Apple Breaks Hardware Method to Unlock iPhone 3G with Firmware 2.2

Comments

• theJon5
    theJon5 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Oh ye of little faith!

www.any-network.com has a NEW version of the SIM proxy especially for 2.2!

It didn't take long!

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

Looks like Any-Network has a solution now for the iPhone 3G baseband ver 2.2. They have released the v3 of their SIM adapter which will work with latest iPhone 2.2. Read more about it on: http://www.any-network.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=14&category_id=3&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

There's a guy in Vietnam who can also unlock any iPhone 3G which have been upgraded to baseband 2.2. Read more about it on: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10107580-1.html or go to the guy's website at http://www.gsm.com.vn

• Ryo
    Ryo Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Funny people keep saying they upgrade by "accident."

It's only an accident if it did it all by itself after you connect your iphone to your PC or Mac. But you had to push this big button accepting the upgrade and they give you the option to cancel! Wouldn't it make sense for people who use hardware unlock to think for 5 seconds and say "hmmm... would my turbosim still work?"... wait.. I'm sorry... that actually took 2 seconds.

Accident? More like ID10T error to me.

• Ryo
    Ryo Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Ok, wait a minute. This guy has to take the chip out to reprogram it while the Apple update can erase everything this guy did and put a new baseband on it without the surgery?

Something just doesn't add up... is it possible to read the chip's contents after he reprograms it and transfer that to another iPhone via a hacked firmware update?

Just curious on how Apple can reprogram the chip without the surgery while this guy has to risk bricking a phone to do it.

Reply to----
    "There's a guy in Vietnam who can also unlock any iPhone 3G which have been upgraded to baseband 2.2. Read more about it on: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10107580-1.html or go to the guy's website at http://www.gsm.com.vn"

• Elizabeth Darr
    Elizabeth Darr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have found a TURBO SIM card that will work with the new 2.2 software. E-mail me at phoneunlockdoc at yahoo dot com and I can help you! SERIOUSLY, I have photos to prove it!!

• omega_008
    omega_008 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello, i live in Holland and have a contract with T-mobile and they unlock the phone for a fee, maybe you should call back you mobile provider and ask if they can unlock it...

• jdmcivic
    jdmcivic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i got question, i accidently upgrade to 2.2 but downgrade to 2.1 by using custom ipsw i find in the net, then after i jailbroken but my Modem Firmware r still 02.28 will that effect my future software unluck? and will my turbo sim still work? othr thing its after i restore the ipsw i reboot with quickpwn will that effect my future software unluck?

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

Add me to the list of people who are stuck with an expensive ipod touch. I was the most loyal apple customer before. Now i am thinking twice before my next purchase. I can't believe Apple would screw me like this. I am very disappointed in you Steve.

• Mariam Shah
    Mariam Shah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I updated it to 2.2 without knowing that it would cause such havoc.. naive me. No service ensued, following which I decided to restore my iPhone to its original factory settings. Now, I cant even use it at ALL. Only for Emergency Calls. Great help that is. I'm soooooooooooooo pissed off right now. What should I do?!?!?!?

• ben
    via Wordpress

To the last poster. You can still jailbreak your iphone so it can be used as an expensive ipod touch. That is the situation i am in at the moment. I actually have 2 bricked iphones. I live in Taiwan where Iphone was not available so i bought 2 on e-bay, 1 for me 1 for a friend. I updated both of them like an idiot. I personally will not buy another Apple product until this issue is resolved. I was the biggest apple supporter before... Now i am beginning to see them as just another big greedy company.

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I was the biggest apple lover until my Iphone i bought on e-bay was bricked by v2.2 . Just for the record the original owner of the Iphone fulfilled the terms of their contract with AT&T. They either paid a penalty for canceling their contract or completed it. I was the proud owner of a Macbook Pro, I have also been directly responsible for converting well over 25 windows users to mac users. Furthermore i got my company to buy Macs for top management. That all has all come to an end. I am so disappointed in the level of greed displayed by apple and their CEO Steve Jobs. I am now pledging for now on to no longer promote apple products. I can't wait to short Apple stock just before their next big event. Any interested parties should take a look at how Apple's stock always falls sharply just after their big biannual announce event. I wrote 2 papers on this during my MBA. Check it out yourself. I will be busy undoing all the good will i have shown Apple over the years.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Hey Guys, please excuse this question for it may be something pointed out elsewhere. I have a 3G iPhone with AT&T and just want to jailbreak it for additional features (Qik, etc.). I don't care to unlock the phone ever really, so can I run the Pwnage Tool in Simple Mode and accomplish this without bricking the phone? I have the 2.2 update. Thanks

• Luiz Laba
    Luiz Laba Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my 3G to 2.2 using my turbo sim, after I noticed it does not work anymore, I RESTORED in itunes, and even witha older version of TURBOSIM, it no longer recognizes the SIM CARD, it requires a ORIGINAL SIM!!!which I don't have.
    I am with no SOLUTION, since now I do not have any firmware in my ipone!
    What to do?

• luka
    luka Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • Oliver Pawlowski
    Oliver Pawlowski Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hello I am one of those people who updated 2.2 firmware to my iphone through itunes ( accidently ) and tried to use Tmobile service and didn't get any service..I do have gevey 3g sim card which doesn't seem to help atm. Can someone please tell me what I should do next? Is there any updates or sim cards yet for the baseband for 2.2 firmware on unlocked users? Please help me out thanks all~

• ben
    via Wordpress

Hi All,
    Don't worry help is on the way in the next week i will test a few different 2.2 turbo sims. Once i have results on the best solution i will let you know. I have several orders in from different suppliers just be patient and conserve your anger and frustration toward Steve "i am so greedy" Jobs. Oh an do not waste your money on any software solutions. Those are free from the wonderful people at the iphone development team. Sadly they have not yet released their software solution. Don't worry we will be back on our iphones in no time.

• summi99
    summi99 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have updated my iphone 3g to 2.2 and was able to downgrade to 2.1 using a ziphone patch,im using a turbo sim and im able to make outgoing calls on my 2.1 iphone 3g ,but i am not able to recieve any incoming calls, it says user switched off ,this is because my modem firmware is still 2.28, it needs to be downgraded to 2.1,
    the modem firmware did not downgrade when i downgraded from 2.2 to 2.1,
    i am waiting for quickpwn to release the new quickPWN2.2beta software to fix this problem..

• ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

any-network haven't shipped my 2.2 adapter yet - 4 days after ordering - and I haven't heard a legitimate customer who HAS had one ship. Avoid these guys

• ian
    via Wordpress

any-network haven't shipped my 2.2 adapter yet - 4 days after ordering - and I haven't heard a legitimate customer who HAS had one ship. Avoid these guys

• ian
    via Wordpress

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 134
    via Wordpress

Any ideas when the unlock for the 3g v2.2 will come out ??
    I bought the phone in the us (AT&T locked) and it was upgraded to 2.2 I do not live in the usa and can not use it, since it gives "no service". Any possible solutions in the near future ???

Thanks.

• ben
    via Wordpress

Hey Everyone,
    I got my first set of "working" turbo sims from china. They seem to work fine when in 1 location, but i need to do some testing. A little update, the I-smartphone sim seems to be a little unstable so far. I tested 2 of them 1 did not work off the bat the other worked fine so i gave it to a friend who is now having problems with it. I will continue testing the turbo sims and let you all know the progress. Stay strong and boycott apple for their greedy behavior. No Itunes apps until we have fully functioning iphones.

• Chaser
    Chaser Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Please check this video, it helps, 2.2 iphone 3g with 2.28 baseband unlock.

• Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress

i downgrade my version 2.2 to 2.1 but the fuckn baseban still on 2.28 i want to know if there is a solution to use with that baseband o a program downgrade the baseband please help

• William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

I also have updated to 2.2 using legal itunes 8.0.1, and downgrade it to 2.1 using quickpwn21-1. but the baseband version remains 2.28.00 (which is 2.2 version) and don't get any connection using my turbosim. is there any way to downgrade the baseband?

what about if i upgrade the firmware to 2.2 using quickpwn22 and firmware2.2? can it work to my TURBO SIM???

• ozzi
    ozzi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi, i recently updated my iphone to ver 2.2 on itunes and since then it had gotten locked and my turbo sim was of no use as it showed no service but then i took it to some shop where they sold me a stealth sim and the service came back on but the problem is its unreliable as the network service keeps going on and off ? any ideas or solutions

• pyjamas from hk
    pyjamas from hk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just upgraded mine to 2.2 b4 seeing this remind...... by the way, new turbosim do work with some carrier in HK, no PCCW and 3HK. There are something to be reminded, 1. when phone show 'no services', have to use another phone with the sim to connect and make call. then put it back to iphone with turbosim. 2. no edge services 3. when enable 3G, only outgoing call could be made.
    strange ehh? sigh...

• Tzafir
    Tzafir Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have also upgraded my 3G iPhone with itunes and now it shows 'no service'. Please help with a solution.
    Is there any way to downgrade the baseband ?

• mouse
    mouse Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The V3 2.2 chip dose not work, its a con.
    Do not go near any_network.com .
    I have had one for 3 weeks and will not work . no help from any-network and no refund.
    use yellowsn0w working perfect.