apple .i have tried many times to unlock it before i googled it and notice that it stopped working .. i have not saved my ticket .. damn .. :(
  • Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Likewise, worked for over 24 hours then all of a sudden required activation again after I turned it off, later on, it lost signal bars and went back to No Service.It's obviously Apple have stopped the trick from working.However, the big questions remains, how the **** will I be able to get signal from the lockdown ticket I saved!?
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi have just unlocked mine here in France it's still cool to use SAM at the min. Turn off the sim pin though.
  • matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Will this effect phones which already have this method working. What must I not do to avoid it? I guess not do a full restore at the very least. But any other way they might stop it working?ThanksMatt
  • dark
    via Wordpress
    Options
    first thing you should do if you haven is make a backup of your lockdowm folder with ifile you can restore from there if you have a problem in the future and dont upgrade to any firmware until we know what happen
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yeah sure but if your locked into a 2 year contract what should they really care if u unlock or not. You still are locked to a 2 year contract and have to pay regardless if your using their sim or a different one. There still getting there money by the month as if it was locked or not and if you pay for the fee to break the contract they will AT&T will unlock it. So really, what's the difference?
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm not blaming Apple cause its not an authorized unlock and I'm sure the carriers are putting the pressure on to fix this but the carriers should just unlock for the reasons in my previous post above.