WinPwn 2.0: Software to JailBreak & Unlock first gen iPhone and JailBreak iPhone 3G for Windows user

2»

Comments

• angel
    angel Posts: 81
    via Wordpress

when i do this it says my .NET thingy is out of date. whaaaaat is this? also, do i have to do this on the computer that my iphone syncs to? can i do it on my laptop if i install winpwn and the file needed for the shift restore?

• Lamnk
    Lamnk Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

To [URL="http://www.lamnk.com/blog/"]fix 1601 error on 1st generation iphone [/URL] I turned the phone to restoration mode, THEN to DFU mode. After that iTunes allows me to install the new firmware.

• Gervais
    Gervais Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I attempted to use the WinPwn 2.0.0.3 on a 2G version with 2.0 firmaware and found that it got stuck in the "recovery mode" with the connection and the Itunes icons showing. It could not be turned off to try to get into the dfu mode. the only way I was able to break this trapped recovery mode was to use iLiberty software and the advanced tools portion which includeds a tool to remove the iphone from the recovery mode. It worked and I could then turn the iphone off and I used iliberty to place the 1.1.4. software on it and the cydia installer. I then got rid of the phone. I am now wanting to place a jailbroken and unlocked version of 2.0 firmware on a 16G origial 2G version iPhone but I don't want to have this one "trapped" in recovery as I did the 8G one. It appears that others have found their iphone trapped in the recovery mode from the comments I see. How can we assure that this will not be a problem, and will I need to restore the 2.0 software to the 16G? It seems to me that if we are preparing a custom version of the 2.0 software using Winpwn 2.0.0.3 and upgrading the phone with this custom version, I could just upgrade this 16G (which now has the 1.1.4 unlocked) and the result would be a 16B which is in 2.0 software and is unlocked and jailbroken capable of using the App store or the installation programs. That is where I want to be. Should I place the custom ipsw on this phone without restoring to 2.0 software and will I have the "trapped" recovery mode issue all over again?

• Frieden
    Frieden Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I NEED help! I've jailbroken my iphone 3g successfully and went to do some openssh work on it and have failed. I can't get it to connect. I've installed openssh on both the iphone and my PC, connected the iphone to my laptop, have both connected to the same wireless connection, typed in all the info correctly but it just times out and won't connect. I've tried multiple times but always the same. What are the possible problems and solutions??? Nothing I've read or watched says anything about it. All I want is custom tones for text and voicemail and this is the only way I know how to do it.

• Charlie
    Charlie Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

my iphones stuck in emergency call mode, everytime i restore it using the 1.0.2 version, its doesnt let me unlock it. what should i do or what am i doing wrong?

• Yeoyo
    Yeoyo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I winpwned my 3G iPhone and everyone worked great. Used Customize to change everything except wallpaper which isnt supported yet through customize. Used winterboard to change Wallpaper. iPhone looks awesome. Definately recommend to everyone to pwn your iphone/itouch

• Yeoyo
    Yeoyo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

To Gervais I had no problem SSH into my 3G and btw there are lots of custom sounds in customize. Just go to themes and files sets. Then you can change them in customize.

• Tai
    Tai Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would like to know what website I can download onto my iPhone the video camera? Could someone help give me some step-by-step instructions.

Thanks Tai

• zulins
    zulins Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi. works with 3g 16gb 2.0.1 firmware???

• Annette
    Annette Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i reset my 8g iphone, now the only thing that shows up is the apple when i turn it on, i can see the apps or anything. CAN ANYONE PLZZZZ HELP ME OUT???