Widgets for Dashboard X: Dashtweet, Music, Clock

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWidgets for Dashboard X: Dashtweet, Music, Clock

Couple of weeks back, we told you about Dashboard X - a jailbreak tweak that brings widgets to iPhone's Home screen.

While Dashboard X includes full support for the Notification Center widgets, we're already seeing custom widgets that have been specially created for Dashboard X.

We take a look at these Dashboard X custom widgets:

Dashtweet:

As the name suggests, Dashtweet is a Dashboard X widget for Twitter. It allows you to quickly send  tweets right from the Home screen.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rohan
    rohan Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    "We're waiting for someone to create a custom widget for Google search, as it would be a lot quicker to search from the Home Screen than launching mobile Safari and using the search bar."iphone already does have the option to search google, just swipe left where you can see the search box and enter text in the text box and you can search google or wikipedia. Of course if there are matching apps or contacts with the same name, then iphone will display them first and the option to search against google will be at the end.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    True, but you have to swipe left to access it, so it is as good as launching Safari and as you've mentioned it displays things like apps, contacts etc, which is also not ideal when you want to search the web.In fact, mobile Safari is a better option compared to Spotlight.
  • BCSC
    BCSC Posts: 49
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys look, now you can own androids! Except for the fact that it still runs crap iOS. Quit stealing Android features and use your iphones for the garbage that they are.
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    What you write doesn't make sense
  • Cydiahelpsux
    Cydiahelpsux Posts: 72
    via Wordpress
    Do all Android fanboys scan iPhone blogs to show what trolling f*ckwits they are, or just you?
  • rohans
    rohans Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    dont start this... even die hard Android fans accept that android copied everything from iphone and then introduced few new features
  • Levi
    Levi Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    DROID Sucks .... wouldnt own one and anyonethat i knew that did couldnt wait to get ride of it .... NEXT
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    Just out of curiosity, what did android steal? Themes, scrollable widgets, face unlock, the ability to set a default browser, lower case letters on the keyboard, third party sources the app drawer, folders in folders, sd cards, custom rom ability? Oh, my bad, Apple cant do those. Were you aware that a week after ICS was released apple tried to patent face unlocking, and just last week applied for a patent on a stylus ala Note. Sounds pretty innovative to me. You may have a polished OS but you still don't have freedom.
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    The fact alone that almost every jailbreak app or tweak is to enable a feature that comes built into Android says enough. You have to hack your system to achieve the level of ours. What will you do when apple does shut the door on jailbreaking? Don't imagine it will be another apple product. Have fun waiting fora jailbreak for 3 more months after ios 6 is released so that you can use your android features again!
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    It's all of us. Reading Apple news is kinda like looking at a kid with downs syndrome. You know you shouldn't look but you cant help it.
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    OOPS I forgot Siri, The copy of Google Voice Actions released in 2010, a year earlier.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Oh yeah, that's why Google's Voice Action got so much coverage and Siri didn't :)
  • Kaeru
    Kaeru Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    My school lended an Android Nexus One to me for development. It is so weird that Nexus One has almost 2 times faster processor and 2 times bigger memory than iPhone 3GS, but it is lagging all the time... 3GS is so smooth. And what else, last system for Nexus One officially rolled out is Android 2.3.6 in my country. Pardon, why I have to root the device to install a new system? That is also why Android sucks.
  • Saj
    Saj Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I see in these blogs fan Boys arguing from each side apple/android. I don't think any android is superior or iOS is less superior. The both OS are fantastic, its a matter of personal choice based on needs.
  • Plat
    Plat Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Would love to see someone make a Dash-X widget for the iPad that displays weather conditions and the fore (iPad does not have a native weather app) If there is one out there that I am missing please let me know.
  • Cydiahelpsux
    via Wordpress
    So kinda like looking in the mirror for you then
  • Jim Jack And Johnny
    via Wordpress
    I wish there was a neat little widget for accessing scores to sports game easily. My gf owns a razr maxx and has a widget for scoremobile that is pretty bad*ss for scrolling through scores. That's about the only thing I like about her phone more than my iPhone 4, though. My iPhone 4 is as fast as it was the day I got it even with lots of tweaks. Unfortunately she's been through 3 androids since I got my 4 and even this new one has began to slow down. Hey, if you like androids, great. If you like iPhones, great. No need to argue. That's why we have choices of what we want to buy.
  • Kimk69
    Kimk69 Posts: 213
    via Wordpress
    Yeah Plat, go and get Belfry from Cydia. It puts all the stock iPhone apps onto the iPad. Only problem is u might have to wait a few cause the developer Ryan, is in the middle of updating it for the new 5.1.1 iOS unless its done already I have to check. Anyway, it el put the weather and stocks into the notification center which is pretty cool and then there's many other tweaks to also get it onto the lockscreen. Not sure if that's what your looking for but it works out pretty good.
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    The reason Siri got so much coverage is because Apple's media machine needed to push a new feature to convince people to buy the same phone again. Aside from Siri, you got a camera with 3 more mp and slightly better bluetooth. Is that worth the 700 dollars to own the 4s? Its just a matter of time before Apple fans get tired of the cat and mouse jailbreak thing and come to where you are the cat. In october you will get your new iphone and buy it because it looks different, but it still wont be as functional as Android phones. 3-4 months after that, you will be able to jailbreak it to be able to free it like an android.....its just a matter of time.
  • Jim Jack And Johnny
    via Wordpress
    Just out of curiosity... How much was your phone if you weren't upgrading your contract? the iPhone only costs that much if you're buying it outright. I paid $200 for my phone when the 4 came out and it's still fast and running well versus my girlfriend who has gone through 3 android phones since then and has always bought the newest and best android whenever it's come out. My battery still lasts longer than her razr maxx and still is just as fast other than the 4g internet speeds. Not to mention I paid $300 for her to get her phone WITH renewing her contract.
  • HEY
    HEY Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    oh i guess android created widgets and android created everything before the iphone well guess what? people create things and its been there way before a guy chose to put it on his android home screen but the good thing is that when u actually put widgets on the iphone it doesn't crash **** up or slow down to the point where u remove the widget
  • HEY
    HEY Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    now that's called trolling!
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    Let me get this straight, you were given a device that was released in January of 2010 and you are suprised it only runs gingerbread? You do not have to root ghat device. Odin is the program you use to flash software, which does not require root. If you have no idea how to do this and you are supposed to be developing then you had better stick to iphones where you don't need much knowledge to master the phone. Get your hands on an S2 and then tell me that your locked down system is even remotely comparable.
  • matatoto
    matatoto Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Let's face it Android sucks! Why this guy here trying to defense the product. Why attack the company with so much worthless ads if they are better? And at the same time don't even sell as much in months as ios do in days. Wait let me go and check out an Android website to see what's new lol... Android hacks.com hmmm. Nobody cares dude!
  • Micky1407
    Micky1407 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys, Just a head up that you can get a feature to place a google search in to dashboard x!All you need to do is download statusgoogle from cydia, then it adds the widget to the notification drop down, so then add a widget as normal using dashboard x and select google...and like magic you now have a google search on your home screen =)Hope this helps
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    Trolled from my Galaxy S2. Thats how you do it
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    The S3 had 9 million in pre sales while the 4S took a weekend to sell 4 mill. Wait yntil the figures come back in 3 days and then lets see what you say. You find me a site that advertises features that are stolen from iOS and i will conced defeat. Try androidpolice androidauthority android central mobilesyrup phonearena.......
  • BCSC
    via Wordpress
    Jim Jack, I had an iPhone 4 with a year anf a half left onmy contract. Im not saying this because I have no experience with iphones. I got tired of not having the right to control my phone, so i bought out my contract and got the S2 for free. I wont support a company like apple who will release an update with the sole purpose of shutting down jailbreaks. You should have the freedom to chose what your phone does and not be stuck with less. Iphones are clearly capable of doing these things like widgets and custimization, but you simple arent allowed to because apple said so. It sounds quitr like an oppressive regime, in the sense that you have to fight for your right to chose, only to have it snatched from you when apple finds out. Dont get me wrong, the phone itself is stylish and powerful. It's what controls it that kills it.
  • Cydiahelpsux
    via Wordpress
    Still looking in the mirror then