Step-by-Step Guide to Unlock iPhone 3G

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStep-by-Step Guide to Unlock iPhone 3G

The iPhone dev team released the much awaited software solution to unlock iPhone 3G so that users can use any GSM carrier's SIM, a perfect New Year gift for all those waiting to unlock their iPhone 3G. Here is a detailed step-by-step guide to unlock iPhone 3G using Dev team's...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Leif Ims
    Leif Ims Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It worked after I did a reset

• ake
    ake Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

mine only works when I insert the card and do a full reboot(i.e pressing the Home and Sleep button simultaneously)

• cvayas
    cvayas Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

after doing the BossPrefs method the 'searching' message appears and it wont go away. any extra hints? thanks in advanced!

• Stephen
    Stephen Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

Mine didn't work with the above tips but also worked after doing a full reboot holding the home and off buttons down.

• LaurenNYC
    LaurenNYC Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks very much!! This guide is super helpful and clear. I am completely new to this Iphone world / Jailbreaking/Unlocking etc. so I'm really grateful for the clear advice.

I had to use your workarounds and Method 3 was the one that made it work

I have a iphone 3g latest firmware and baseband. I have a relatively old Tmobile SIM

• kody
    kody Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

this may be a stupid question but will the iphone 3g work on tmobile's 3g network? or just on edge? and would the g1 plan work as well? so i can switch back and forth without having to change my plan.

• Kwame
    Kwame Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Thanks Dev Team.It worked perfectly for me here in Ghana...Africa for those dumb f*** who don't know.I used the reset network setting after i downloaded the yellowsn0w from cydia and then turn on and off the airplane mode and viola,it worked.I am relieved.Long live Dev Team and all those who helped

• JP
    JP Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

Installed, no problem. Had an issue with the network falling off every 30 secs (showed 5 bars, but couldn't send / receive). Did a hard power-off (held power and home button simultaneously) took out my SIM while it was powered off. Turned it back on, then once "No SIM installed" showed up, I put the SIM back in and it worked fine. Thanks to the Dev Team for the good work.

• iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

My iPhone 3g is working with TIGO in GUATEMALA...thanks very much...at first it didn't work but then I used method 2 and nothing happen but then I reboot after method 2 and voila!! THANKS!

• JCaine
    JCaine Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Mine worked like a charm. Installed yellowsn0w, reboot and it is up and running. I am in MALAYSIA subscribed to Celcom. Good Job Dev Team. Thanks a million

• rhythm
    rhythm Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i dont hav wi-fii system in my house & my turbo sim dony support 2.2 so how can i access yellowsn0w via EDGE ?
    PLZ HELP ME.

• Mng
    Mng Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Installation worked perfect. It worked with another sim after resetting the network settings. A BIG thanks from me !

• K Nolan
    K Nolan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Works perfectly with Meteor/Eircom.
    I updated Via expert mode in Pwnage tool.
    Thanks to all at iPhone Dev team!

• Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

Works great here in Guam!!
    thanks Dev Team...at first i thought it didnt work because it keep saying "invalid sim" then i remebered i forgot to reboot it! xD
    thanks a million to you guys!

• BIGDRDOK
    BIGDRDOK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! BOY!!!!!!! I HAVE AN UNLOCKED IPHONE 3G BABY!!!!!!!!! :-) THANKS FOR EVERYTHING(DEV TEAM)(IPHONEHACKS.COM)

• tihspeed
    tihspeed Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have been working on unlocking my phone for over three weeks(usa,tmobile). I even ordered some stupid sim card off the net(still awaiting delivery) .yellowsn0w is the bomb yo. I got discouraged in the beginning because nothing was working on making my phone search for a carrier(method 1,3&4). Out of desperation i tried method 2 and i was not getting the same results as mentioned but everything from 4 on seemed to do the trick... Yahooooo... unlocked 3G *Thanks Dev Team* from vegas

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

finally, the last method worked (4), maybe the easiest, hehe, thank guys!!!!

• TY
    TY Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

anyone have a boost in their tmobile service? usually areas where i drop service i get bars now! that's a nice surprise.

any rules with this? like don't use airplane mode or anything?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

if you unlock your iphone and insert a SIM card such as t-mobile, will it charge your t-mobile service extra since you used the data plan on the iphone?

• naruto
    naruto Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

thank you for those brilliant steps to unlock iPhone

• naruto
    naruto Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

If it is not risk free why so many people want to unlock their iPhone, I think this is danger remembering on the useless of our iPhone when we are failed.

• temka
    temka Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

thanks all,I'm from Mongolia and i unlocked my friends phone today. i did method 4, thanks for reda92

• woom
    woom Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Have any one success unlock with AT&T carrier?

• Robin
    Robin Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

It worked for me! YAY the shackles of AT&T have come off, although no more 3G or visual voicemail. I don't care I hate AT&T....

The whole thing went smooth thanks to this tutorial. It has now been unlocked for about 15 hours and this is what I've noticed:

You have to reset your NETWORK settings. Now that I reset the settings my son's t-mobile sim works perfect and my AT&T sim is crappier (hard to believe that AT&T service could get crappier).... the AT&T service is horrible now. I mean it works 1/10th of the time, it's ok though because I reopened an account with T-mobile and ported my number.... My son needed a new phone anyway and AT&T SUCKS.

Jailbreaking - I've been wanting to jailbreak it forever but just never did and I have to say I wish I would have done it sooner!!!! MMS messaging!! SMS via landscape mode!!! Video Recorder!! Tons of ringtones, I can go on and on. Again, AT&T sucks to enslave the iPhone the way they did not allowing MMS, etc.. Thanks for all of the help!

• Robin
    Robin Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

It worked for me! YAY the shackles of AT&T have come off, although no more 3G or visual voicemail. I don't care I hate AT&T....

The whole thing went smooth thanks to this tutorial. It has now been unlocked for about 15 hours and this is what I've noticed:

You have to reset your NETWORK settings. Now that I reset the settings my son's t-mobile sim works perfect and my AT&T sim is crappier (hard to believe that AT&T service could get crappier).... the AT&T service is horrible now. I mean it works 1/10th of the time, it's ok though because I reopened an account with T-mobile and ported my number.... My son needed a new phone anyway and AT&T SUCKS.

Jailbreaking - I've been wanting to jailbreak it forever but just never did and I have to say I wish I would have done it sooner!!!! MMS messaging!! SMS via landscape mode!!! Video Recorder!! Tons of ringtones, I can go on and on. Again, AT&T sucks to enslave the iPhone the way they did not allowing MMS, etc.. Thanks for all of the help!

• pinoy
    pinoy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

where can you get cydia?

• Suriathep
    Suriathep Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the information and guide, works fine here in Thailand. Everything works fine, WiFi, Edge, GPRS, except tried to dial or call out, it said 'Call Failure. Can't dial out at all but can receive calls which is very strange. Does anyone has this problem?

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Thanks from Venezuela Dev Team. Keep up the good work

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

@pinoy,

Cydia will be installed on your iPhone after you have jailbroken your iPhone using QuickPwn (assuming you select it).

• Joey
    Joey Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Thanks a lot, software unlock works great on aljawal STC Saudi Arabia. Many many thanks.