iPhoneModem Brings 3G/EDGE Tethering for iPhone

2»

Comments

• coarsal
    coarsal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I get the following error on a popup window in xp:

Error Setting Network Settings (DNS Server): {169.254.227.210}. Error Code:94

any help would be appreciated.

• alice
    alice Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi - I just installed iphonemodem and am having same problemnot being able to access internet (via internet explorer) even thou' everything is installed correctly and wifi is working? Can anyone help??

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

I am having the same problem as yall are. everything is fine until i get to the iPhone and the Status is "Open iPhoneModem on mac/pc" but the app is open on my macbook something must be messed up hopefully they fix it soon

• Hi y´all, same prob as you. Tried it out successfully. After i purchased, same probs: mac says "waiting for iphone", iphone asks me to "open iphonemodem on mac". What the f... is this. Several mails and no reaction. DONT PAY 4 IT !!

• keith cafaro
    keith cafaro Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi y´all, same prob as you. Tried it out successfully. After i purchased, same probs: mac says "waiting for iphone", iphone asks me to "open iphonemodem on mac". What the f... is this. Several mails and no reaction. DONT PAY 4 IT !!

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

No one has figured out how to solve this problem yet?
    10 emails to Addition, no reply!

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Yes, same problem for me...worked good, paid the 10 bucks, now it just says "waiting for iPhone" & the iPhone says "open iPhoneModem on Mac/PC...have written the company twice now & no response...sounds like a perfect way for the company to make money get $10 off thousands of people who won't cause a stink to get their money back.....class action maybe? LOL

• Johan
    Johan Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THERE IS WWW.IPHONEMODEM.DE
    THEY CLAIM THAT WWW.IPHONEMODEM.COM IS FAKE .....(by company called ADDITION)
    (.DE vs .COM) I guess it is worth checking out.

the app has the same name but works differently.
    I have not verified the .de version, my 3G phone is not jailbroken yet.
    I tried the additions version of IphoneModem v 2.2 with a friends jailbroken G3,
    does not work, says creating WiFi connection, nothing happens...

• Ski
    Ski Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Cannot get it to work. Mainly I cannot get support from them AT ALL. I've sent them multiple emails with no reply. iphonemodem.com is a fake! BEWARE!

• Ski
    Ski Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Here is there info, let start a riot!
    Registrant:
    Addition, Lda.
    R Borges Carneiro 34 RC
    Lisboa, Lisboa 1200
    Portugal

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: IPHONEMODEM.COM
    Created on: 31-Jul-08
    Expires on: 31-Jul-10
    Last Updated on: 31-Jul-08

Administrative Contact:
    Vitorino, Diogo diogo.vitorino@addition.pt
    Addition, Lda.
    R Borges Carneiro 34 RC
    Lisboa, Lisboa 1200
    Portugal
    +351213959233 Fax -- +351213959233

Technical Contact:
    Vitorino, Diogo diogo.vitorino@addition.pt
    Addition, Lda.
    R Borges Carneiro 34 RC
    Lisboa, Lisboa 1200
    Portugal
    +351213959233 Fax -- +351213959233

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I'm in France with SFR carrier and iPhone OS 3.1.2; just jailbroke with redsnow 0.9.4 (failed 1st time, ok on 2nd) installed iphonemodem (iPhone + Mac) and got the connection, but data transfer is super slow and am not loading web pages on computer.

A friend running iPhone OS 3.0 gets it to work perfectly (before and after purchasing full version of iphonemodem)... and I can't seem to find much info...

Has Apple done something in 3.1.2? that hinders tethering?

thx for your help

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I have used iphonemodem for a while. I must admit that it was quite temperamental and regularly dropped connection even in the presence of 5 bars of 3G. It does not seem to work with iphone 4. I've just been trialling MyWifi and although $10 more expensive is well worth the investment.

• Rhonda
    Rhonda Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have been charged by AT&T now for supposedly going over my data plan and they are beginning to harass me. They have also slowed down my regular Internet connection on my phone. Not sure what's next. I'm looking to find another way around AT&T since my contract is up this month.