Absinthe 2.0.2 Adds Support For Revised iOS 5.1.1 (Build 9B208)

Comments

• wannabehacker
    wannabehacker Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    What if we want to actually keep our data and stuff...
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    "If you’ve the $399 iPad 2 then it is currently not supported."Ugggggghhhhhhh......
  • Peros
    Peros Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Hi'i would like to ask,i want to update my iphone 4 i have it on 4.2.1 and i would like to go on 5.1.1 but i have unlock with sam unlock,if iupdate the iphone with out i update the baseband too does its going to work normaly again if i jalbreak it and everything do i need to unlock it again or not? and what if i update the baseband too is it going to be locked again or i can use the sam unlock with one way?btw thanks to Chronic Dev team for the amazing work they have done
  • mustafa
    mustafa Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    I just restored with a fresh 5.1.1 and when i connect to absinthe, it says "The attached device is not activated. you need to activate it before it can be used with absinthe."The problem is, that i bought the phone, and i dont have the original sim card. So im sitting here with a iphone 4s, 5.1.1 and cannot activate it, nor jailbreak it!I really hope you can help me with my problem. I would really appreciate it!
  • me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress
    HiMy iphone 4 just been unlocked by ATT can I still jailbreak it or I will lose my unlocking.Thanks
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Hey! Once at&t unlocked ur phone it became factory unlocked phone u can do anything hack on dude!
  • vic
    vic Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Thank you, I already get it from above, but I wonder if I'll update from apple itune, will it change my 5.16.05 BB to another? I'm accidently updated it once and wont do it again.I have 3gs 5.1 with BB 5.16.05 not unlocked.Can you advice me, how I can preserve my BB if I need to?
  • ZAn
    ZAn Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Hi,I have a AT&T locked iPhone 4s ((Baseband): 2.0.10 && (Firmware): 5.1 (9B179))Can you please let me know how to jailbreak and unlock it.Right now am using Gevey sim but when the network is down or battery dies the phone doesnt work and i have to attach it to itunes to activate it.Thanks,zan
  • sableng
    sableng Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    all my iphone4 and new ipad is JB, thanks a lot
  • Dookie
    Dookie Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Job done all in 2 mins thanks
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    Tried that but no luck, same error. What is the cause of this?
  • Amnon
    Amnon Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    without too much B.SCan I unlock iphone 3gs on 5.1.1 ( UNLOCK NOT JAILBREAK)Thanks
  • mustafa
    via Wordpress
    i would love to know this aswell.I have iphone 4s which is simlocked (i think to at&t). I cannot jailbreak it, and when i try, it says "The attached device is not activated. you need to activate it before it can be used with absinthe.”I do not have the original simcard, and im not quite sure which provider it is from.I would appreciate helpfull comments!
  • paynecc
    paynecc Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    everytime i go to update it say that the program has stopped working
  • kaitlyn
    kaitlyn Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    absinthe.exe wont show uP. HELP
  • goingdown2hell
    goingdown2hell Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    9B206 works just fine on my iphone 4s 5.1.1, I followed the guidlines on greenpois0n's web site, make a back up in itunes, then reset all settings on your iPhone, set it back up and activate it, put in wi-fi mode, then download Absinthe 2.0.1 windows, Mac, Linux and connect your iphone the press jailbreak! The only reason they say do a back up and do a full reset is because it will jailbreak your iPhone in under 5 minutes, once its jailbroken with Cydia on your iPhone, open up iTunes and select your back up and sit back and wait for it to install all your apps, music, videos ect, I had alot of all, so just sit back and let the back up do its things, once done, open Cydia, install winterboard, I've been reading people are having issues trying to install Winterboard, well I gaurantee this way will work, open Cydia-Sections-All Packages and scroll to the W listing until you get to Winterboard, install and confirm it, if it fails, try installing and confirm again, it will install, look on your iPhone and winterboard should be sitting next to Cydia, follow these guidlines and you'll have no problems! Thank you so much Dev-Team, I will be contributing through Pay Pal on Friday as always for your great effortsCheersgoingdown2hell
  • goingdown2hell
    via Wordpress
    just update in iTunes to 5.1.1 then open up Absinthe 2.0.1 an run as admin, then connect your device, hit jailbreak, sit back as it does it's process! It would go alot faster if you did a back up, rest your phone to factory defaults, turn it back on, activate it, turn on wi-fi, then it will jailbreak in 5 minutes, once jailbroken, restore your back up by opening itunes, enjoy Cydia, and at least make some sort of donation for the Dev-Teams hard work for this very easy jailbreak, even your grandma good follow the guides on greenpois0n's web site, and it should be a breeze!!
  • goingdown2hell
    via Wordpress
    first off, you need an activated micro sim card, insert it, if the chip is activated, your iphone will recognize it, if you dont have an activated sim, get one, until then, you can't unlock it! Once your iphone has an activated sim card installed, proceed to set it up, once its all set up, put it in wi-fi mode, download absinthe 2.0.2, make a folder on your desktop and unstract it to the folder, name it absinthe 2.0.2, open it up, connect your iphone, it should detect it if it is IOS 5.1.1 and hit the jailbreak button, since its a new phone, it should only take a few minutes to jailbreak your iPhone, once its done you should have Cydia on your phone! Now you need to install Winterboard, and to do this, open up Cydia, on the bottom of the screen select Sections, then go into All Packages, its the first one in the list, once in, navigate to W section on the right A-Z, and scroll until you see Winterboard, open it and install, then hit confirm, this way gaurantees installing winterboard on, some people are having troubles trying to install winterboard, but follow those unstructions and youll have winterboard installed next or somewhere close to Cydia!
  • goingdown2hell
    via Wordpress
    baseband 9B206, 5.1.1, just uograde it on your ohone or in iTunes, then open absinthe, connect your iphone and it will recognize it, then hit jailbreak, sit back and let it do its thing, once finished youll have Cydia installed, but then youll need to install winterboard, the gauranteed easiest way is to open up Cydi-sections-All Packages, A-Z, go to W, scroll until you see winterboard, once you get to winterboard, open it up and install it and confirm, this way gaurantees it to install, I've jailbroken many phones and installed winterboard this way, never mind installing pincrush winterboard, it will fail, follow my guidlines and youll have winterboard next to cydia or close
  • goingdown2hell
    via Wordpress
    the new jailbreak absinthe 2.0.1 worked like a charm for me, but now they released 2.0.2 for ppl having issues. Follow the guidlines exactly on www.greenpoison.com web site, make sure your phone is updated to IOS 5.1.1 then do a back up in iTunes, then on your iPhone do a full reset to factory defaults, activate your phone, put it in wi fi if possible, open absinthe 2.0.2, connect your iPhone and hit jailbreak, once its jailbroken youll have Cydia, next youll need an application called winterboard, nvrmind downloading pinchrush winterboard, it fails and sux!! This way guarantees installing winterboard, open cydia, go to sections, then all Packages, scroll down to W until you come up to winterboard, install and confirm, this way I guarantee will install it!
  • goingdown2hell
    via Wordpress
    back up your iPhone in itunes, then on your handset do a full reset, then jailbreak it, once jailbroken, connect it back to itunes and install your back up, and youll get all your data back on your phone
  • goingdown2hell
    via Wordpress
    this is the easiest jailbreak to date, no putting it in DFU mode, just make sure its 5.1.1 and download absinthe 2.0.2, I had zero problems using 2.01, so easy your grandma could do it so they say on greenpois0n's web site, plus he has a full tutorial to follow, back up your phone then do a hard reset to factory defaults, hit jailbreak, shouldnt take more than 10 minutes, once jailbroken, connect it back ti iTunes, click on restore back up
  • cecil
    cecil Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    IKR!!! Why pod2g no like ipad 2,4? Is this version so different from the other ipads?
  • kangarubicon
    kangarubicon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have the same still trying to find a fix
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    For anyone experiencing errors with Absinthe....I had troubles with Absinthe, error message after error, did all the things people were saying, general/reset/reset all settings, remove passcode, nothing worked. Finally found Snowbreeze issued the fix for 9B208, worked GREAT!! Thanks ‘breeze’!! Link: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/05/27/sn0wbreeze-2-9-5/
  • Gunawan
    Gunawan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I tried to jailbreak my ipad 1 with absinthe 2.0.2 and followed every step correctly. It was successful until I open the cydia in my ipad and then lost everything... I dont see "App store", "Compass", "Maps", even "Cydia" is no longer there.Then I tried to reset again but nothing change, please help....Btw, i also tried to jailbreak it once more but the absinthe said that my ipad is already jailbroken..Please helppppp
  • rrev
    rrev Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I've been trying to jailbreak my iphone 4 (GSM) iOS 5.1.1 (9B208), but Absinthe just keeps crashing when half way through the jailbreak (I've tried like 7 times)... Can anyone help? Or should I just do the tethered version for redsn0w and download the rockyracoon to untether it? Please Help!
  • merco
    merco Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Me too, after i jaibreak the phone now is pop on screen “Activation require ” and I dont't have the sim card of the carrier the phone is tied to... What should I do?
  • filbyglade
    filbyglade Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    you need this...If you depend on Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone, then you use Sn0wbreeze 2.9.4 (Windows only) or should wait for iPhone Dev team to release Redsn0w that adds support for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, which allows you to update to iOS 5.1.1 while preserving the baseband.
  • mustafa
    via Wordpress
    Wow thanks a bunch man!The thing is, that its a used phone, so i dont know exactly what simcard i should insert. I dont know how to find out what simcard its locked to.I have the correct version of absinthe etc, and i know how to jailbreak, but i just cant find a way to unlock this damn phone. I really dont know what to do and im afraid i waisted lots of money on a phone that i cant use :(