How to Downgrade iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1 / iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w

2»

Comments

• dave c
    dave c Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    nice one for the video and doing a full video jeff great step by step worked for me and to the guys that make this possible i bow down to you all for doing this in your sapir time and shairing it with us all cant thank you enough
  • Paula Tejano
    Paula Tejano Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    You must use iOS 5.0.1 9A405 (9A406 does not work), then just follow the step by step procedure. If you are stuck in "fetching blobs" progress bar, just close RedSn0w and try again (I have used the Blobs from server, not local). It's even a workaround for the iTunes backup restore problem... It was pointed out by an user in comments. Just need to edit the backup's plist file and change the version.In which part are you stuck? We need details to be able to help you.
  • cortezsalas
    cortezsalas Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i had downgraded but something went wrong with cydia so decided to restore to 5.1 and then downgrade again and now redsnow says it can't find my shah blobs I'm like what ???
  • tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    this help me out also,thanks
  • SupSyddles
    SupSyddles Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yeo, Why am I stuck in the "Working..." zone?
  • swatl98
    swatl98 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Need help. I just bought a iphone 4s three weeks ago running iOS 5.1. Can I still downgrade to 5.0.1 using these instructions?
  • Paula Tejano
    Paula Tejano Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    No, it can't be downgraded because you don't have SHSH Blobs from 5.0.1. The signing window for that version is now closed, so you can't do that anymore. You'll have to wait for the 5.1/5.1.1 jailbreak to be released.
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    fail to restore i had my 4s jailbroken b4 any idea way to do not working need to downgrade
  • Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress
    was on 5.1 so i updated to 5.1.1 den tried again and it worked so update to 5.1.1 if any problems using the firmware from link above to update.. good luck hopefully this helps any1
  • allex
    allex Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Help Please! im cant fetch my shsh blobs " Step 10 . If you had jailbroken your iPhone 4S while it was running iOS 5.0.1 and launched Cydia at least once then Cydia would have cached the SHSH blobs on the server. Redsn0w will show the progress bar as it Fetching blobs from the server. " before im using 5.0.1 ios on my iphone 4s but still cant fetch ...right now im at 5.1.1 iOs
  • The Dogman
    The Dogman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys. I have done this downgrade on 4S 64GB from 5.1.1 --> 5.0.1. It worked perfectly but there is the HUGE problem. iOS 5.1.x supports 4G AT&T (version 12) and it runs perfectly on 4S 64GB with iOS 5.1.1. When you downgrade (to iOS 5.0.1 AT&T version 11) you LOSE the 4G Speeds off the AT&T network and also features in the phone app cease to function. Mainly my 3 Way Calling, Call Waiting, and Conference Calling features could not be reactivated or used after this method of downgrade. So PLEASE beware that this is NOT a perfect downgrade solution. I have tested and confirmed these issues with my particular 4S model. If anyone else has these issues I'd love to hear about it. :-) Looking back now I wish I hadn't performed the downgrade because now I am "stuck" with call features broken and no way to be in a "100% working iPhone" jailbroken environment. So PLEASE BEWARE!!!
  • Hubert CKL
    Hubert CKL Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Nice work. I have made the same operation, but it stopped working at "waiting for NAND for 5.1.1". Tried several times but still stuck at 5.1.1.
  • Vik
    Vik Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    guys please help, i want to know if i can use this method to restore my iphone 4s which is on 5.0.1..m having some problems with my iphone and i need to restore.
  • ios user
    ios user Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Do I have to upgrade to 5.1.1 and then downgrade or can I use the 5.1.1 file to 5.1 and then downgrade with that instead of being at 5.1.1.... I hope you can answer my question :-D ! ?!?!?!?
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    youve got the links for the redsnow mixed up iphonehacks
  • axe
    axe Posts: 185
    via Wordpress
    Solve. Dg successful. Noticed that i used my wife's 3gs to tethered wifi to my mac n 4s via usb mode, so i guessed couldn't connect 2 iphone on 1 mac/pc. If not in my case, dg progress couldn't pass "waiting for NAND". The rest before those reacted normal. Really weird. Dev team should look into this.
  • Sedde
    Sedde Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have another problem, even though i downgraded correctly, my carrier made an update with the 5.1 and was changed from 11.0 to 12.0 and now i can't activate iMessage. is there a way to just install the carrier bundle from 5.1 to 5.0.1 ?
  • yae fixed it!
    yae fixed it! Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Shah
    Shah Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Dear Paula,I never JB my iphone 4S before. This is first time.Running IOS 5.1.1Run the procedure downgrade from IOS 5.1.1 to 5.0.1, by mistake, mislook the notes about SHSH Blobs. I do not have an SHSH Blobs before.Please help, what i need to do now?:( i don't have any idea.
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    I ran into this problem too. All you have to do is locate the backup folder and edit the plist file with a text editor. Once you gain access to the file, change "5.1" to "5.0.1. Save it and close the file. Reopen itunes choose your recent backup, and that's it.
  • katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress
    Oops, just saw someone else posted this solution. Oh well, at least were trying to help each other!
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    i also stuck what is solution?
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    On Windows, i getting hung at “Fetching current baseband?”solution plz
  • Bernard
    Bernard Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Question, When you download the two firmwares do you unzip them right away or do you do so later when you click on IPSW? I keep getting "Firmware" and when I click on it I get three files that seems to do nothing. What am I doing wrong so as to continue when I click on IPSW?In other words, I downloaded the two restore zip files to the Redsnow file but when I click on IPSW nothing happens. It opens to a fiirmware file and when I open it I get three additional files that seem to do nothing. This is as far as I can get. Help!!!Please what am I doing wrong?thanks!!!
  • bigtom
    bigtom Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    When I fetch blobs from cydia there saying 5.1 instead of 5.0.1 ive never been on 5.1 so why is cydia sending me them blobs??????
  • tia
    tia Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Thanks, worked like magic.
  • Thisone
    Thisone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi, just want to clarify something....... to do this i will need my blobs and if i dont have then then it can't be done?thanks
  • hbazzi
    hbazzi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    everytime i do it , it says something like " redSn0w only restores A5 or newer" need helpp!
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    This worked fine for me but I had to restore from a very very old backup so I lost a lot of app data. Thank goodness for icloud that saves my apps and the fact I have a mac so everything is synced up. Worth the headache of fixing apps and phone settings to get jailbreak back.
  • Derek
    Derek Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Hey man...I have the same problem you had with your iphone 4s I think...just wondering if you found a solution...i had my iphone jailbroken and running on ios 5.0.1 ...ran cydia a hundred times...so it should have my shsh blobs on the server...but after upgrading to 5.1.1, cydia is saying I only have 5.1.1 shsh blobs on server....did you ever get any help with this?Cheers,Derek