AT&T CEO's Only Regret is Offering Unlimited Data Plans For iPhone

Options
2»

Comments

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Everyone getting on AT&T but Verizon is doing the same thing. I am sure they will all be doing this as they are not there for us they are there for the stock holder and bottom line. Everyone need to wake up and this also includes Apple they are no different.
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yeah. I've always wondered "Isn't texting data?" but what do I know? But be carefull what you wish for. Congress can only screw everything up as they always do. It's better to let the market take care of itself. WE ARE the market and unlike the old days we have many ways to air our grievances and we do get heard. The most recent example is the unlocking of out-of-contract iPhones by AT&T. I've called for mine.
  • Strulf
    Strulf Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This CEO basically says unashamedly that he only cares about money and not about the customers. "Disruptive to our messaging revenue stream" - that's bullshit! There shouldn't be any revenue generated by SMS! It's just a cash cow for the networks.
  • Gagg
    Gagg Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This unlimted internat plan should have came free if u have AT T home internat
  • Shab
    Shab Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I was a first gen iPhone user, grandfathered in. Now will be stuck for ever with a series 4 phone. AT&T is not going to honor grandfathered contracts once you make the switch to LTE. That's their way out. I may just keep my phone and buy multiple backups for that reason alone. Hey, maybe I'll just use it to stream movies all day long and switch carriers...
  • Question
    Question Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks to the poster who mentioned straight talk. I do have a question though - can you keep your current cell phone number?
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Stephenson is not being honest. What really keeps him up at night are two things worth his worries: Read..http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/22/technology/att_ceo_pay/index.htm
  • Frank
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This comment make me want to move to Verizon or sprintt.
  • Frank
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I was just checking out straight talk and it really looks like a good option if you don't mind losing 3G.
  • Troy
    Troy Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You can port your number, so yes you can keep your number.
  • Troy
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The AT&T compatible straight talk SIM is 3G HSPA+, you do not lose data speeds. I currently use it with my iphone 4S and get the exact same speeds I did when the phone was on AT&T.
  • Frank
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Good to know! It's looking even better. Any down side to straight talk that you care to share?
  • anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Since no one else said it let me be the first. Go f*ck yourself Randell Stephenson!! Losing sleep over imessage? What a f*cking joke. It's about time someone exposed this text message scam that you've been using to rip people off. $20 a month for texting? I guess sometimes you really do get something for nothing. At&t gets a sh*t load of money for texting with virtually zero costs and now he's crying because Apple exposed their scam. I wish I could just dump At&t. I want to try straight talk but I've read so many horror stories about them. Anyone have a good experience with straight talk?
  • Troy
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Only downside is with android and iphones there are some carrier settings that need to be changed. Which on the iphone requires it to be jailbroken. However there are ways around this and you can get all the info at howardforums.
  • Frank
    via Wordpress
    Options
    They move ur plan to the new phone I have upgraded phones twice still have unlimited just make sure they do it they sometimes forget if you know what I mean.
  • necter beau
    necter beau Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Point 1: CEOs like Stevenson were exactly the reason I left AT&T. I grandfathered w/ their unlimited data when they started throttling, I left them. Point2: CEOs like him made me confirm that AT&T was never really ready for innovation, never ready for the Apple iPhone. So with that, AT&T should go back to the bell system if they r so concerned abt their revenue stream. Oh, well not sure about Stevenson's regrets on that might be either. S
  • kellen
    kellen Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    30 Dollars is alot to pay each month for data. The white space bandwidth will free up everyone to get as much as they need for almost free. That was the intent of using white space anolog bandwidth. But now A T and T and the others have lobbied to have the White space sold off. They are rewriting existing laws so that they can keep thier monopoly going.
  • Dudley
    Dudley Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks Dan for sharing that link with US.Now I see why he can't sleep, despite taking home more than $ 4 million a year, and stock compensation worth an estimated $12.7 and he still can't sleep?What a greedy son of a Biatch.
  • Andy Z
    Andy Z Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm going to keep mine until the rapture
  • qunnoir
    qunnoir Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This guy has some balls...like att had anything else to offer us at the time. He is a nasty bastard. Great way to say thanks to the loyal customers.
  • Ljs
    Ljs Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    All it makes me wanna do is use mywi all day for the next week and watch him squirm cause he cant to **** about it
  • Ljs
    Ljs Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    All it makes me wanna do is use mywi all day for the next week and watch him squirm cause he cant to sh*t about it
  • m Arch Tom's On 'n Barnes
    via Wordpress
    Options
    DRAFThi all. i believe honesty here isn't actually the point, Stephenson is probably sleeping well at night & never slept better. changing business model isn't something that has ever threatened multinational companies ever, it's always happened in history & always will. i believe instead , the one who doesn't sleep well at night is the HR director, human resources. in US they might have made the mistake of hiring loads of mostly useless individuals & the same happened in EU. for they (TLC companies) had plenty of extra money-( financial resources)- & invested in lazy catholic-christians waiting for a call & then making customers & clients upset & angry for not sorting problems out. the HR director isn't sleeping well for sure if they have taken money from the budget which is supposed to be enhancing TLC network data load , (upgrading to HSPA+ & now LTE - 4g- something that is already taken into account in a TLC well established organization). if You waste money giving a seat & a salary to someone who doesn't follow clients & customers however &, who cannot keep clients & customers satisfied when dealing with help desk, customer service & technical support , who are not bothered about fixing administrative billing cycle errors either, ( ignoring problems) on time & with immediate effect, the HR director might as well sleep rough at night today. (i.e. what the customer pays for when paying the bill for TLC, is the customer service or technical support or helpdesk not the calls, nor the messages nor the data allowance) data allowance, calls , txt message are definitely not an issue for a TLC company with their own network & not relying on roaming other networks. calls & TXT in addition can be easily bypassed by using even other app's (not iMessage application) giving free txt messages & calls made on WI-Fi & over the internet. to clarify even better, once the TLC company made the sale of the plastic SIM card & got the first payment, the TLC company has paid up the effort. the rest of the money (the following 12-18-24 mths or so ) is for customer support companies who today keep failing the aim of making clients satisfied (most of them & most often) & keep taking money off the budget for network development (development = enhancing data load allowance & "speed")take care, marc
  • Jake Magpie
    Jake Magpie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Lets use iMessage or whatsapp more , so he would not sleep till rest of his life !!!!
  • D Money
    D Money Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    1st of all, the award for longest response ever goes to Marc. (M Arch Tom's) Looks like that adderall kicked in nicely :D Secondly- I,too, left AT&T after almost 20 hears starting with Cingular,etc. I was paying +/- $140/mo for a freaking cell phone plan with one add'l user. Contract ended, I wanted to keep my iPhone (duh), but didn't wanna pay $$$ to have it or be stuck in a contract so I opted for T bag-Mobile prepaid. Now my plan is $50 for unlimited talk/text/web. Yea I'm on the remedial Edge network, but I'm in a wifi area approx. 75% of the time so big whoop. I'm happy because I got to keep my iPhone and it doesn't cost me very much. Also, I think I read somewhere that T-Mobile might support the new iPhone when it comes out. Even if that doesn't happen, I am still pretty satisfied. I would like to nail the T-mobile chick though. Shes kinda hot in a strange way :D
  • Parish
    Parish Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What should keep him awake at night is the fact that he invested five BILLION dollars on the T mobile acquisition that he couldn't pull of and now he is head hunting the people that has literally built this company from the ground up to make up for hon incompetence. Another thing that should keep him up at night is the fact that he ran the old AT&T into the ground and now he's doing it to the new at&t. If it wasn't for the iPhone and all it brings to at&t, the company would be belly up at this point. Randall Stevenson is a corporate murderer and an idiot!
  • Parish
    Parish Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I think the big difference between AT&T and Verizon is that AT&T's CEO has the guts to come out and say he wants more of your hard earned money. I respect that. NOT!!!!
  • Jane Fonda
    Jane Fonda Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    25 - 35 Gb/month here. I think I'll turn off wifi and leave my slingbox on 3G 24/7. Losing sleep? **** off -- a gain is a gain. May not be as much as you anticipated, but with the iPhone, you are making more money than without it. Bellend.