What Features To Expect In iOS 6?

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWhat Features To Expect In iOS 6?

Typically, every major iOS release up till  now has focused on adding much demanded features lacking from the OS. Third party app support in the second major iteration, copy paste in the third, multitasking in the fourth, and (finally!) revamped notifications in the fifth (along with a slew of cloud based features).

So what will it be for iOS 6?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Themes for the OS. Sbsetttjngs and other jb tweaks need to be included as well as FB integration are some stuff that should be included in iOS 6.
  • Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Flash is a feature.
  • Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    Options
    One big, glaring omission from iOS would be actual homescreen widgets ala Android. That really is information at a glance. Notification center is not at a glance as long as we have to pull it down to see it. I never use it for that reason.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I think one major thing that hasn been mentioned here is with apple's new mapping feature it should allow Siri users outside of the united states to access lookups and directions as well as finding you a local place to eat or calling you the nearest cab company etc. it's no surprise to me that you self centered Americans wrote this with only Americans in mind. I do appreciate your blogs and I don't mean to insult but keep the rest of the world in mind when your explaining how iOS updates effect the population of iPhone/iPad/iPod users
  • genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Good point imo. Pathetically, Siri location services is still null outside America, 7 months after release.
  • Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yes hurry apple catch up with android please
  • cristov
    cristov Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    New maps better include free turn by turn directions!!
  • simone
    simone Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Have they upgraded the texting app to allow individual text tones for different people? And contact pics too? I'm still on iOS 4. Anyway, bieber they could make it more like Bite SMS the better. Would also like unlimited folder volume, unlimited dock and a moveable camera button.
  • nik
    nik Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Live wallpapers like Android would be nice! Live Tiles like Windows would be good too UK business locate support for Siri The new predictive text suggestion feature for the BlackBerry10 software looks good, u just swype upwards to select the word that's being predicted - apple should create a version of that too
  • Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Would be nice to see something like lock info and themes introduced. Things like byte SMS would also be great. Why should we have to unlock our phones just to send a message or make a call.
  • City023
    City023 Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Options
    How about an earlier release date for the next iPhone. Which won't VE called iPhone 5! Cause it's actually the 6th version of the iPhone.1 iPhone2 iPhone 3G3 iPhone 3GS4 iPhone 45 iPhone 4s
  • City023
    City023 Posts: 55
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • 357m
    357m Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Better Sound Profile..like the black berryWhen you set a timer the screen shouldn't go in timeoutSMS should be more like BiteSMSOption to hide icons"Expert" options in setting so that there is no need to JBPhone option like blackberry to make calls while phone is locked.
  • Izz
    Izz Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Apple wil steal alot of ideas from jailbreak tweaks and use them for IOS6Just like they did before
  • Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    Options
    True, but one thing I respect about the widgets being in Notification Center is that since weather (I removed stocks) relies on location services, the only time it triggers the location services is when you pull the NC down to look at weather in the first place. The problem I have with Android's widgets is it is always pulling that information to stay up-to-date. If that is the case, then you can expect battery life to be worse on Android than it is on the iPhone. For me, I feel that that IS the case, as with my 4S I'm getting plenty of usage throughout the day with more to spare for the next day if I couldn't charge right away. So, pulling down the notification center to glance at it vs. actually opening an app, or having a constant widget is preferred in those terms :/
  • jazz
    jazz Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thats because you idiots still asking for jailbreak tweaks for iOS ... Apple is not stealing anything asshole !
  • Brandon
    Brandon Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Agreed with the facebook integration and specifically talking about SBSettings it would be nice to turn wifi on as efficiently as you can with SBSettings, having it in the pull down notification center and then just hitting the wifi button instead of having to enter setting, wifi, on/off switch.
  • Skippy
    Skippy Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    How about integrate cydia
  • Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I would need something like lockinfo and quick reply in order for me to stop jailbreaking my phone....other wise my iPhone is not complete
  • pakaku
    pakaku Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yes to text tones, no if you mean contact pics in the list of contacts.
  • pakaku
    pakaku Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ruins the whole 'walled-garden' mantra Apple built their App Store upon
  • Ad Dane
    Ad Dane Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Cursor keys on the keyboard, don't know if it's because of my fat fingers but editing text is still a nightmare even after all these years of IOS :(
  • HEY
    HEY Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    but it could actually update only when ur in the home screen so when its locked or you are using the app it doesn't update wich will not ruin your battery life since u know you stay for about 2 secs on the homescreen
  • HEY
    HEY Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    thank you plz tell people its iphone 6 not 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its killing me inside
  • solferico
    solferico Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Siri in spanish. Siri in iPad. Toggles in notification center. Mouse support (for iPad). iTunes library management including adding your mp3 files directly from the device (downloaded from email, web, cloud storage, etc), same reader function currently in safari for mail client, enhanced text prediction....
  • Hing kong
    Hing kong Posts: 26
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Maybe they will just call it 'the new iPhone'.
  • Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress
    Options
    More supported video format. I dont want to convert my movies anymore.
  • Mediascapenorth
    Mediascapenorth Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Flash is dead. Let go, move on