Absinthe 2.0.2 Adds Support For Revised iOS 5.1.1 (Build 9B208)

13»

Comments

• Tums
    Tums Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    worked like a CHARM!!! thanks!!! =D
  • Dbags1977
    Dbags1977 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have an iphone 4s jailbroken on ios 5.0 what is the process to upgrade to 5.1.1 with absinthe 2.0.2? Please help I have ideas but don't want to have more of a hassle than necessary.
  • SK HD
    SK HD Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have iphone 4 on version 5.1(tether jailbreak, locked BB. 04.12.01), i want to update to IOS 5.1.1 by preserving my baseband(cos i need unlock) and get the full jailbreak, what can i do? thanks for help ..
  • Tums
    Tums Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    1) download latest itunes2) back up your iphone with itunes3) update to the current firmware (5.1.1) with itunes (you will lose your jailbreak)4) download Absinthe rar file(latest version)5) extract the rar file6) run the absinthe-win-2.x.x.exe, which will extract a new folder7) open the newly extracted folder and run the Absinthe exe as an administrator (right-click > run as administrator)8) Plug in your iphone9) Once detected, press the Jailbreak button10) wait 5-10 mins for Absinthe to Jailbreak your phone11) if successfully completed, it will say something like "Done! Enjoy!"Hope that helps
  • Zonyit
    Zonyit Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    merco: After A LOT of reading I got to solved the activation require; donwloaded the iREB r5 from here: http://downloads.ih8sn0w.com/iREB-r5.zipfollow it... ONLY then you will be able to restore again you iphone but this time follow this article, so that you don´t need to activate it (read the part which says "Elige la opción Expert Mode y elige General, marca la casilla Activate the iPhone":http://getmovil.com/jailbreak/tutorial-sn0wbreeze-v2-9-4-jailbreak-untethered-ios-5-1-1/PS: Although I have my iphone unlocked, when I use my simcard it says no services :( any help would be highly appreciated)
  • Zonyit
    Zonyit Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    vandoren: After A LOT of reading I got to solved the activation require; donwloaded the iREB r5 from here: http://downloads.ih8sn0w.com/iREB-r5.zipfollow it... ONLY then you will be able to restore again you iphone but this time follow this article, so that you don´t need to activate it (read the part which says "Elige la opción Expert Mode y elige General, marca la casilla Activate the iPhone":http://getmovil.com/jailbreak/tutorial-sn0wbreeze-v2-9-4-jailbreak-untethered-ios-5-1-1/PS: Although I have my iphone unlocked, when I use my simcard it says no services :( any help would be highly appreciated)
  • Amnon
    Amnon Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Will this winterboard UNLOCK the phone ???
  • Amnon
    via Wordpress
    **** NO !goingdown2hell - this is exactly where you are going with stupid advises like thisIf You don't know what you are talking about than shut the hell up !Mustafa you are fucked (as I am )YOU CAN NOT UNLOCK THE DAMN PHONE!The only way you could do this is by putting an ipad modem but than you can kiss your GPS good by ....and there is no way you can reverse the process...Enjoy Apple ...I am hoping the worms are having a good time eating up this ass hole Steve Jobs and his great closed code idea - propriety my ASS
  • Amnon
    via Wordpress
    What are you thanking this idiot for ?
  • mustafa
    mustafa Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Why you call him a idiot? He used his time trying to explain in details what to do.The winterboard is probably because he thinks its important to have, i dont know.. but dont call the man an idiot. Thats not how this community is supposed to be.If everyone was acting like you, then we probably wouldnt have jailbreaks released for us all because the dev team wouldnt care about others.Please.. respect others as u want respect for yourself. If you dont want respect, then atleast respect others..Im not being rude or anything. Its just an advice. I hope u take it, and if u dont.. well then its up to you.
  • Dbags1977
    Dbags1977 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Thanks! Thats what I thought but wanted to be sure.
  • Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress
    Well, another successful JB. I upgraded from v4.2 which had been working very well with no issues. I held out on v5.0 because of the tethering. The v2.0.2 was just what I was waiting for to finally upgrade. This was a simple upgrade and no issues on my Iphone 4. I like how I was able to restore everything back. Congrats! Chronic Dev team for another job well done..
  • Amnon
    via Wordpress
    He is a fucking idiot you know why ?Because giving **** information is worse than not giving any information at all.You ask for unlock and the idiot gives you a whole process to go through that is not related to unlocking your phone.You used to be able to search for information and the one that you would find was goodNow you go to sites like you tube and you have ass holes like him posting bullshit information , making you go to a whole process for nothing ! Understand Mustafa?
  • gio
    gio Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    hey everyone, i have iphone 4s with 5.1 software, and it is unlocked with Gevey sim, now i want to jailbreak, but can't jailbreak on 5.1, my question is if i upgrade to 5.1.1 and jailbreak will i keep my unlock or i'll have to buy new gevey sim?? please let me know, thank you in advance
  • bd
    bd Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i had the same issue with absinthe but i tried with snowbreeze instead and in there it gives you the option of activating. here's a link: http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/download-sn0wbreeze-2-9-5-snowbreeze-5-1-1-jailbreak.htmlhope this helped!
  • ejie
    ejie Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Why can't I download the Absinthe 2.0.2? I'm always getting "Page not found". Any help will be appreciated.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Chronic Dev team has released a new version of Absinthe 2.0.4, you can download it from here:http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/05/absinthe-2-0-4-supports-ipad-2-4.html