Step-by-Step Guide to Jailbreak 1st Gen iPhone and iPhone 3G running Firmware 2.1 [Updated]

2»

Comments

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

this fucked my iphone when i turn it on i see the apple logo the it turns white and then again again and over and over again basiclly thank you for fucking uo my iphone :((

• Daniel-hater
    Daniel-hater Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

if your an idiot and dont know how to read its not our fault. you can never **** up a phone you can always fix it, 6,000,000 modded iphones out there and yours is the only one who can't jailbreak it sure, dumbass

• Robert G
    Robert G Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Go to my music and u will eb able to open itunes through there for 7.7

• Robert G
    Robert G Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

What is a good website to unock and jailbreak iphone with 2.1 software.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

I am having a similar problem that others are having, i followed the steps and it work very well, make sure you read it all properly, but now when i open the phone to dial, it shuts down straight away. Has anyone a soloution.

• chris p..
    chris p.. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey question. rather than uninstall itunes 8 can u just install itunes 7.7 along side it and have both?

Also if u uninstall itunes will all ur music come bak when you reinstall it

• Funky
    Funky Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi I have locked my iphone I upgrade on 8 and found every time I log in to itunes the screen is blank and wont allow me to up date.
    It says entery a vaild sim card.

Can any one help???

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

I attempted to jailbreak and didn't realize i needed to delete all three installation files. My phone is now continually trying to boot up and I can't seem to get it to turn off to do a restore. Any ideas?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Jim,

You might want to checkout this post to restore your iPhone:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/10/virginizeiphone.html

cheers!

• jim
    via Wordpress

I tried the idea to virginize, but no luck, that is basically because I cannot shut it off properly and get it to recognize in itunes. I get an error that says Itunes could not reconnect to the iphone because an invalid response was received from the device. I should also say that I don't have a sim device in the phone as I don't have at+t service in my area to activate the phone.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Jim,

You could try restoring your iPhone by putting it in the DFU mode as explained in that post.

cheers!

• jim
    via Wordpress

I finally did get the phone to go in to dfu mode and restored the phone....then I tried winpwn 2.5..it all seemed to work and then asi I put it in to dfu mode for the final step, I got a microsoft crash error....anyway, the phone is working, but haven't managed to jailbreak it. Not sure what method I should use I could try the earlier method, and then delete all of the mobile installation files and see if that works. What do you think?

• nano
    nano Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked perfectly. Thanx. Now i just need 2 figure out how to get java on this :P

• stef
    stef Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I can't locate the file \system\library\.......... on the [-\-] even in Total Commander and my phone keeps rebooting.The 2.1MI file and T-PoP files have opened in the c:\. Please help. I need my phone back

• Tom Nguyen
    Tom Nguyen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi

As your instruction:
    * Download iPhone firmware 2.1 for iPhone 3g or download iPhone firmware 2.1 for 1st generation iPhone using this link.

* Install iTunes 8.

* Update iPhone with iTunes and make sure it is activated!

* Uninstall iTunes 8.

* Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support (From Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel)

* Install itunes v7.7.* (http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes/) <-- all versions of itunes are there.

After I installed itunes v7.7.*, I plugged my iPhone 2G, it shows the message:

" iPhone can not be used because it requires iTunes V8 or later. Go to www.itunes.com to download the lastest version of iTunes"

Do you know why it's still showing this message, could I use v7.7.* to sync my Iphone ? Thanks.

Tom

• tarundeep goswami
    via Wordpress

i faced a problem during executing the quickpwn.exe2.1 file......when i already restore the 2.1v firmware so help me to out this problem........what can i do now?

• Krizzy Morris
    Krizzy Morris Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have a 1st gen iphone that was jailbroken & unlocked, all of a sudden it was stuck on the apple logo, i gave up on it & thought that i'll just let the battery drain, maybe it would go back to normal after it drains but months passed and it's still stuck on the apple logo, i started searching through the internet ways on how to fix it, all i found is restoring it. I restored it just now and i want to jailbreak it again so i can use my t-mobile sim, but it's stuck on the emergency screen, i can't even check the firmware, i tried dialing *3001#12345#* then pressed call but it didn't enter a field test mode. I don't know where to start. Do i still need an AT&T sim to start the jailbreaking process because itunes doesn't recognize the phone, it just says that i should put a simcard. Please help, i would greatly appreciate any info that could help me. Thanks.