Step-by-Step Guide to Downgrade from iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 to Firmware 2.2

Comments

• Calichick213
    Calichick213 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know how to reinstall the basic iPhone apps? like camera and text, because i used the "Catories" app and now when i restored my last back-up there gone....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Calichick213,

Try installing Poof or SB Settings from Cydia and using them to unhide your
    apps and folders. This was a suggestion by Aragorn121, one of our readers
    for a similar issue.

• IMAD
    IMAD Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Hi, I think that I have made a huge mistake .. am not sure !! I have an iPhone 3G, and it was on the 2.0 version .. so I used this tutorial to update it to 2.2.1 (Jailbreaking) and everything worked just fine, but when I tried to Unlock it using YellowSnow but it didnt work, even after switching off the 3G and the PIN Code ! Here is my iPhone info.: Version: 2.2.1 (5H11) Modem Firmware: 02.08.01 Pleas I need your help !

• Joinis
    Joinis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ok so i have upgraded to 2.2.1 with itunes and cant unlock but its jailbroken...i got 02.30.03...so i guess i cant downgrade to 2.2 and unlock

if i can id or not be greatful for an answer
    thx cya

• Eduardo
    Eduardo Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Didn't work also for me . The process was completed, but the firmvare .30. is still there,and the phone locked

• Rami
    Rami Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

jeffwg thank you so much!i have updated the post following yout instructions, it works!
    the firmware 2.2 is succesfully installed but the baseband is still 02.30.03
    i have to wait <"~")!!!!!

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

The downgrade from firmware 2.2.1 to 2.2 works on mine. However, SAD to say the baseband is still 02.30.03. So yellowsn0w does not work.

Is there a way to restore to default factory settings or even downgrade the baseband?

Need Help!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey nick,

There is currently no method available to downgrade the baseband. We will
    keep you posted in case someone figures something out. So stay tuned here at
    iPhone Hacks.

• martitishka
    martitishka Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Greetings fellow funsters, so, ive used the new pwnage tool to upgrade to 2.2.1 and it worked beautifully, nicely jaolbroken .. HOWEVER ... i cannot unlock my phone and the modem firmware is 02.11.07 .. VERY confusing indeed. Do any of you clever chaps have any suggestions for a poor iphone rookie please? I use a Mac laptop. I've no choice but to 'hack' my phone, I live in Dubai and the iPhone isn't support here in the dessert yet ...... Any help would be greatly appriciated. Cheers, Martitishka :)

• martitishka
    martitishka Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Greetings fellow funsters, so, ive used the new pwnage tool to upgrade to 2.2.1 and it worked beautifully, nicely jaolbroken .. HOWEVER ... i cannot unlock my phone and the modem firmware is 02.11.07 .. VERY confusing indeed. Do any of you clever chaps have any suggestions for a poor iphone rookie please? I use a Mac laptop. I've no choice but to 'hack' my phone, I live in Dubai and the iPhone isn't support here in the dessert yet ...... Any help would be greatly appriciated. Cheers, Martitishka :)

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey martitishka,

You have not been able to unlock iPhone 3G as Dev Team's yellowsn0w
    application can only unlock baseband 02.28.00.

iPhone firmware 2.1 came bundled with 02.11.07, firmware 2.2 came bundled
    with baseband 02.28.00 and firmware 2.2.1 comes bundled with baseband

So looks like you were on firmware 2.1 before using the custom firmware
    created using the PwnageTool to update your iPhone with firmware 2.2.1 and
    preserve its baseband. So though your iPhone 3G got upgraded to firmware
    2.2.1 using the custom firmware, your baseband remain untouched at 02.11.07.

You should first update your iPhone with firmware 2.2 (you can use this
    guide) so your baseband gets updated to 02.28.00 and then restore your
    iPhone using custom firmware created using the PwnageTool. After your
    baseband has been upgraded to 02.28.00, you should be able to unlock iPhone
    3G using Dev Team's yellowsn0w app.

Please remember to follow the instructions very carefully.

• Casper25
    Casper25 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

IT WORKED FOR ME TOO. I had to scroll down after a few tries and Quickpwn it, but it worked. I still need to unlock because I bought it off ebay already updated to 2.2.1 and the unlocked baseband. Thank you for the tip Iphonehacks.

• abdul
    abdul Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

HELLO! GUYS .
    i NEED SOME HELP FROM YOU ALL.
    I DOWNGRADED IPHONE 3G fIRMWARE from 2.2.1 to 2.2: but the modem firmware on my iphone 3g stays the same as 02.30.03 . when downgrading to 2.2 the modem firmware should change to 02.28.00
    what should i do next?
    anything would help

• sharad
    sharad Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how go for dfu mode

• angkung
    angkung Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Here is something new development and I need somebody to help me cause I think we are just to resolve it.

1. I try downgrade the modem 2.30.03 to 2.28.00 by copy BBUpdaterExtreme, ICE2_2.28.00.eep, ICE2_2.28.00.fls (there were quite several forum share this, kindly find your self) - So the first I did with the SIM card install, I don't know what happen and need manual restart. (I think this is some thing wrong, it should restart auto matically)

2.I redo the above and awsome, it restart by itself. This step actualy replace as much 2.30.03 file and replace with 2.28.00.

3.Using itune, I restore 2.2 version with iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore. with out SIMcard.

4. Amazingly there were no error (10xxx) apear and my 3G 8GB 4 days ago I bought in China with $700 restart normaly with the small lock icon at the middle top and message "No SIM card Installed, Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iphone!!" with the background picture itune icon with USB and some small white arrow up.

5.I stuck here mannn, but I dont know yet what is the modem version now, since when I try to slide unlock, it goes to emergency call only.

6. So I plan to use Quickpwn225-2 and see what happen may be I can use back the yellwsnow

• angkung
    angkung Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

What is the thing to unlock 3G iphone?

• Keith Montgomery
    Keith Montgomery Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thank you, thank you. Got my 2G up and running again, thanks to your advice. LESSON LEARNED: DO NOT UPGRADE!

By the way, it's no longer necessary to downgrade from 2.2.1 on the 2G. QuickPwn ran with 2.2.1 on my 2G (Mac)

Cheers guys.

Keith

• mauryb6@aol.com
    mauryb6@aol.com Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

have a 1st gen iphone which was unlock with previous version soft. i upgraded it succesfully to 2.2.1. the phone got locked. then i used quickpwn 2.2.5-2 to jailbreak it and reunlock it. each time i put my O2 sim the phone works perfectly, as soon as i put another one from a different one for example ORANGE i've got the message:"Different sim card inserted, please connect to itunes with the activation screen" " emergency only" but the carier network is ok. pleaz help me.i also tried to downgrade firmware to 2.2 but still the same. help me pleaz!!!

• mauryb6@aol.com
    mauryb6@aol.com Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

by the way my baseband is still 04.05.04_G

• nag
    nag Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi everybody i have iphone 3g 16gb version and firmware is 2.30.03 and software version is 2.2.1, i have done as said above and iam successful in downgrading to version 2.2 but the frimware dint change and more over there is no signal and in the settings also i dint see the carrier also.so again i have restored to version 2.2.1 which solved all the signal problems.thanks

• nag
    nag Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi everybody i have iphone 3g 16gb version and firmware is 2.30.03 and software version is 2.2.1, i have done as said above and iam successful in downgrading to version 2.2 but the frimware dint change and more over there is no signal and in the settings also i dint see the carrier also.so again i have restored to version 2.2.1 which solved all the signal problems.thanks

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

hey im getting the error 23 what can i do. see what hppen was my phone died and when i went to charge it it was sayingy "RESTORE NEEDED iphone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from iTunes." and i've tried the DFU THING I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO

• Unr3aL
    Unr3aL Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

downgrading the 2.2.1 FW wont help unless you alrdy have the 2.30 baseband on..**** it

• Shane
    Shane Posts: 59
    via Wordpress

i'm trying to restore my iphone, but the itunes gives me the error 23, what can i do?

• proIphoneDeveloper
    via Wordpress

YOU GUYS ARE RETARDED!! WHEN U GET THE 1013 ERROR, U ALREADY HAVE THE FIRMWARE INSTALLED!! JUST DO A HARD RESET(POWER AND HOME BUTTON) UNTIL THE SCREEN GOES BLACK, THEN LET GO OF BOTH QUICKLY AND IT SHOULD STAY OFF, THEN JUST TURN ON THE PHONE AND IT SHOULD BE IN THE ACTIVATION SCREEN!!! YOU KNOW THE REST...JAILBREAK AND UR GOOD!

• Renato
    Renato Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

work work work work work work work work and work thanks bro perfect

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

thank you so much!!! it worked!!!!

• ALLEN
    ALLEN Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

THIS REPLY IS ON MAY 15 2009. SORRY FOR ALL THE CAPS JUST WANTED TO TELL ALL IN A HURRY. I FIGURED IT OUT. WHEN YOU DOWN GRADE TO THE 2.2 FIRMWARE THROUGH ITUNES YOU WILL MORE THEN LIKELY GET THE 1013 ERROR, BUT DONT WORRY, I JUST DID. CLICK ON THE OK FROM THE 1013 ERROR AND CLOSE ITUNES, THEN OPEN THE QUICKPWN 2.2-1 PROGRAM, THE BOX WILL APPEAR SAYING TO HOLD DOWN THE POWER AND HOMEBUTTON FOR 15 SEC THEN THE POWER BUTTON FOR 2 SEC, CLICK OK FIRST THEN (LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY) ONLY HOLD DOWN BOTH BUTTONS UNTIL YOU SEE THE WHITE APPLE APPEAR ON YOUR SCREEN THE LET OFF THE HOME BUTTON AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON FOR 2 SEC. NOW YOUR PHONE WILL BE IN THE ACTIVATE MODE AND NOT THE ERROR MODE. NOW USE THE QUICKPWN TO JAIL BREAK YOUR PHONE, JUST DID IT AND I AM NOW JAILBREAKING MY PHONE WITH THE 2.2 AND NOT THE 2.2.1 FIRMWARE. ENJOY!!!!!!

• DAPPA75WIFIE
    DAPPA75WIFIE Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE IT SAID ERROR 1013 BUT WHEN I UNPLUG THE PHONE N RESTART IT IT ASKS FOR THE PHONE TO BE PLUGGED IN AND WHEN I DO THAT IT WILL NOT DO ANYTHING UNLESS I RESTORE IT BACK TO 2.2.1