Step-by-Step Guide to Downgrade from iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 to Firmware 2.2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageStep-by-Step Guide to Downgrade from iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 to Firmware 2.2

One of the most common problems after Apple releases its the latest firmware update for the iPhone is that some users who have jailbroken their iPhone end up losing the jailbreak and all the jailbreak iPhone apps and if they have unlocked their iPhone end up locking their iPhone if...

Read the full story here

Comments

• BP
    BP Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • bcdef86@googlemail.com
    via Wordpress

it didn't work , so i am stuck with firmware 2.2.1 for now. not happy at all

• illjuan3@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

3G USERS I HAVE THE !!! fix !!

THIS DOWNGRADE BLOG IS NOT FOR 3G USERS AT ALL IF YOU ARE 3G HERE IS THE FIX

1.RESTORE TO 2.2 AND LET IT GO THRU TILL YOU RECIEVE THE ERROR 10xx OR WATEVER U RECIEVE
    2.EXIT ITUNES THEN FOLLOW THE STEPS IN THE VIDEO I DID IT EVERYTHING EVEN PUTTING MY ALREADY IN RECOVERY MODE PHN BACK INTO RECOVERY MODE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1jiPE9nnY

DONT THANK ME POST A COMMENT ON HIS YOUTUBE VIDEO HE SAVED ME!!!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

What was the issue?

Sent from my iPhone

• bcdef86
    bcdef86 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i got error "1013" , you said it should be ignored in your guide but the result of that is no firmware on your phone and you have to start from the beginning once again. so i guess i will have to use 2.2.1

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

The guide had worked for ezio-xb who tried this on his iPhone 3G as mentioned in the post above.

• BBD
    BBD Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Don't you guys have better things to do than to screw with your phone constantly? I do. That is why I run with stock Apple firmware now. No more troubles. My phone always works as expected (without lag issues) when I want it. No more contant restoring, worrying about updates breaking stuff, crashes, slowness. Everything is gravy without jailbreak and I don't miss anything.

• STENDEC
    STENDEC Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Don't you have better things to do than criticize others for using THEIR phones the way THEY want? And since this is iPhone Hacks after all, I would've thought that this would be the sort of place for, you know, hacking the iPhone. Just a thought.

• illjuan3@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

you dont listen the firmware is on there its just not activating follow the steps and you will be ok if you perform half the steps expect an half ass job!!!

• monka@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

i get the 1013 error am on a mac so when i start up quick pwn it doesn't do any thing i cannot select my phone so it just stays with the connect to itune screen until i restore it back to 2.2.1 any help?

• BP
    BP Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I successfully down graded I just cant seem to get connected to my service and I do have att

• skp
    skp Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

no workie for me either

• skp
    via Wordpress

this is the one. worked like a champ!! thanks

1.RESTORE TO 2.2 AND LET IT GO THRU TILL YOU RECIEVE THE ERROR 10xx OR WATEVER U RECIEVE
    2.EXIT ITUNES THEN FOLLOW THE STEPS IN THE VIDEO I DID IT EVERYTHING EVEN PUTTING MY ALREADY IN RECOVERY MODE PHN BACK INTO RECOVERY MODE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1jiPE9nnY

• skp
    via Wordpress

just realized that I cannot connect to AT&T now either, anyone have anything on this??

• ct
    ct Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Me too, can downgrade to 2.2 BUT no luck with service.
    Despite I use FACTORY UNLOCK 3G iPhone :-(

• bcdef86
    via Wordpress

follow the instructions in the youtube video and it doesn work.

• bcdef86
    via Wordpress

thanks , it does work.

• Krista
    Krista Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

its jan 30 and i woke up at 5am with m y iphone 3g going NUTS it kept vibrating two times rough every so many seconds or minutes..
    I awoke to find only emergecy call available i was beyond confused thinking i hit it sleeping.. i tryed to open it with the slider and now it said to restore to itunes so i pluged it in ( i dont read these sites now that i read about the new update after researching what happened)

Now i bought this unlocked with yellowsnow and my old 2g ( my savor for now) wasnt unlocked with yellow snow.

backto the point were can i download the downgrade firmware? can someone make a video for everyone who has no idea how to go about unlocking it ( hence i never did it in the first place! but yellow snow did seem pretty stupid to me when i researched it)

any news or updates when devo will crack it?

Apple makes me so mad, I wanted more so i switched from blackberry curve at first i missed it but now ive grown to love the iphone.

• Krista
    Krista Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

update i tryed to downgrade my firmware and i got after the ten minute process ..

http://www.blogsdna.com/1838/download-yellowsn0w-to-unlock-iphone-3g-firmware-22-baseband-02280-2.htm

i got this one error 1002
    any ideas?

• jeffwg@gmail.com
    jeffwg@gmail.com Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Luckily I made it in Windows Vista! I downgraded my iPhone 3G from 2.2.1 following the above-mentioned steps, then I got the error 1013 and I ignored it.

It comes to the most important part:-
    1. Disconnect the iPhone3G from iTunes when it comes across the error 1013. (Actually the firmware 2.2 is already successfully installed)
    2. Launch Quickpwn 2.2-1, at this time, quickpwn will pop up a window telling you to hold down both of the power & home buttons for 15 seconds then release the home button but keep holding the power button for another 2 seconds to re-activate your iPhone3G.
    3. Then you will see a white apple as usual and the iPhone 3G is now re-activating.
    4. You can see a normal screen with those lovely icons and your service back to normal.
    5. Jailbreak it using the ready launched Quickpwn tool.

I'm now reinstalling everything from Cydia.

Good luck to all of you:-)

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey jeffwg,

Thanks for the tip!

We have updated the post with your instructions for the benefit of other readers who might hit the same issue.

Thanks again.

• iPhoneUser9800
    iPhoneUser9800 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

With the new updated, THIS REALLY WORKS!! if u were stupid enuff to had updated your iphone, get back to 2.2 here. I was up all night tryna figure how to do this, **** what other sites say THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO DOWNGRADE. Dat 2.2.1 sucked soo bad

• Jammerzz
    Jammerzz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The iphone 3G can be downgraded back to 2.2 but once you updated to 2.2.1 It won't allow any GSM network except ATnT..yellow snow doesnt work..network cannot be unlocked we have to wait for the dev team to unlock the baseband..until then it's an ipod touch which is sad...

• jeffwg@gmail.com
    jeffwg@gmail.com Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Sorry about it! As you can see the baseband is already upgraded to 02.30 even though you downgrade your firmware from 2.2.1 to 2.2. So it means we can only jailbreak it without the ability to unlock it.

• Alex III
    Alex III Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hello dev team and a big thanks for the unlocking 3g slution which worked perfectly on my iphone 3g with 2.2 firmware ... but all that untill my _____ brother upgrade it to 2.2.1 and relock my phone again ... well i managed to downgrade it just like the instructions given by your team and i also jailbrake it with the error 1013 but i ignored it and worked just fine but cause my modem firmware stayed 02.30. i can not unlock it .... please dev team help me solving this problem asap... thank you in advance thank you very much

• Naz
    Naz Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Ok guys I did all the steps, I got error 1013 and then used quickpwn which put it back to 2.2 although the modem firmware didn't change, two things in my about first when using an ATT sim card the network was nul nul, I took that out went to my Gevey plus T-mobile I get a signal for like two sec. then back to no service which is no difference from after that stupid update to 2.2.1 ... I will try to downgrade to an earlier version and will keep you posted ...
    Ohh and I couldn't run the instructions on my macbook pro . thank God I still have a pc ;) but again there was no point cause it's not working as a phone ;(
    TIP :I have my IPhone 3g froze on me earlier and I tried a bunch of reset for it finally I decided to try quickpwn and it helped unfreezing it in dfu.

• Starla
    Starla Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

For those of you having problems!!!

You should FIRST figure out what your problem is!

Are you one of the people that was using an unlocked iPhone with another carrier (like TMobile for example) and accidentally plugged in your iPhone to iTunes and installed the new 2.2.1 on your phone?

If so, On your iphone, go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > ABOUT: now scroll down to "Version" and then scroll down to "Modem". Depending on what these numbers say - will depend on what your options are at this point.

The problems lies not really too much with what the "Version" says - it is what the "Modem" says that is the biggest issue at this point.

IF you are only interested in JAILBREAKING your iphone.... follow the instructions in this youtube video to DOWNGRADE from 2.2.1 back to 2.2. This will make it to where you can use your phone with ATT only but you can jailbreak it to put other fun stuff on your phone.

IF you are interested in UNLOCKING your iphone - check to see what the version and modem read on your phone...

IF version says "2.2" and modem DOES NOT say "02.30.03" then, go to the following website and do everything they tell you to do.
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

however, IF you are interested in UNLOCKING your iphone and the version says "2.2.1" and the modem says "02.30.03" YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE AT THIS TIME.

from what I have read today online - there are teams working on hacking it - but until they do - you have a nice itouch to play with :)

I know it SUCKS!!! I myself am dealing with this issue. I have been on the computer for HOURS trying to make my fun little phone work. :(

Hope this has helped. I just tried to compile everything I learned today in one spot.

Use the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1jiPE9nnY

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Starla,

We are sorry to hear about your iPhone, but thanks for the brilliant summary for the benefit of other readers.

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

i have jailbroken my fone but i dont have a signal so i am unable to make calls does anybody know why i would be very gratefull for ur help.

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

i'm having the exact problem as monka. I start up Quickpwn 2.2 and I don't get the pop-up at all. Just the Quickpwn launch screen, however it doesn't see that I have the iphone 3G plugged in ... ??